Media Nieky Holzken vs John Wayne Parr

Iroh

The Dragon of the West
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this, if there is one let a mod merge them or whatever he pleases.

Just to be sure I'll use some spoilers, though maybe it's not necessary.
Very interesting fight. John Wayne being almost 7.5 years older (his 45th bday is this Sunday) but he still got to fight in his rules and Nieky chose MMA gloves to fight in, which a lot of people say are not very compatible with Dutch style KB.
A very nice jumping downwards elbow from Nieky that missed, but at least showed he wasn't just sticking to what he is used to and making use of the broader rule set. I won't spoil the end and assume y'all go watch it if you haven't already. What do you all think? I thought it was very entertaining, but it's a shame John is so old now.

Last edited:
Nieky was just reading his every defense and waiting for the perfect time. Everything he landed had ko written all over it. Jwp was on borrowed time since mid way through the first.

I hope nieky retires. He is 37 and has a lot of miles on him.

Nieky was just reading his every defense and waiting for the perfect time. Everything he landed had ko written all over it. Jwp was on borrowed time since mid way through the first.

I hope he retires too. He looked awful

And I mainly don't want to see a nieky that isn't what he used to be.

I hope he retires too. He looked awful

So Nieky dominated the fight, scored 3 knockdowns and won by TKO in a ruleset and gloves that he's not used to and you guys are calling for him to retire and say that he looked awful?

What the fuck.

So Nieky dominated the fight, scored 3 knockdowns and won by TKO in a ruleset and gloves that he's not used to and you guys are calling for him to retire and say that he looked awful?

What the fuck.

I didn't say awful. But I want nieky to go out on top.

He can't beat doumbe or erresel. And he makes plenty money without fighting

Last edited:
On the one hand I dont think Nieky can beat Eersel, but on the other hand he is obviously still highly capable of smashing elite strikers. Maybe they could make some cool fights with him still.

Huh? You want NIEKY to retire when he is #1 ranked and just smoked JWP? Strange....

Huh? You want NIEKY to retire when he is #1 ranked and just smoked JWP? Strange....

I mean just keep him away from errsel. If I can't have nieky on top, I rather him save his brain cells. Smoking jwp is not that impressive these days.

And I don't know how he is number 1 when he lost to errsel twice

What the fuck.
I meant John Wayne parr

Nieky may be 37 but he looks and fights like he’s 30. Definitely still a top 10 welterweight.

I’d like to see him do more in Muay Thai. If he keeps it up, maybe One will put him in a MT title fight. Like @Kanka said, make Nieky vs Boughanem.

Isn't Nieky like 5 or 6kg heavier than Youssef? I mean i'd watch it but i think the better fight to make is Petchmorrakot vs Youssef.

Back