NFL Discussion: Tompa Brady

What was the highlight of the Ship?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
This is is exactly right. Don't know how many times it can be explained.
I was just reading about this yesterday... They're already like $17 mil over the cap now right? It would make sense to let him sit out.

Or did that free up when they released Watt?

Last edited:
I'm watching Undisputed. Jason McIntyre, Chris Broussard and Lavar Arrington are hosting. Broussard laid out just what several have posted, that the Texans have all the leverage on Watson for 5 years and could even franchise tag him for 3 years after that. He can't retire and come back because the Texans would still have his rights and he would have to pay back the signing bonus. Lavar Arrington says the Texans won't trade Watson. The other guys say they have to trade him or they will lose the fans. I think the fans come to see the big names and without Watson and Watt, who do they have? If they trade Watson or if Watson sits out, the Texans will need another quarterback. If they trade Watson, they won't have cap room because of the dead money. If he sits out, they will have more cap room because the signing bonus will be spread out over the next 4 seasons.

The Texans have a chance to get the signing bonus back if Watson refuses to play which would leave the team in a much better position to trade Watson next year. Arrington feels that Watson will play and won't destroy his value with shoddy play and thinks the Texans are counting on him playing when he realizes that there won't be a trade.

Then they talked about J.J. Watt and the rumored $15-$16 million offer. They think it was his agent trying to stir up interest. Arrington pointed out that he might get what appears to be a big deal but with little guaranteed money. I'm not so certain. There are teams that will do crazy things.

I was just reading about this yesterday... They're already like $17 mil over the cap now right? It would make sense to let him sit out.

Or did that free up when they released Watt?

They freed a lot of it up already. They also didn't franchise Fuller. They would absolutely let him sit out because they would get all of his signing bonus back and he would still owe them all the years on his contract

Pff. Let him sit until the mega-offer comes in. You give the guy 100 million guaranteed and he acts like this? 2022 onwards he has cap numbers $40 million plus.

Fuck off man, good god
Exactly, but the media paints the Texans as the bad guys and loves to fuel trade speculation to amuse themselves. None of these writers acknowledge what you're saying or the cap hit they'll take if they trade him.

Good article on Jimmy in the athletic, Cosell's predraft scouting report is so spot on. Sadly his report on Kinlaw looks pretty spot on as well

Jeebus !
Would be even more if Foster wasnt a piece of Shit

Lmao. He actually praised BOB and those are all his fuck ups

You're obsessed with this Deshaun shit
Now he has some can from the pats who was the team preacher just a few years back. Should work out well. Lol

obsessed? Lmao. It’s the only thing worth discussing before the draft.

Now he has some can from the pats who was the team preacher just a few years back. Should work out well. Lol

obsessed? Lmao. It’s the only thing worth discussing before the draft.

What's the difference honestly? BOB literally destroyed the team lol.

Is it? Outside of the bullshit ESPN was using to get clicks it's worthless. Even Rappaport was saying today that the Texans aren't even willing to listen to offers. It's simply a waste of everyone's time. More interesting to see who the QBs will go in the first round are and how many in the top 10.

What's the difference honestly? BOB literally destroyed the team lol.

Is it? Outside of the bullshit ESPN was using to get clicks it's worthless. Even Rappaport was saying today that the Texans aren't even willing to listen to offers. It's simply a waste of everyone's time. More interesting to see who the QBs will go in the first round are and how many in the top 10.
I think 4 will go in the top 10. Lmao @ anyone who drafts Mac Jones. Probably a poor man’s Matt Leinart.

I think 4 will go in the top 10. Lmao @ anyone who drafts Mac Jones. Probably a poor man’s Matt Leinart.

I think he sucks too. I actually think Leinart was a better prospect which is sad. I think that the most interesting thing will be if Lance goes over Fields

So they made up stats for him?
haha... YPC is all that matters! I think there might have been guys with more, but I Spose its based on a certain number of carrys.... anyways.

The rookie JK Beast is the real deal.

don't be salty that first rounder jacobs averaged under 4.

and also... zeke still sucks! Like I told you fuckers.

edit: and let's consider he was #3 on the depth chart for half the season lol... not to mention his qb rushed for a thousand.

Last edited:
I think Mac is better then people gave him credit for all year- he was by far the best QB at the senior bowl practices. That said he really is limited athletically, and with the way the league is going with an these young mobile QBs I don't know if you draft a guy with a Kirk Cousin's ceiling in the first round.

I'm on the Zach Wilson hype train, but at the same time watch how much time hr had in the pocket. Still really high on him because of the way he throws the ball, but he might as well have been playing for bama with the advantage his OL had vs weak competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back