Crime New York City Police Need to Be Held Accountable for Rising Crime, Andrew Yang Says

You are trying to hard. The trick to trolling is you say a series of subtle things which slowly move the tone of the thread towards a ridiculous position. The trick is to say things that will egg on people to say things that you can reply to so by the sixth or seventh page you say something off the wall and it fits the current tone of the thread. If you start right off the bat with a outrageous statement people will just dismiss it.
That's pretty well said.

For the rising crimes in NYC according to Yang addressing cultural and racism has to be addressed.
It seems Yang has completely forgotten that NYC' City Council had defunded the police with one Billion cut of its funds.

Source
He's definitely not the guy to run NYC. Not nearly hard-nosed enough. He lives in la-la land.

He's definitely not the guy to run NYC. Not nearly hard-nosed enough. He lives in la-la land.
Yeah he isn’t grounded and I understand his goals. But the way he’ll achieve by the way he talks won’t happen. He just has no idea how things are and there are a lot of moving parts. I doubt he can do it.

Demonizing the police likely has something to do with the rising crime.

-Remove funding from police by 1B.
-Release criminals from prison due to covid
-Give easy sentences all year and tell police arresting black people is racist (even if they are committing lots of crime)
-Crime sky rockets
-Blame the problem on police and racism

This is vintage left logic is a neat little package.

-Give easy sentences all year and tell police arresting black people is racist (even if they are committing lots of crime)
-Crime sky rockets

You nailed what is happening quite well. I am shocked how quickly the whole releasing criminals from jails due to covid had being swapped under the rug.

-Crime sky rockets

FTFY :D
Also 10/10 post

I mean even from your cliffs it's clear he said they need to be held accountable for lower resolution rates, not for actual crime rates, but keep bullshitting.
Aren't "resolution" rates a bit out of their hands? Feel like that falls more to the DA unless Yang is talking resolution as in someone is given a ticket with a Court date or arrested is the "resolution".

Aren't "resolution" rates a bit out of their hands? Feel like that falls more to the DA unless Yang is talking resolution as in someone is given a ticket with a Court date or arrested is the "resolution".

Maybe he thinks they're not doing a good job of investigating things or they could be more efficient with the way they investigate things and get to more cases, I'm not sure.

Maybe he thinks they're not doing a good job of investigating things or they could be more efficient with the way they investigate things and get to more cases, I'm not sure.
I admittedly didn't click the link but I'm really confused about the use of the word "resolution" and how Yang is using it.

911’s a joke was a pretty popular song. I’m sure it hit close to home for many people at the time and today.

I think the bigger problem for increased crime rates in New York City lies with DAs that don't do their job and politicians. I hope the crime situation doesn't become worse, but it's not looking good. Some are concerned about this issue ~

NYC’s pro-crime leadership class will kill off America’s greatest city

https://nypost.com/2021/02/16/nycs-pro-crime-leadership-class-will-kill-off-americas-greatest-city/

excerpt:

Coming off a year that saw the highest percentage-point spikes in homicides and shootings in decades, the Big Apple continues to struggle. With each passing day, rising crime moves any return to a post-pandemic normal further out of reach.

Last week, four people were brutally stabbed in separate attacks along New York City’s A train; two died. Not long after, police arrested Rigoberto Lopez, who authorities say confessed to all four attacks. Lopez allegedly has a troubling rap sheet for assaults and criminal contempt. Yet he had been released after his most recent arrest in the fall, when police allege he was walking the streets of Washington Heights with a kitchen knife and 48 bags of cocaine.

“Why was he out?” blared a Post cover headline. The answer: because of New York’s misguided pretrial-detention rules, which prohibit judges from even considering the risks posed to the community by a criminal defendant. Still, state officials show no sign of willingness to fill this gaping hole in the law.

Lopez’s stabbing spree came on the heels of a recent spike in violent attacks underground, and was followed just days later by yet another knife attack — this one in the afternoon on a No. 2 train near Penn Station.

The situation above ground is equally grim.....

Police in this country 100% need better training. It is simply too easy to be a cop
LOL
do you even know the requirements to be a police officer in NYPD???
My background check took a YEAR they talked to all my neighbors and i almost got disqualified (and i missed a class and had to wait another 6 months) for a parking ticket that someone else had with my same name.... but yeah its a joke.. I had to write 62 pages on all my tattoos, where i got them, what they mean, and they went and background checked them..
the psych test is like 2400 questions and takes about 8 hrs+ (7am to like 5pm)
Requirements
Qualifying Age: The minimum age of appointment is 21 years old. However, candidates are eligible to take the Police Officer’s Entrance Exam at seventeen and one half (17½) years old. Candidates may take the Entrance Exam up until their 35th birthday.
Education: You must have earned 60 college credits with a minimum 2.0 GPA from an accredited institution or 2 years of active military service in the U.S. Armed Forces in order to be appointed to the title of Police Officer.
Residency: You must also be a United States citizen, have a valid New York driver license and live in one of the city's five boroughs or Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, Westchester, Putnam or Orange counties within 30 days of being hired.
Disqualifiers: Candidates will be disqualified if they have been convicted of a felony, domestic violence misdemeanor, or have been dishonorably discharged from the military. Candidates may also be disqualified if they demonstrate a history of disrespect for the law, a tendency toward violence, termination from a job for poor behavior, or not adjusting to discipline.

The Hiring Process
  • The hiring process requires that the following steps must be successfully completed:
  • Written Entrance Exam: Candidates must pass a written examination offered by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services in order to move forward in the hiring process
  • Medical Exam
  • Written and Oral Psychological Exams
  • Background Character Investigation
  • Job Standards Test (JST): Candidates must finish this continuous physical test in 4 minutes and 28 seconds to pass. The JST includes: sprinting 50 feet and surmounting a barrier; climbing stairs; demonstrating the ability to physically restrain someone; running in pursuit; dragging a 175-pound mannequin 35 feet to simulate a rescue; and pulling the trigger of an unloaded firearm multiple times
  • In addition, candidates are required to pass a drug and alcohol screening
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/careers/police-officers/po-hiring.page

LOL
do you even know the requirements to be a police officer in NYPD???
My background check took a YEAR they talked to all my neighbors and i almost got disqualified (and i missed a class and had to wait another 6 months) for a parking ticket that someone else had with my same name.... but yeah its a joke.. I had to write 62 pages on all my tattoos, where i got them, what they mean, and they went and background checked them..
the psych test is like 2400 questions and takes about 8 hrs+ (7am to like 5pm)

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/careers/police-officers/po-hiring.page

I took the psych test with some firemen. I mentioned that my voices were confused about some of the questions. They had no sense of humor

He’s likely aware that the greatest impediment to be successful investigation is lack of assistance by citizens, and believes that if the structure of policing were improved such that “police” were able to do their jobs “better” (ie without the burden of negative public perception) that citizen support of investigations would improve, which would lead to more and more successful investigations.

Yang has been surrounded by too many democrats and msm reporters and journalists.

Eric Weinstein, his friend, said Yang joining cnn coukd be a genius move to exploit the establishment...or it could be him unwittingly being coverted into a partisan DNC shill.

His big republican supporters feel alienated now. They still would support him if he ran for potus again oe Trumper4Yang and Fred the Felon.

I took the psych test with some firemen. I mentioned that my voices were confused about some of the questions. They had no sense of humor
The voices or the firemen?

Back