No Interest In Jiri/Alex 2

Agreed, I want to see Alex vs Ankalaev next, thats the fight that makes sense and also its a fresh matchup, they never fought before. Would be a good test for Alex because of the grappling.
Same. I’m a big Jiri fan, but a one fight win streak isn’t much. Meanwhile, Ank has been on a huge run.
Jiri vs Hill makes sense next. Ank vs Poatan.

Same. I’m a big Jiri fan, but a one fight win streak isn’t much. Meanwhile, Ank has been on a huge run.
Jiri vs Hill makes sense next. Ank vs Poatan.
Yup, I love those matchups that you said. I also have the rematch fatigue, far too many UFC title fights are rematches these days. Unless something hugely controversial happens like Sterling vs Yan.. I want to get away from constant rematches, plenty of other fresh contenders

It's a forgone conclusion that if Jiri uses his face as a defense for Alex's punches, he's going to sleep again and I just don't see the fight going any other way. Jiri gets pieced up in every fight and wins by pure will but you can't do that against an assassin like Pelaton.
💯 He got pieced up in the first fight. Or saw nothing that makes me think he'd present a challenge in a re-match.

Jiri was going to win first fight if he didnt get to greedy - He just had to be patient and not to force finish vs someone like Poatan... He will win in rematch.

+ Jiri was promised by title shot if he finishes Rakič and it was Jiri's last fight on actual contract... They will negotatiate about new one now and i bet that he will want things which they promised before he signs.
It was clear in the first fight that Jiri had no path to victory. He got his ass kicked badly.

Agreed. Jiri showed no defensive improvement to make it seem Alex wouldn’t just put him to sleep again with ease.

I want to see Alex vs a legitimate wrestler while he’s still in his prime.

I'd watch a rematch, but also he has to eliminate Ankalaev for it or wait until he's the best option. Too many guys get a chance to win a fight after losing title and get another one right away. If no other contender, sure.

If I am Jiri, I wait and hope Ankalaev can grapple Perreira. Ankalaev is a fumbler and Jiris whole game is throwing banana peels at peoples feet while they beat him up 👍

That being said Ank probanly fumbles his way into being subbed by a Perreira guillotine or something.

It was clear in the first fight that Jiri had no path to victory. He got his ass kicked badly.
Had no path to victory? He was winning until he closed distance cuz he wanted force finish and got countered.... Also he rocked Pereira atleast twice before that counter and controlled him on ground aswell... Jiri have more than just one path to win and even dominate Pereira.

I'm ok with Jiri getting another crack at it but I think Ankalaev should be next. Everybody wants to see Poatan vs a grappler and that's the fight to make, plus they can get it done and over with pretty quickly. Alex is ready to fight again now.

This.

Back