NFL Discussion: Tompa Brady

What was the highlight of the Ship?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Texans might have decided to let him sit out. They can fine him and not take the big cap hit. They might even be able to get the signing bonus back. He's signed through 2025 and has to come back each year to get a year to count against the 5 remaining years.

If he was so unhappy, why did he sign a 4 year extension in September?

It's one thing to hold out for more money but completely different to demand a trade. A team might worry about losing the locker room with an increased salary demand. The player demanding a trade wants to quit the team so he's already gone.

The Texans might have decided to let him sit out. They can fine him and not take the big cap hit. They might even be able to get the signing bonus back. He's signed through 2025 and has to come back each year to get a year to count against the 5 remaining years.

If he was so unhappy, why did he sign a 4 year extension in September?

It's one thing to hold out for more money but completely different to demand a trade. A team might worry about losing the locker room with an increased salary demand. The player demanding a trade wants to quit the team so he's already gone.

This is is exactly right. Don't know how many times it can be explained.

When was the last time they had anything close to a good WR? Santonio? I remember Rex wanting a ground and pound offense with Green, but having Sanchez throw 50 times a game to a bunch of cans.

When was the last time they had anything close to a good WR? Santonio? I remember Rex wanting a ground and pound offense with Green, but having Sanchez throw 50 times a game to a bunch of cans.
They let Roby walk and could have kept him for cheap. Hard to be a good receiver with dog shit QB play.

Brandon Marshall, cant think of any others

Robby Anderson is a stud too, gase and darnold are just cans.

Do you think Carr is a Raider next year?
Ya. I dont know details but have heard the offers from the Colts/Bears were significant.

If GOATson or Wilson can actually be had realistically, thats another story. I dont see how either of those happen though.

Niners are really screwed if they can't resign Trent Williams, and every day that passes makes that more likely

Niners are really screwed if they can't resign Trent Williams, and every day that passes makes that more likely
That man is going to get paaaaaaaaaaid.

How do you feel about Pitts if hes there for the Niners pick? I know they really dont need it, but holy hell that offense would be wild.

That man is going to get paaaaaaaaaaid.

How do you feel about Pitts if hes there for the Niners pick? I know they really dont need it, but holy hell that offense would be wild.
Would be fun but more of a luxury pick when they need OL and an entire secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back