No.1 B.S. post on sherdog by Josh Gross

It's not that bad of a take. Arguably has no real top 5 wins. Tony's shot, Lee loses to every top guy he faces, Chandler has no top 5 wins. Poirier is the current #1 LW because of beating Gaethje and Conor. Both of them.

Hooker was top 5 when Chandler beat him

A win over Chandler is better than a win over a shot 2021 Mcgregor

Only way to find out is for them to fight. Dustin-Conor 3 to 8 will be happening though.

I rank Porier and Gaethje ahead of Oliveira.

I put him at #1. Poirier recently went the distance with Hooker. Also in 2017 he won a Majority decision over Miller in a competitive (fotn). In 2018 Oliveira submitted Miller in rd 1.

Poirier’s top 5 LW wins

1. Justin Gaethje
2. Max Holloway
3. Conor McGregor
4. Eddie Alvarez
5. Dan Hooker

Oliveira’s top 5 LW wins

1. Michael Chandler
2. Tony Ferguson
3. Kevin Lee
4. David Teymur
5. Nik Lentz

Seems pretty clear looking at that Poirier has a significantly stronger resume. That doesn’t necessarily mean he beats Oliveira, but he’s far more proven in my eyes.

Yes he might be on to something but i dont mind as it could not have happened to a nicer guy love Do Bronx

It's not that bad of a take. Arguably has no real top 5 wins. Tony's shot, Lee loses to every top guy he faces, Chandler has no top 5 wins. Poirier is the current #1 LW because of beating Gaethje and Conor. Both of them.
I am Not surprised by the negative Nancies and pessimistic Pauls who ALWAYS find nit pocky reasons to bitch a moan about a fighter’s accomplishments.

you know, he even beat tony primarily on the ground, not in a stand up war, where i could see how Tony was “gun shy” after getting his poop pushed in by Justin.

Charles grapple f#ked tony, and beat tony at tony’s supposed best skills (grappling and bjj) and somehow that means tony was “washed up” coming off one loss and a crazy streak before that.

beats iron mike Chandler in a war, and still the nay sayers are not satisfied.

beats all time finish record, submission records, yet again, nay sayers have nothing but shit to say.

he will dinish Dustin and it will be “he beat a worn out dustin”

He will choke out Islam and it will be “islam was never that good”

He beat a prime kevin lee - “kevin lee was bot at his best”

You cant make this shit up

Poirier’s top 5 LW wins

1. Justin Gaethje
2. Max Holloway
3. Conor McGregor
4. Eddie Alvarez
5. Dan Hooker

Oliveira’s top 5 LW wins

1. Michael Chandler
2. Tony Ferguson
3. Kevin Lee
4. David Teymur
5. Nik Lentz

Seems pretty clear looking at that Poirier has a significantly stronger resume. That doesn’t necessarily mean he beats Oliveira, but he’s far more proven in my eyes.
Dustin wil never be undisputed champ. He is a solid gate keeper

Hooker was top 5 when Chandler beat him
#6 on sherdog. Referring to this site's ranking.

Point is, that's his only win against the current top 10. If proving one's rank means something.

I am Not surprised by the negative Nancies and pessimistic Pauls who ALWAYS find nit pocky reasons to bitch a moan about a fighter’s accomplishments.

you know, he even beat tony primarily on the ground, not in a stand up war, where i could see how Tony was “gun shy” after getting his poop pushed in by Justin.

Charles grapple f#ked tony, and beat tony at tony’s supposed best skills (grappling and bjj) and somehow that means tony was “washed up” coming off one loss and a crazy streak before that.

beats iron mike Chandler in a war, and still the nay sayers are not satisfied.

beats all time finish record, submission records, yet again, nay sayers have nothing but shit to say.

he will dinish Dustin and it will be “he beat a worn out dustin”

He will choke out Islam and it will be “islam was never that good”

He beat a prime kevin lee - “kevin lee was bot at his best”

You cant make this shit up

Why not talk about what's real instead of a forum narrative that's not real?

Islam and Dariush are current top 5 guys in ability. Tony, Conor, RDA, Felder, Hooker...these guys are on bad streaks. They haven't had a good win in a long ass time. While Islam and Dariush are on good streaks. But both lack a signature win, if we'd by now remove Tony from the contender race.

Last edited:
Connor has a single win at lightweight and it was back in 2016. Few months shy of 5 years ago

That makes him a top lightweight to you?
No. Lets try another way.

You get 1 point for beating Conor (even though beating him remains a lot outside of this board)
You get 8 points for beating Gaethje (even though beating him means less outside of this board)

9 points is better than 8.

#6 on sherdog. Referring to this site's ranking.

No one cares about sherdog's ranking and they barely update it. Also Tony was a top 5 win on sherdog so that destroys your own argument.

it's certainly not unreasonable to think he's not #1. but he's champ. that's what matters for now. people have to come to him. i do look at it as a mini tournament going on. we will see what his staying power is at the top,.

Connor has a single win at lightweight and it was back in 2016. Few months shy of 5 years ago

That makes him a top lightweight to you?
it's confusing when people want to pretend the cowboy fight didn't happen and is meaningless. i get that people want to downgrade a win over cowboy but it's silly to pretend it didn't happen.

No one cares about sherdog's ranking and they barely update it. Also Tony was a top 5 win on sherdog so that destroys your own argument.

Tony has been shot for a while. That is part of the argument.

it's confusing when people want to pretend the cowboy fight didn't happen and is meaningless. i get that people want to downgrade a win over cowboy but it's silly to pretend it didn't happen.

It did happen... At welterweight

they fought at 170. Not 155. Like the two Diaz fights

Connor is 7-0 as a UFC featherweight
1-2 as a lightweight
And 2-1 as a welterweight

I don’t see how that makes him a top Lightweight. His only Lightweight win was nearly 5 years ago now and two stoppage losses since then

Back