Nintendo NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v5: Breath of the Pokemon

What’s everyone playing? I only recently got a switch and am switching between tales of vesperia and smash. Have kart and odyssey I haven’t played yet. I heard if you have prime you can get a year of online for free.

What’s everyone playing? I only recently got a switch and am switching between tales of vesperia and smash. Have kart and odyssey I haven’t played yet. I heard if you have prime you can get a year of online for free.

I have been playing a lot of Mario Maker 2 lately. The quick game sessions work well for me and there are also some amazing level designers out there (not me)

I am looking into Pillars of Eternity as it is also on sale until 8/15

ae2gab85t7g31.jpg

amazon prime? where do u get a year for free? i have been playing mario maker 2... breath or the wild and odyssey are the two best games on switch. i have smash as well but never play it.. i suck at it

I’m not super far into Fire Emblem (Chapter 6 and about 13 hours in) but I’m loving it so far. I’ve played most of the titles released in NA and this will likely go down as a top 3 in the series. I was very skeptical about the school theme and the game took a few hours to really click but it’s been great once I got used to it. Feels like a true “next-gen” Fire Emblem

I’m not super far into Fire Emblem (Chapter 6 and about 13 hours in) but I’m loving it so far. I’ve played most of the titles released in NA and this will likely go down as a top 3 in the series. I was very skeptical about the school theme and the game took a few hours to really click but it’s been great once I got used to it. Feels like a true “next-gen” Fire Emblem
Would you recommend it for a complete newcomer to the series?

I don't know anything about Fire Emblem, but it looks cool and I generally like turn-based stuff.

Would you recommend it for a complete newcomer to the series?

I don't know anything about Fire Emblem, but it looks cool and I generally like turn-based stuff.

Yes, I think it's very Fire Emblem beginner friendly. I don't think it's related to any previous titles. The mechanics in the game are also a bit different from previous titles so there are tutorials and hints etc. that come up and are easy to understand.

The gameplay is really solid. There are different branches in the story, a new game +, different character classes and reclasses etc. So, there likely is good replay value.

There's a lot more emphasis on world and character building in this one that comes in the form of optional exploration where you do little quests that equate to finding people/stuff and talking. People say it's similar to Persona 5 in that sense but I haven't played that so I can't explain. There's some weaboo/waifu type stuff in the game which if you find that to be absolutely horrible may bother you. Generally speaking I find those things to be fun little side things in the games although at times it can be a little cringey/awkward.

You can play in the Classic mode where units that die in the mission stay dead (unless you restart the chapter and maybe if you use this item which I have not tried yet) or if you want to be a weenie you can play on the Casual mode where they come back to life after the mission.

I think it's going to end up being one of my favorites games

Anyone else experienced the joycon drift issues? My left joycon, has become pretty unusable, but I am currently in the middle of nowhere Alaska, so I will have to wait to send it in for repair. At least they are fixing them for free.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/new-nintendo-switch-battery-life-tested-how-much-better-is-it

To see how the new Switch’s battery life compares to the old one, we ran an endless, 8-player CPU battle in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on both systems, with all of the items and AI difficulty turned up for maximum chaos. We cranked the brightness to max, and turned auto-sleep and auto-brightness off. It’s not an entirely scientific test, but it did give us a good idea of how each version of the Switch holds up after a long play session.

The new Nintendo Switch lasted for about 4 hours and 50 minutes before going dark on our Smash test, which is nearly double the 2:45 result we got from our old Switch. It’s worth noting that our old Switch was purchased in 2017, so its battery may have seen some wear and tear over the years. But still, based on our testing, the new Switch does indeed offer a significant battery bump over the launch model.

Anyone else experienced the joycon drift issues? My left joycon, has become pretty unusable, but I am currently in the middle of nowhere Alaska, so I will have to wait to send it in for repair. At least they are fixing them for free.

I have 2 sets of joy cons, and they are both having issues that make some games unplayable. I haven’t sent them in yet because my kids don’t seem to notice, but it drives me up the wall.

I have 2 sets of joy cons, and they are both having issues that make some games unplayable. I haven’t sent them in yet because my kids don’t seem to notice, but it drives me up the wall.
Yeah I got Skyrim recently, and it's almost unplayable with the messed up joycon. I have heard you have to pay to ship them to them, but they do repair them very fast, then over night them to you.

Back