Nintendo NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v5: Breath of the Pokemon

Ass of a direct.

The best thing about it was the damn mediocre pop song that played during Plants vs Zombies trailer...

Then.....an annoucement for some BOTW 2 shit for later in the year. These motherfuckers.

Well I guess the best news we got was Skyward Sword HD. A game I actually want to play.

I know a lot of people like Splatoon too, so the sequel must be nice.
They pissed me off good with the bait and switch opening being a Smash character instead of a dlc.

Skyward Sword I never played, so I am looking forward to that.

Nothing else interested me.

No desire to go back and play any Zeldas, least of all Skyward Sword. I am disappoint Nintendo.

Definitely getting Mario Golf tho

Got excited when I saw something about a Capcom SNK game coming to the Switch
Turns out its just a old neo geo game
<DisgustingHHH>

The highlight for me was SaGa Frontier Remastered lol.

Mario Golf could be fun if it's not full baby mode.

Dang, none of you guys are hyped for No More Heroes 3? I can't wait! Finally getting a release date made that Direct for me. The Famicom Detective Club games being localized, Mario Golf, Splatoon 3, a bit of third party stuff. I thought there was a good amount of cool stuff here.

Skyward Sword HD
Mario Golf
mayyyybeee Splatoon 3 - I need people to play that with... :/

Was kinda disappointed actually...No BOTW2, no Metroid Prime 4... Supposed to be a Bayonetta 3?.. BOOOOO!!!!

Is Mario 3D World any good? I’m interested in picking it or Mario Odyssey up.
Both are great. Odyssey is probably better, but a different type of mario.

Is Mario 3D World any good? I’m interested in picking it or Mario Odyssey up.

I enjoyed Mario 3D world better. It played like a 3D version of Super Mario World (hence the name) with the over world map and level nodes.
Mario Odyssey felt more like a rakped up version of Mario 64. Depending on what you enjoy more should drive which game you get, but both are great.

Also, if you plan on doing any multiplayer, M3DW is a blast. Played with the family and everyone had a great time, even my youngest who wasn't really able to play at the time, but could bubble up and be part of the group. MO has a multiplayer component but more of a single player game.

The direct was good for me as I am an RPG fan. I was already looking forward to seeing more info on Monster Hunter Rise

Excited for:
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Mario Golf
- Project Triangle Strategy (getting FF Tactics vibes)
- Zelda Skyward Sword (never played it before)

I may pick up those Squaresoft remasters as I also have not played those before (Legend of Mana, SaGa Frontier)

I can understand the rage but I guess I just had tempered expectations.

Nothing can mitigate my disappointment whenever there's no Metroid showing. So that's out of the way. Four years in and no Metroid. Sucks, but we knew they had to start over.

Beyond that I thought it was good. Maybe it's just me, but Triangle Strategy looks and plays really good. I like the demo and I'm hoping they will tweak a couple things, mainly include more equipment. But the unique unit thing shows that they're making a tactics game but leaving out some of the generic stuff.

MH Rise looks great, looks more interesting than World and I actually like MHW.

Bravely Default II comes out next week. Hard for me to be angry about having a Switch right now.

But no Metroid...

I can understand the rage but I guess I just had tempered expectations.

Nothing can mitigate my disappointment whenever there's no Metroid showing. So that's out of the way. Four years in and no Metroid. Sucks, but we knew they had to start over.

Beyond that I thought it was good. Maybe it's just me, but Triangle Strategy looks and plays really good. I like the demo and I'm hoping they will tweak a couple things, mainly include more equipment. But the unique unit thing shows that they're making a tactics game but leaving out some of the generic stuff.

MH Rise looks great, looks more interesting than World and I actually like MHW.

Bravely Default II comes out next week. Hard for me to be angry about having a Switch right now.

But no Metroid...
I'm looking forward to Metroid but we know they had to start over. It's been 4 years since Breath of the Wild and they're making a straight sequel so it seems like it has to be close, at least enough for a proper trailer. I would have been happy with a Metroid Prime remaster but Skyward Sword is straight ass.

Skyward Sword HD is $60. Not a surprise from Nintendo and not that I was going to buy it if it was less but it's just the principle that pisses me off. They've all but burned up all of their good will with me. I loved BOTW, was really excited about my Switch for that first year or so but at this point it's become a doorstop. Same thing happened towards the end of the Wii life cycle and coincidentally Skyward Sword which caused me to skip the WiiU altogether and never even thought about getting one. I'm reaching that point again. Sick of their shit.

Damn, was hoping for Wind Waker and or Twilight Princess. Never played Skyward sword, but I heard it was ass, $60 price tag isn't helping. Would've easily paid that for the previously mentioned titles, but I'm not gonna lie, kind of scratching my head wondering why these Zelda games aren't bundled like the Mario titles.

Reactions: hsz
Damn, was hoping for Wind Waker and or Twilight Princess. Never played Skyward sword, but I heard it was ass, $60 price tag isn't helping. Would've easily paid that for the previously mentioned titles, but I'm not gonna lie, kind of scratching my head wondering why these Zelda games aren't bundled like the Mario titles.
Skyward Sword was indeed ass, easily the worst 3D Zelda game.

Skyward Sword HD is $60. Not a surprise from Nintendo and not that I was going to buy it if it was less but it's just the principle that pisses me off. They've all but burned up all of their good will with me. I loved BOTW, was really excited about my Switch for that first year or so but at this point it's become a doorstop. Same thing happened towards the end of the Wii life cycle and coincidentally Skyward Sword which caused me to skip the WiiU altogether and never even thought about getting one. I'm reaching that point again. Sick of their shit.
Im not fucking with that shit.

Ill just emulate the Zelda games in 4k with HD textures that run at high framerates. Ill buy non brand new Nintendo first party games, preowned, theyre not getting a dime for this shit.

Fighting Layer Ex - Another Dash announced for Switch

It's a separate game to the one that was released last year on PS4, PC and mobile.

If anyone liked the Street Fighter Ex series it's the developer who made those whose developed this game

Skyward Sword was indeed ass, easily the worst 3D Zelda game.

Skyward Sword is a good game as long as you aren't a spazz with the controls or spend the time to figure out things like the ability to buy stamina potions which mitigates the stamina issue, and upgrading your weapons and armor. The biggest issue it has is repetition in various forms, but spacing out your gameplay can make that a relative non-issue barring the Fi and item gathering announcements and not being able to skip dialog, which I'd assume they fixed for the remake. It has some of the most inventive puzzle elements in the series like the time shift puzzles, and the soul realm stages end up being like playing a horror game where you cannot attack, need to use stealth and get chased by ghosts and such. It's greatest strength aside from the sword combat is the story which is easily the best in a Zelda game.
I think SS not being part of a bundle is due to the fact that more work needed to be done on it for qol improvements, that and a bit of greed knowing many will pay the full $60 for it). I'd assume real 35th anniversary Zelda bundles could be WW HD and TP HD bundled together (but it wouldn't surprise me to see them at $40 each either) then the have 3DS and DS games like OoT's remake, MM's remake, Spirit Tracks, and Phantom Hourglass, The Oracle games, A Link Between Worlds, Tri-Force Heroes, Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventures on Gamecube is the only main console Zelda that has never seen a remake or re-release, Link's Crossbow training...; they have a bunch to pick from but I'd bet on OoT and MM at least getting 1080p 60fps up-renders in a bundle.

Back