NHL 22 - To the Deadline and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got into hockey last year and am trying to figure out preseason now. Do they play their starters at all? Is it like how the NFL does it and it's just testing out the guys they aren't for sure keeping?

So I got into hockey last year and am trying to figure out preseason now. Do they play their starters at all? Is it like how the NFL does it and it's just testing out the guys they aren't for sure keeping?
You'll get a mix. There are a lot of vets that play to either earn a contract, or hope to make another team. Sometimes they will do split squads too.

They play it safe with their roster players, like every other sport. Preseason is basically try outs.

@El Che @Batjester
p3eKSl7.jpg

Matt Barzal signs extention with islanders 8 year 73.2 million

What's this about Marner going to the blue line?

Lol I guess that's what happens when you got 40% of your cap put into 3 forwards.

Morgan Riley is a good defensemen. He's a top guy on a lot of teams.
Imo to win a cup you need a top 15 Dman, and Morgan is probably a top 20. Just outside.

Leafs have to try something.

I assume this is exaggerated and we'll just see him QB some PPs, that's all.

Lol I guess that's what happens when you got 40% of your cap put into 3 forwards.

Morgan Riley is a good defensemen. He's a top guy on a lot of teams.
Imo to win a cup you need a top 15 Dman, and Morgan is probably a top 20. Just outside.

Leafs have to try something.

I assume this is exaggerated and we'll just see him QB some PPs, that's all.
They think he's another Fedorov, he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back