NFL Draft Discussion: 2020

Who will be the best QB of the draft?

• Total voters
Dream draft - Juedy/Lamb
Trade 31 to end up with Fulton/Bryce Hall + a OL

Dream draft - Juedy/Lamb
Trade 31 to end up with Fulton/Bryce Hall + a OL
Yeah pretty sure they will trade #31, iirc the 49ers have no picks until round 5 otherwise.

Packers might want to trade down, too, depending on how the board falls.

Yeah pretty sure they will trade #31, iirc the 49ers have no picks until round 5 otherwise.

Packers might want to trade down, too, depending on how the board falls.
If CJ Henderson or a top OT fall (highly unlikely..) I'm totally fine staying at 31 as well. Sucks to have no day 2 picks, but blue chip WR + mid first round type talent is plenty for a team that went to the SB.

If CJ Henderson or a top OT fall (highly unlikely..) I'm totally fine staying at 31 as well. Sucks to have no day 2 picks, but blue chip WR + mid first round type talent is plenty for a team that went to the SB.
Most mocks have Henderson at 15-20, so yeah highly unlikely like you said. As for OT the class is pretty deep like everyone knows, very possible that a good tackle is available at the end of round one or one of the safeties/corner if you are looking for DBs - but if they are not absolutely in love with someone trading back still makes sense then.
Wouldn't surprise me if they go WR/DT or DT/WR with their first rounders either to be honest.

Most mocks have Henderson at 15-20, so yeah highly unlikely like you said. As for OT the class is pretty deep like everyone knows, very possible that a good tackle is available at the end of round one or one of the safeties/corner if you are looking for DBs - but if they are not absolutely in love with someone trading back still makes sense then.
Wouldn't surprise me if they go WR/DT or DT/WR with their first rounders either to be honest.
I see CJ as high as top ten, low as mid second round. Tackling concerns have him all over the place.
I'm pretty against going DT.

I see CJ as high as top ten, low as mid second round. Tackling concerns have him all over the place.
I'm pretty against going DT.
Never know how it shakes out, literally no one had Gary or Savage on the Packers radar last year for example lol...
Guess the idea is to compensate for Buckner leaving, but the DT class isn't very strong from what I've read.

Never know how it shakes out, literally no one had Gary or Savage on the Packers radar last year for example lol...
Guess the idea is to compensate for Buckner leaving, but the DT class isn't very strong from what I've read.
It's got 2 high end guys, chance one falls to 13. Plenty on the roster, we don't need to replace Buckner.

It's got 2 high end guys, chance one falls to 13. Plenty on the roster, we don't need to replace Buckner.
Buckner is an absolute stud, you will feel the loss imo. Question is if it makes sense to use 13 or 31 on a DT, the answer would be a no from me but still something to consider.

Buckner is an absolute stud, you will feel the loss imo. Question is if it makes sense to use 13 or 31 on a DT, the answer would be a no from me but still something to consider.
Arik Armstead was better than Buckner last year. I love Buckner, and I think he is the better player, but 2019 Armstead > 2019 Buckner. I think you easily slide Armstead inside (like you do on passing downs already), and he is a poor mans Buckner. Armstead, Thomas, hell even the recently drafted kids like Street/Taylor fit better inside but Buckner is such a stud that never gets hurt everyone played outside (lack of talent at EDGE).

Niners are a way better team when Ford was healthy, part of that was Armstead sliding inside next to Buckner. He's great at stopping the run outside, but he's actually a good pass rusher inside vs average on the edge.

I'm through most OT and this is the best OT class since 2016 (Stanley/Conklin/Tunsil/Decker) at least.

Thomas & Wirfs are 1a/1b for me.Just rocks at their position.Thomas is only average in run blocking, but that's enough.
Josh Jones is 3rd.Guy was pwning dudes at the senior Bowl and was generally overlooked because he played at Houston.Could clean his technique up a bit though.
Becton is a mountain that can move.
Wills is a beastly run blocker.Really good pass blocker, but he half-assed some blocks at Alabama, that wont fly in the NFL.

Lucas Niang looked pretty solid, could be a value pick in the 3rd/4th rd.
Throckmorton is a swiss army knife at the O line.The guy has played well at every OL position at Oregon.I'd put him at C/G but he could be a backup swing tackle too.

Trey Adams is worrying.Really susceptible to Speed & Bull rushes.
I have no idea why Mock Drafts have Austin Jackson as a 1st/2nd rd pick.I wouldn't even consider him a Top 10 OT in this class.

expanding on this a couple of other OTs that caught my eye.

Ezra Cleveland-Didnt have the best competition at Boise State, but was an absolute rock at LT.Did really well against Marvin Wilson who would've been my 2nd or 3rd ranked DT if he declared this draft.

Jack Driscoll-While most of the attention went to Tega Wanogho, Driscoll actually impressed me more on Film.One of the most technically proficient OTs in this Draft.Always has great hand placement.Shades of David Bakhtiari.

Prince Tega Wanogho-Was good overall.Had a few problems with really fast Edge rushers.

Matt Peart-Big, really athletic guy.Quick and a great Run blocker.Still has a few technical issues,but i like him quite a bit.

Robert Hunt-The last OT i liked.Did well against Sun Belt competition.Solid at the Senior Bowl.

I'd stay away from Jon Runyan,Saahdiq Charles,Terrence Steele,Tyre Phillips

Been watching some ceedee lamb cutups and I totally agree with Kyle Shanahan - it's really hard to tell how a guy does against man coverage with so few teams playing press man.

any opinion on juedy vs lamb at wr for the raiders if both were available at #12? A true wr1 is their biggest need.

Waller is great at Te. He led the team by a mile with both receptions(90) and yards (1145), and he has good get open ability in the open field.

Tyrelle Williams had 6 td's including 1 in each of the first 4 weeks but just started 12 games with some injury issues and ended up with 651 yds and never really got on track as a legit #1 reciever which he isnt.

hunter renfrow was good in the slot. 600yds and 4 td's but got more involved as the season went on and gained trust. He had 100yds and a TD in both weeks 16 and 17 and looked like a guy who could hold down the slot position.

Im reading jeudy projects more as a slot type guy, that would concern me as id rather have a guy who can take the top off the defense as we already have a few guys that could work the shorter routes.

Raiders should just take Ruggs, that's what Al would do.

any opinion on juedy vs lamb at wr for the raiders if both were available at #12? A true wr1 is their biggest need.

Waller is great at Te. He led the team by a mile with both receptions(90) and yards (1145), and he has good get open ability in the open field.

Tyrelle Williams had 6 td's including 1 in each of the first 4 weeks but just started 12 games with some injury issues and ended up with 651 yds and never really got on track as a legit #1 reciever which he isnt.

hunter renfrow was good in the slot. 600yds and 4 td's but got more involved as the season went on and gained trust. He had 100yds and a TD in both weeks 16 and 17 and looked like a guy who could hold down the slot position.

Im reading jeudy projects more as a slot type guy, that would concern me as id rather have a guy who can take the top off the defense as we already have a few guys that could work the shorter routes.
Its Ceedee if theyre both there imo.
Raiders should just take Ruggs, that's what Al would do.
There are a fuck ton of people who think Ruggs is the first WR off the board.

I really don't want Ruggs
Id love to have Ruggs but not at his likely draft position.

Just hope the Broncos dont get him either lol.

Love Josh Uche as a project. Great upside guy but that floor could be low af. Interested to see where he gets snagged.

Back