Nintendo NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v5: Breath of the Pokemon

I recently saw advertised a deal for “buy one switch game, get a second one half off” for select titles. The game I wanted to buy is Mario Odyssey, but if I wanted to take advantage of the deal the other titles I could get with it for half off are:

Luigi’s Mansion 3
Super Mario Maker 2
Yoshi’s Crafted World
Splatoon 2

Are any of these other titles any good? If so, which one would be your recommendations?

I recently saw advertised a deal for “buy one switch game, get a second one half off” for select titles. The game I wanted to buy is Mario Odyssey, but if I wanted to take advantage of the deal the other titles I could get with it for half off are:

Luigi’s Mansion 3
Super Mario Maker 2
Yoshi’s Crafted World
Splatoon 2

Are any of these other titles any good? If so, which one would be your recommendations?
Luigi's mansion is great

They should port Ultra Street Fighter 4 to the Switch if it can’t get Street Fighter 5.

I want the Switch to have new Tekken game.

They also should port Punch Out to the Switch.

And give us Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and Killer Instinct.

Last edited:

Luigi’s Mansion 3
Super Mario Maker 2
Yoshi’s Crafted World
Splatoon 2

I haven't played the other three but Splatoon 2 is pretty damn awesome. It's a very unique shooter that is a breath of fresh air in the genre. I think you should know what to expect with Mario Maker, Luigi's Mansion is supposed to be a very solid series, and I haven't heard much about Yoshi so I would put it last on this list.

They also should port Punch Out to the Switch.

Punch Out Arcade (1983) you can buy on the Switch store, Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Super Punch Out are on the NES/SNES Game libraries you get with Nintendo Online if you have that too

Punch Out Arcade (1983) you can buy on the Switch store, Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Super Punch Out are on the NES/SNES Game libraries you get with Nintendo Online if you have that too
I want Punch Out from the Wii ported to the Switch or a brand new Punch Out for the Switch.

Luigi’s Mansion 3
Super Mario Maker 2
Yoshi’s Crafted World
Splatoon 2

I've had Mario Maker a year and still play it. Endless entertainment for anyone who likes Mario.

Haven't played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 in a bit so I figured I'd give it another go.

Yep, still fucking awful camera angles/controls. Easily the worst game I've ever played when it comes to the camera being all over the place with bad positioning, zoom, angles, you name it.

It's bad enough the computer AI of teammates is full on idiotic at times.. Standing in shit, using up revives, lagging behind.. but this camera is total garbage.

Team Ninja, Nintendo, and Marvel should be ashamed of themselves. Assholes.

Haven't played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 in a bit so I figured I'd give it another go.

Yep, still fucking awful camera angles/controls. Easily the worst game I've ever played when it comes to the camera being all over the place with bad positioning, zoom, angles, you name it.

It's bad enough the computer AI of teammates is full on idiotic at times.. Standing in shit, using up revives, lagging behind.. but this camera is total garbage.

Team Ninja, Nintendo, and Marvel should be ashamed of themselves. Assholes.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 was amazing and 2 was pretty fun but imo not as good as 1 and 3 is just... it's fun but also not in the same league as 1 at all. Unfortunately I think they just revived it to cash in on MCU stuff which is a shame because MUA1/2 were amazing and didn't need to piggy back off the movies to be good games. It gets kind of tiresome to see the same shenanigans over and over and the game trying to replicate the MCU.

Yeah, that game wasn't very good imo

Nintendo are replacing its Multiplayer server system thats been in use since the 3DS and was also used on the WiiU and on the Switch

Nintendo are replacing its Multiplayer server system thats been in use since the 3DS and was also used on the WiiU and on the Switch

Holy shit does this mean the online won’t be complete ass??? If they make that rumored Switch Pro they need to add an Ethernet port too on the dock. I have the adapter but it’s kind of whack that they don’t just have one already.

Smash with decent or good netcod would be amazing. I can’t play that game at all because the lag is just incredibly bad.

Reactions: hsz
Have you played the co-op? If so, would it be fun for someone who doesn't play video games much?

Yes. It starts off very simple and eases you into all the features of Luigi's backpack. The appeal is universal. It's a must play.

God I hate Smash. Way to kill my hype immediately.

Yes, new Mario Golf! Looks like it borrows a lot from Everybody's Golf.

Ass of a direct.

The best thing about it was the damn mediocre pop song that played during Plants vs Zombies trailer...

Then.....an annoucement for some BOTW 2 shit for later in the year. These motherfuckers.

Well I guess the best news we got was Skyward Sword HD. A game I actually want to play.

I know a lot of people like Splatoon too, so the sequel must be nice.

Back