NFL Draft Discussion: 2020

Who will be the best QB of the draft?

• Total voters
expanding on this a couple of other OTs that caught my eye.

Ezra Cleveland-Didnt have the best competition at Boise State, but was an absolute rock at LT.Did really well against Marvin Wilson who would've been my 2nd or 3rd ranked DT if he declared this draft.

Jack Driscoll-While most of the attention went to Tega Wanogho, Driscoll actually impressed me more on Film.One of the most technically proficient OTs in this Draft.Always has great hand placement.Shades of David Bakhtiari.
Many people (including me) think that the Packers will take an OT with the 30th pick, some writers are very high on Josh Jones and Ezra Cleveland. These two might be available at the end of round one, could you compare them a little bit? From what I've read Jones is stronger but Cleveland has an intriguing athletic profile (Packers value that a ton) and is technically more polished.

Jack Driscoll was also mentioned a lot, wonder what round he might be available?

Twitter keeps getting me higher on Jeudy, dude is always wide open

Many people (including me) think that the Packers will take an OT with the 30th pick, some writers are very high on Josh Jones and Ezra Cleveland. These two might be available at the end of round one, could you compare them a little bit? From what I've read Jones is stronger but Cleveland has an intriguing athletic profile (Packers value that a ton) and is technically more polished.

Jack Driscoll was also mentioned a lot, wonder what round he might be available?

Cleveland is more complete, has the techical advantage, especially his footwork.
Jones has a size advantage and is a better run blocker.

If you trust the Packers O line coach to develope players i'd take Jones over Cleveland.

When will Driscoll be available ?
Most Draft media seems to have him lower while the analytics guys have him ranked higher.
He could slip to the 3rd rd, but i expect him to go in the 2nd, early 2nd if there's a run on OT.
Then again, Kaleb McGary & Tytus Howard went in the 1st last year, that was a much weaker class than this year

I'm done with Centers & Guards.

I'm not overly impressed with the Centers.

Tier 1
Cesar Ruiz is #1 just by being the most well-rounded.Was good at pass & run blocking
Jake Hanson-same as Ruiz, but less athletic

Tier 2
Lloyd Cushenberry-Looked dominant against many SEC Teams and in the Senior Bowl, but had a few bad games too.Derrick Brown absolutely destroyed him so bad that LSU double-teamed him with Cushenberry/Lewis from the 2nd qtr on.
Tyler Biadasz-Really strong run blocker.Ideal in a Zone rushing scheme.Sort of a bend-but-dont-break pass blocker.Always looks like he's about to lose a block, but usually holds on.Kinda reminds me of Garrett Bradbury in last years Draft.
Matt Hennessy-Looked good against inferior competition.

Tier 3

Zach Shackelford-should probably move to Guard.Is slow coming out of his Center stance, otherwise solid
Keith Ismael-A less polished version of Hennessy.

Nick Harris gets hype because he's the most athletic Center in this class.Unfortunately any halfway decent DT put him on his back with a bullrush.I think he's woefully unprepared strength-wise.

Video gets me every time it crosses my TL

just saw the newest mock on cbs and as a riader fan, im so mad they dont have a comments feature. They legit have raiders taking QB jordan love at 12 over all the wr's and then a cb at 19. And since they dont have a second round pick that means the raiders are supposed to address their hands down biggest need of a wr in the 3rd rd? But yeah carr and mariota are average so lets use our picks on a 3rd qb to come in and try to win the starting job with shit at wr to throw to.

just saw the newest mock on cbs and as a riader fan, im so mad they dont have a comments feature. They legit have raiders taking QB jordan love at 12 over all the wr's and then a cb at 19. And since they dont have a second round pick that means the raiders are supposed to address their hands down biggest need of a wr in the 3rd rd? But yeah carr and mariota are average so lets use our picks on a 3rd qb to come in and try to win the starting job with shit at wr to throw to.

If i'm Mayock i'd go 12-Best available WR and 19-Queen/Best available CB.............then again they took Ferrell at 4 last year and a Box Safety at 27

Mock drafts mean absolutely jack shit.

So how many go in the top 15?
3 QBs
3 WRs
4 OTs

Guards.
Pretty mediocre class with a couple starters.I dont expect many all Pro's from this.

Tier 1
Ben Bredeson-really surprised me on Film because Draft guys have him lower.Good in all areas.Did well against Gross-Matos & Epenesa among others.
Solomon Kindley-Really old school Hog.Plays 110% every snap.Quite quick and reactive for his size.Recognizes Stunts very well.
Sometimes ran into Problems when pass rushers hit him in the upper chest area.
Shane Lemieux-Played well in Oregon's O line, which is littered with NFL Talent.Not a great run blocker and not the most agile.
Damien Lewis-Good play in the SEC in all areas.Good at the Senior Bowl 1-on-1s.Good size.Also had Problems with Derrick Brown but most Lineman had those against Auburn.
Jonah Jackson-Really good Technique.More athletic than he showed at the combine.Ideal for a Zone blocking scheme.Does lack strength.

Tier 2
Netane Muti-Ridiculous upper body strength.Really poor footwork and technique.Got away with this in the Mountain West, but could have a bad awakening in the NFL.If some O line coach can fix his technique he could be a monster.
Darryl Williams-Solid play, but nothing particularly great.Better at Guard than Center.Had a pretty good Senior Bowl.
John Simpson-Wildly inconsistent play ranging from Dominant to terrible (watch his Ohio State Film for the terrible).Very strong , but slow.Continued the inconsistent play at the Senior Bowl

I guess i'm down on Shenault.
I get some Cordarelle Patterson vibes from him.
Certainly strong with the ball in his hands, but the routes and hands are big issues.
And i certaiinly wouldnt spend a 1st or 2nd rd pick for a Gadget player.

One WR who's really flying under the radar is KJ Hill.The guy does nothing but constantly be open and murked CBs at the Senior Bowl.He could be this drafts Terry McLaurin

Another guy is Michael Pittman who could end up as a Middle class version of Mike Evans.A beast at the catchpoint and surprisingly fast for his size.

Tier 1
Jerry Jeudy
Ceedee Lamb
Henry Ruggs

Tier 2
Jalen Reagor-victim of bad QB play, gets open
KJ Hill
Tee Higgins-Could be the next Alshon Jeffery, actually Higgins is a better route runner
Justin Jefferson-Murders people in the slot
Michael Pittman
Denzel Mims

Tier 3 (The Route Runners)
Tyler Johnson-2nd or 3rd best route runner in this draft
Brandon Aiyuk
Bryan Edwards-quick release,another victim of a bad offensive scheme (Will Muschamp................)
Van Jefferson

Tier 4 (Elite traits with some issues)
KJ Hamler-probably the 2nd fastest WR in this class, takes some bad angles at times and had issues with Drops
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Laviska Shenault

Tier 5 (The Slot machines)
Easop Winston-also did well outside
Freddie Swaim
Devin Duvernay-Winston & Swaim are better route runners

Tier 6
Isiah Hodgins
Dezmon Patmon-fast, hands & concentration issues
John Hightower
Jauan Jennings-Great YAC guy,is slow
Collin Johnson-Huge target, fairly quick for his size

Van Jefferson might be the most polished college WR I've ever seen. His natural feel for coverages and routes is remarkable. High, high floor for him at a volume slot if he stays healthy.

Agree with the Shenault/Patterson comp, although Shenault isn't as fast. I think Aiyuk comps well with Ty Montgomery, for better or worse. He's super loose hipped and naturally fluid for his thicker build, but he lacks great hands or deep speed. Could develop into a very well-rounded receiver or could bust entirely.

From what I'm seeing - Niners may really be going OT at 13, or trading back from 13 to grab a OT+

From what I'm seeing - Niners may really be going OT at 13, or trading back from 13 to grab a OT+
If one of these 4 guys go out of the top 10, which very well could happen, its hard to pass on them for most any team. The return you can get on tackles is incredible.

I havent followed much, is McGlinchey the plan to kick over when Staley hangs them up? Or has he settled in elsewhere?

If one of these 4 guys go out of the top 10, which very well could happen, its hard to pass on them for most any team. The return you can get on tackles is incredible.

I havent followed much, is McGlinchey the plan to kick over when Staley hangs them up? Or has he settled in elsewhere?
I believe he is a RT, unless they end up with another tackle that is strictly a RT and he moves over. But wisely they kept him at RT when Staley went down.

They got lucky not taking edge in 2018 knowing 2019 was a way better class, could see them going OT this year because it's loaded knowing Joe is likely gone next season and it will then be hard to replace him (I'm sure they are predicting themselves to be a playoff team - later pick)

I believe he is a RT, unless they end up with another tackle that is strictly a RT and he moves over. But wisely they kept him at RT when Staley went down.

They got lucky not taking edge in 2018 knowing 2019 was a way better class, could see them going OT this year because it's loaded knowing Joe is likely gone next season and it will then be hard to replace him (I'm sure they are predicting themselves to be a playoff team - later pick)
Playing armchair GM with their current roster and production last year, I think a tackle heir is a damn good idea tbh. WR is unbelievably deep and theyve invested a lot of capital into guys they havent even gotten to see yet. Shanny’s offense with a deep class, I dont know I take a WR there.

Playing armchair GM with their current roster and production last year, I think a tackle heir is a damn good idea tbh. WR is unbelievably deep and theyve invested a lot of capital into guys they havent even gotten to see yet. Shanny’s offense with a deep class, I dont know I take a WR there.
WR OT rich class, with 2 first I think they end up with 2 of OT - WR - CB or a trade back to land all 3.

I'm gonna be really jealous of any team that grabs Michael Pittman in the 2nd round.

@Trotsky @KOQ24

Thoughts on Chase Claypool? Seems like his stock is rising lately.

I don't see him succeeding at WR.Does have issues at route-running and not as dominant in contested catch situations as you'd think for a WR his size.

He should try moving to TE

Back