NHL 2020-2021 Season Discussion: The Battle for Covid Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.I.P. KMS

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
New Season. Same Rona.

Congrats to Bogosian on his most deserving cup win. I can’t imagine the amount of blow that he’s consumed since.

Bogosian-Stanley-Cup-Bruce-Bennett-1024x568.jpg

So many questions to be answered in 2021. Will there be a vaccine? Will there be multiple bubbles? Will teams be allowed to cross the border? Will the Queefs dump one of their multiple over priced cans for legit goalie? Will I stab Matthew Tkachuk in retaliation for his attempted murder on Scheifele?

Prediction: Jets over Vegas in final (divisions/conferences rearranged because Rona DGAF)

And they're keeping Fleury apparently. Don't know how they're going to make that work.
Pacioretty's contract is 7m a year, trade him for draft picks comes to mind. Not that its a great idea but need to do something.

Anyone hear/read what the Vegas owner was saying on the radio yesterday? About how teams won’t be allowed to cross the border and the divisions will be rearranged and basically just play each other for an entire season? All the CANadian teams would be in one division so they don’t have to cross over and quarantine. Interesting stuff.

Anyone hear/read what the Vegas owner was saying on the radio yesterday? About how teams won’t be allowed to cross the border and the divisions will be rearranged and basically just play each other for an entire season? All the CANadian teams would be in one division so they don’t have to cross over and quarantine. Interesting stuff.
That's one way to get a Canadian team in the Finals, just have the best team from each side of the border play each other aboard the Maid of the Mist.

That's one way to get a Canadian team in the Finals, just have the best team from each side of the border play each other aboard the Maid of the Mist.

Play it on the Hornblower. Canadian home field advantage

Thornton finally leaving the Sharks.
one year deal, no doubt his last, with the Leafs.

Leafs signing more players to cheap contracts. That teams gonna be Matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Marner, Fred, and people playing for cheap hotdogs at the arena.

Good luck with that.
Basically the only way there's a season is if its something like that. Zero chance of them dishing out the cash to do multiple bubbles.

But who is going to take on any of those contracts in flat cap years? Maybe Buffalo makes a move for Kane to try and appease Eichel but even that's a long shot.

I mean, it's not like he got a big payday on his last go round either.
Is he from that area or something?
Maybe he's going to retire up there, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back