Media Nieky Holzken vs John Wayne Parr

Isn't Nieky like 5 or 6kg heavier than Youssef? I mean i'd watch it but i think the better fight to make is Petchmorrakot vs Youssef.
Seems like Youssef is rather big for 72.5 kg, while Nieky isn't particularly big for 77 kg. In Kickboxing I believe Nieky would dominate, but in Muay Thai I think it's difficult to predict. Youssef is strong in the clinch and Nieky tends to cover up in defensive mode, which Youssef could capitalize on with knees or elbows. He also seems to recover quite well from knockdowns (see Yodpayak vs Youssef).

Last edited:
Seems like Youssef is rather big for 72.5 kg, while Nieky isn't particularly big for 77 kg. In Kickboxing I believe Nieky would dominate, but in Muay Thai I think it's difficult to predict. Youssef is strong in the clinch and Nieky tends to cover up in defensive mode, which Youssef could capitalize on with knees or elbows. He also seems to recover quite well from knockdowns (see Yodpayak vs Youssef).

Regardless of who Youssef would end up fighting let's hope ONE can bring him in as he would definitely shake things up.

Sounds stupid, but I would be intrigued by Holzken vs Boughanem with small gloves Muay Thai rules

That'd be awesome but idk if One is gonna sign him. He's on a huge losing streak atm and they don't seem to have a lot of MT fighters at that weight for him to fight. Not sure Youssef will ever fight in one at this point. This is clearly a survival year for one.

That'd be awesome but idk if One is gonna sign him. He's on a huge losing streak atm and they don't seem to have a lot of MT fighters at that weight for him to fight. Not sure Youssef will ever fight in one at this point. This is clearly a survival year for one.
Who is on a losing streak?

Pretty sure Youssef has only lost 1 fight in like 5 years, unless i'm missing something.

Pretty sure Youssef has only lost 1 fight in like 5 years, unless i'm missing something.

He's scheduled to fight that guy he lost to so hope he wins and One picks him up

He's scheduled to fight that guy he lost to so hope he wins and One picks him up

Yeah he was supposed to rematch him in december but i guess it fell through, i can't find any info on it.

Yeah he was supposed to rematch him in december but i guess it fell through, i can't find any info on it.

It might be the reason One hasn't picked him up could still be under contract in Europe.

It might be the reason One hasn't picked him up could still be under contract in Europe.

I hope so.

Also, i'm not gonna pretend i know the financial state of ONE behind the scenes but i don't think people should judge the US cards for the lack of MT/KB fights. A lot of fighters don't want to go to or can't get into the US at the current time, we should get more fights when the cards return to Asia.

Didn't see a thread on this, if there is one let a mod merge them or whatever he pleases.

Just to be sure I'll use some spoilers, though maybe it's not necessary.
Very interesting fight. John Wayne being almost 7.5 years older (his 45th bday is this Sunday) but he still got to fight in his rules and Nieky chose MMA gloves to fight in, which a lot of people say are not very compatible with Dutch style KB.
A very nice jumping downwards elbow from Nieky that missed, but at least showed he wasn't just sticking to what he is used to and making use of the broader rule set. I won't spoil the end and assume y'all go watch it if you haven't already. What do you all think? I thought it was very entertaining, but it's a shame John is so old now.

So what happened to Nieky?

There were a lot of hype around him, he was talking about boxing, and he was top kickboxer, but it looks like he just disappeared.

I think he lost in boxing, and he lost to some guy in kickboxing and that was it?

There were a lot of hype around him, he was talking about boxing, and he was top kickboxer, but it looks like he just disappeared.

I think he lost in boxing, and he lost to some guy in kickboxing and that was it?

He lost his glory title to Doumbe and then went into boxing and lost a competitive short notice fight to Callum Smith who went on to fight Canelo recently. Came back to kickboxing in One and lost to Regian Ersel twice. Now doing muay thai there. Still a force but he's getting old

How did he disappear? He was top of his weight class until Doumbe came along and beat him twice back to back, then he took a loss to Alim who in his next fight beat Doumbe. Then he was asked to be a last minute replacement against Callum Smith and even though he lost it went to a decision, he then takes 11 months off and goes to ONE where destroys Cosmo and dominates Haida before running into another absolute killer in Eersel who he loses to twice.

So at what point in this timeline did he "disappear"? I'd like to know because he's been clearly visible to me for years.

Nieky is still top but not a champion material anymore. But that does not mean that he is not a high class fighter. He is still technical and has stamina and power. It is just that he is getting old and there are other younger and talented guys who are in line. I like him a lot and I hope that he will remain in shape for a few years. He needs some wins to gain back his confidence. He is probably one of the last K-1 MAX fighters still active...

Nieky is still top but not a champion material anymore. But that does not mean that he is not a high class fighter. He is still technical and has stamina and power. It is just that he is getting old and there are other younger and talented guys who are in line. I like him a lot and I hope that he will remain in shape for a few years. He needs some wins to gain back his confidence. He is probably one of the last K-1 MAX fighters still active...

Exactly, he's just gotten a bit older and he's probably only one or two steps below the guys at the very top. I was impressed with his last performance regardless of it being against JWP, and i'd definitely be interested to see if he has more MT matches since he's got nothing left to prove in KB at this point.

Back