Elections Newsome Keeps His Governorship-- Results Not Close

Lmao @ someone being ecstatic about moving to Alabama. They must be poor. Lmao.
I lived in Alabama for 2 years and I would rather have my eyes burned out with a cigarette and hands cut off with a rusty knife than to ever live in that festering hellhole again.

You've never been to Orange Beach, AL.

I am looking there, Navarre, FL, and near Panama Beach, FL.
And I don’t plan on it. I like making tons of money, seeing hot chicks and having beautiful weather. Hope you’re happy after the move though.

That was a tough read bro LoL

Plague rats? LMFAO

Holy shit, you watch too much tv bro, theres no plague going on dude.

You quad-pack booster vaxxers enjoy your baseball games and constant bar code scanning while you fail to fend off future strains in a never ending cycle of vaccinations.

If “Red” states are the last strongholds, watch them mofos thrive economically for having great business “climates”, many top companies have fled to TX/FL as well as good earning families. Isnt AZ taking the chip industry by storm soon?

oh yes. those deep red states are thriving

with plague rats. thats really about it though. theyre real good for asking other states for money too though.

Last edited:
Should all people that make poor health decisions be exiled from medical treatment or just unvaccinated?

if people want to protest against the health care workers who are busy saviing their lives, then its clear they dont believe in science and the medical industry so hell yeah dont treat them. they dont want to be treated. these plague rats believe in their own alternative science. they have their cheap horse paste, bleach, ultraviolet light bulbs, fish tank cleaner, toxic levels of vitamins, colloidal silver, bromelian, betaline, and Alex Jones' silver toothpaste. i'm sure they'll be fine. if they are running low on beds in the hospital and it comes down to doctors having to pick and choose who gets treated and who lives and who dies, the plague rats arent exactly going to have highest priority.

Last edited:
The fact that 107 people on this forum actually thought that Larry Elder was going to win tells me that a bunch of people on this forum rode the short bus to school when they were kids and it also means they were the ones living in an echo chamber. I believe only one of the dozens of credible polls conducted about the recall showed Gavin Newsom getting recalled and that one turned out to be a huge outlier.

The point I was trying to make is the lefties and righties are pretty split around here; and while it can be a little toxic at times nobody can accuse Sherdog's War Room of being an echo chamber, as people with opposing views are allowed to duke it out. I think it's great. It's nice to see both sides of the coin when it comes to political discourse.

That poll is 107 to 103 for Newsome. Close to a 50/50 split with the Liberal side winning is not a right wing bias. The War Room overall is pretty split including the mods. I take it that you are one of those poop dicks that sees anything that differs from your opinion as bias. If it's an echo chamber you are after you should try Reddit.

Newsom was supposed to win by a landslide (and he did). The poll shouldn't have been close... instead it had him losing by a small margin.
Also this is the same place that said the best president of the past 50 years was Donald Trump <Lmaoo>

I mean its a subform of an MMA site, of course its going to have a right wing bias. Funny that you accuse me of wanting an echo chamber... I like to come here knowing precisely what this place is because I don't want an echo chamber.

Edit: Just looked at that thread with the Newsom v Elder poll.... looks like people voted for Newsom after the results were already in (the margin in favor of Elder wasn't as close when I posted it originally)

Last edited:
Newsom was supposed to win by a landslide (and he did). The poll shouldn't have been close... instead it had him losing by a small margin.
Also this is the same place that said the best president of the past 50 years was Donald Trump <Lmaoo>

I mean its a subform of an MMA site, of course its going to have a right wing bias. Funny that you accuse me of wanting an echo chamber... I like to come here knowing precisely what this place is because I don't want an echo chamber.

Edit: Just looked at that thread with the Newsom v Elder poll.... looks like people voted for Newsom after the results were already in (the margin in favor of Elder wasn't as close when I posted it originally)

So 262 to 213 in favor of Republicans over Democrats in that poll does not equal the entire War Room having a right wing bias. That is 55% to 45%. Which makes right wingers the majority, but not by much. Like I said it is still pretty split around here.

Since I've able to vote I have voted for Gore, Kerry, Obama x2, and Trump x2. If you stand back and actually look at some of Trumps polices he didn't do a bad job. Obama had his faults, but he didn't do a bad job either, people just liked to fawn over him because he's Black. I wouldn't consider him the best president in the last 50 years either.

I saw the Elder Newsome Poll before the Election and you're it did have Elder winning, but it wasn't by much.

Legit question: why is he so popular when his State has so many issues? I’m very confused by that.

That should cause you to question the narrative around here. No one seems to take that step (between "the facts don't seem to line up with partisan bullshit" and "partisan bullshit might not be trustworthy"). The biggest actual problem here was just addressed in a major way:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politic...s-long-awaited-bills-to-increase-16465752.php

Wasn’t the lead republican candidate a shock jockey?

I voted for Faulconer but I didn't expect the recall to be sucessful.

It'll be interesting next year. If the Democrats run a strong enough candidate against him, I'm sure Newsom will be out.

I don't think any Republican can make a serious run next year though, unless someone is hiding in the woodwork that can change the tide that I don't know about. They'd have to be moderate or fairly libertarian to stand a chance.

I voted for Faulconer but I didn't expect the recall to be sucessful.

It'll be interesting next year. If the Democrats run a strong enough candidate against him, I'm sure Newsom will be out.

I don't think any Republican can make a serious run next year though, unless someone is hiding in the woodwork that can change the tide that I don't know about. They'd have to be moderate or fairly libertarian to stand a chance.

No chance Newsom will be primaried, and no reason he should be.

To me, it's hard to trust a guy that passes covid restrictions on bars... but keeps his winery open during the whole pandemic. Or gets caught twice dining indoors without a mask on when there are mandates to not have indoor dining.

Or furlough state worker pay 9.23 percent and claim you are going to take a pay cut as well, only to lie about it and not take a pay cut.

Says a lot about the guy's character.

He's been useless on matters of the homeless and does a great job of pointing fingers at other when it comes to the state's issues. He de facto response is "Global Warming" when it comes to a lot of things and does nothing to help in short term. He loves using the global warming card when it comes to fires and droughts and water shortages because it makes his constituents happy but that doesn't solve anything. Like banning ICE cars 14 years from now solves anything.

What are you doing to help collect groundwater and recycle sewage now? Desalination? Maybe like San Diego County the state should do a better job building up damn infrastructure and water reclamation so there's a surplus? How about fires? Blaming global warming every day doesn't help now. Maybe do a better job at managing forests to control burns?

No chance Newsom will be primaried, and no reason he should be.

I see Baghdad Bob made his appearance....

Businesses Are Fleeing California Along With Its Residents
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammi...t-biden-should-pay-attention/?sh=6b6a5de02327
Last year, California’s population decreased for the first time in recorded history and it lost a congressional seat. The state is starting to develop a two-tiered society, with higher-income, educated tech workers clustering in the major coastal cities while lower-income, less-educated workers are relegated to the interior of the state or forced out altogether. Now, a new study finds that business headquarters are also leaving the state at a record pace.

Yeah... I'm sure things will be great when California is left with the Most Wealthy and Most Poverty at the same time... and a fast shrinking middle class

Oh wait, Cali is already there.

To me, it's hard to trust a guy that passes covid restrictions on bars... but keeps his winery open during the whole pandemic. Or gets caught twice dining indoors without a mask on when there are mandates to not have indoor dining.

That's not even true about the winery, though. The whole county had wineries open when cases were low there, and then closed when they rose (also more accurate to say he has a financial stake in some wineries than that he owns one). One of those things that's too good to check for people. Other little petty personal stuff I don't care enough about to check. Generally, his handling of the pandemic has been excellent.

He's been useless on matters of the homeless and does a great job of pointing fingers at other when it comes to the state's issues.

Very wrong about homelessness. Just today: Gov. Newsom abolishes single-family zoning in California (mercurynews.com). Huge steps in the right direction there, and he'd done smaller things before signing that. That's the primary reason for my support (posted here that he'd lose my support if he didn't sign SB9 and SB10--I had some confidence he would because he's generally been on the right side of that issue, but he was getting a lot of pressure from Democratic NIMBYs and hadn't made a public statement on it before the signing).

He de facto response is "Global Warming" when it comes to a lot of things and does nothing to help in short term. He loves using the global warming card when it comes to fires and droughts and water shortages because it makes his constituents happy but that doesn't solve anything. Like banning ICE cars 14 years from now solves anything.

I mean, that is what's going on here. And, again, not true to say that no steps have been taken, but he's a governor, not Storm.

Very wrong about homelessness. Just today: Gov. Newsom abolishes single-family zoning in California (mercurynews.com). Huge steps in the right direction there, and he'd done smaller things before signing that. That's the primary reason for my support (posted here that he'd lose my support if he didn't sign SB9 and SB10--I had some confidence he would because he's generally been on the right side of that issue, but he was getting a lot of pressure from Democratic NIMBYs and hadn't made a public statement on it before the signing).

You honestly think that's going to do anything reduce homelessness? If anything it might help reduce cost for those who actually want a roof over their head by increasing supply... but the career homeless will stay on the street as always.

You honestly think that's going to do anything reduce homelessness? If anything it might help reduce cost for those who actually want a roof over their head by increasing supply... but the career homeless will stay on the street as always.

Of course it will. I'd bet anything you want on it (won't be immediate, but this long-term is alone almost sufficient to fix the issue). I don't agree that there are a significant number of people who want to be homeless. It's primarily an issue of housing costs.

Wasn’t the lead republican candidate a shock jockey?
the only reason Elder got the nod in the first place is republican losers love right wing shock jocks but only like three of them still exist since the rest died of covid after posting boss-ass facebook memes about how the vaccine is a gay conspiracy

Of course it will. I'd bet anything you want on it (won't be immediate, but this long-term is alone almost sufficient to fix the issue). I don't agree that there are a significant number of people who want to be homeless. It's primarily an issue of housing costs.
It's nice that you always has such a utopic viewpoint on Democrat policy. Most homeless people refuse to stay in shelters or can't stay there because they can't remain sober. The ones who have mental health issues, don't get the help they need.

These people are homeless because they refuse to work. Shit, many of them collect SSI and still refuse to find housing because that cuts into the ability to use drugs and alcohol. To be fair, many are disabled and cannot work and I am all for government support for those people... but if you refuse to work, how are you going to afford to pay rent on these new ADUs? You have to fuck up pretty badly in life to end up homeless. At a very basic level anyone can put a roof over their head. Even if you can't own a car, go on vacations, etc.. at a minimum you should be able to put a roof over your head, even if you have to have roommates.

Even all of the 18 to 21 year old's without a pot to piss in that migrate to San Diego find a way to pay rent on minimum wage jobs, even if they have to live with two other people to do it.

It's nice that you always has such a utopic viewpoint on Democrat policy. Most homeless people refuse to stay in shelters or can't stay there because they can't remain sober. The ones who have mental health issues, don't get the help they need.

Pretty dickish response, TeTe. It's not even "Democrat policy," genius. Lots of NIMBYs in the party. And Democrats didn't invent the idea that if you have more of something and the same demand for it, the cost of it will fall. And it's both logically obvious and empirically demonstrated that more housing units = lower housing costs = fewer homeless people. Mental health is completely irrelevant (check the correlation between housing costs and homeless rates and the correlation between mental illness rates and homelessness--one explains it, the other isn't related).

Back