Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion -- 2021 and Beyond

A Trend I have been smashing.. knicks first half its 48-20-1 on the year. Knicks against the spread in general have been a great bet also.

Tibs got them to buy in defensively. They pretty much never are blown out because of that. He was a great hire. And D Rose has found his second life, really provides them much needed scoring off the bench.

Tibs got them to buy in defensively. They pretty much never are blown out because of that. He was a great hire. And D Rose has found his second life, really provides them much needed scoring off the bench.

Yep for sure it’s nice to see them back in the playoffs for the first time since 2013. Rj barrett has improved also and they get great defense from bullock and Noel. It’s amazing the turnaround that Julius randle has made he’s a completely different player.

Yep for sure it’s nice to see them back in the playoffs for the first time since 2013. Rj barrett has improved also and they get great defense from bullock and Noel. It’s amazing the turnaround that Julius randle has made he’s a completely different player.

Honestly, you could see the talent that Randle had in LA when he was there but they always seemed to shackle him a bit. What he got there for stats generally was just in the flow of the game. They didn't run a lot of sets for him. Same as with the Knicks previously. Tibs figured out how effective they can be offensively running the offense through Randle on a lot of possessions.

That's kind of the blessing of having a team that's maybe a little challenged offensively when it comes to real standout players who can score on their own. Meaning there isn't a question who the most talented offensive player is, so everyone is on the same page when it comes to who the plays get called for. Barrett is a nice young player, but he's a fraction of the talent Randle is offensively. Other teams with multiple star offensive players have to learn to mesh and share the ball. The Knicks really don't (at least not as much). It's Randle and everyone else.

With Rose asserting himself more, he's perfect to come off the bench and be the offensive catalyst when Randle is sitting.

They aren't a championship level contender, but they've improved a ton.

That is how it's SUPPOSED TO GO. Stayed in the money the whole game, and almost won outright.

NBA May 13, 2021 -- Playoff Prep

During playoff prep, many teams are resting starters, so there are quite a few opportunities for favorites to not cover the spread, and to sometimes lose outright. The following are predictions based on the aforementioned criteria:

CHR +8
MIA +1.5
MIA moneyline
SAC +7.5

MIN moneyline
MIN +6

POR +5.5

Okay. A middling result, but still positive.

NBA May 14, 2021 -- Playoff Prep Finale

During playoff prep, many teams are resting starters, so there are quite a few opportunities for favorites to not cover the spread, and to sometimes lose outright. The following are predictions based on the aforementioned criteria:

This is the last day for this set of critieria.

And, we have NO available plays that fit the criteria. NONE. ZERO. Expect some serious clown shows for the last regular season games.

Honestly, you could see the talent that Randle had in LA when he was there but they always seemed to shackle him a bit. What he got there for stats generally was just in the flow of the game. They didn't run a lot of sets for him. Same as with the Knicks previously. Tibs figured out how effective they can be offensively running the offense through Randle on a lot of possessions.

That's kind of the blessing of having a team that's maybe a little challenged offensively when it comes to real standout players who can score on their own. Meaning there isn't a question who the most talented offensive player is, so everyone is on the same page when it comes to who the plays get called for. Barrett is a nice young player, but he's a fraction of the talent Randle is offensively. Other teams with multiple star offensive players have to learn to mesh and share the ball. The Knicks really don't (at least not as much). It's Randle and everyone else.

With Rose asserting himself more, he's perfect to come off the bench and be the offensive catalyst when Randle is sitting.

They aren't a championship level contender, but they've improved a ton.

yep absolutely and they are a dangerous team because they can hit the 3 play hard defense all game and have a few different guys in rose, Randle and burks who can take over late in the game. Quickly can also get hot from behind the arc. They definitely need another superstar to be a title contender but for the first time In a Long time they are in the playoffs and don’t have massive contracts weighing them down. It’s exciting can’t wait to get back to the garden next year.

NBA Playoffs 2021

I just bet my wad on the Memphis Grizzlies to boost the bankroll.

MEM are a four-point favorite, but don't be surprised if this matchup yields a double-digit margin of victory. I love these spots when they come up.

Last edited:
NBA Playoffs 2021

I just bet my wad on the Memphis Grizzlies to boost the bankroll.

MEM are a four-point favorite, but don't be surprised if this matchup yield a double-digit margin of victory. I love these spots when they come up.

I like it. Memphis is far more talented and deep and they're at home. Pop is a legendary coach so you never know what he might come up with as a wrinkle to keep San Antonio in it, but Memphis really is better. Valencunius should absolutely dominate Poeltl in the post too.

Man @Black Paladin that's a shitty push. Memphis just had a brutal 2nd quarter after jumping ahead by 20. Then pushed the lead out again but let the Spurs hang around. And STILL should have covered but missed multiple free throws down the stretch.

It's not a loss but wow...that should have been probably an 8-9 point win for the Grizzlies.

Had Memphis ml tonight and the spurs just wouldn’t go away. Ja was choking at the line down the stretch.

Loving Knicks -120 series price, blazers +110. Also have a futures from December nets to win east +200.

Man @Black Paladin that's a shitty push. Memphis just had a brutal 2nd quarter after jumping ahead by 20. Then pushed the lead out again but let the Spurs hang around. And STILL should have covered but missed multiple free throws down the stretch.

It's not a loss but wow...that should have been probably an 8-9 point win for the Grizzlies.

I had the moneyline. It's definitely not a loss ( :) )

I was disappointed that they didn't keep their foot on the Spurs' neck. They will NOT go far in the playoffs underperforming like that.

I love doing future wagers since I live in Vegas now I bet 25$ on the knicks b4 the season sstarted to win the finals for a 15k pay out prob wont hit but gotta hope

@mkess101

You and several others know a LOT about NBA, based on the level of your analysis you have posted previously. Please post your thoughts more during the playoffs.

@mkess101

You and several others know a LOT about NBA, based on the level of your analysis you have posted previously. Please post your thoughts more during the playoffs.

Will do.

The biggest thing with the playoffs is that the teams that execute best in the half court seem to win and move on. Transition scoring drops, because (and it seems ridiculous to say this about professional athletes) guys stop being lazy about getting back and being in correct defensive position.

There will of course be ebbs and flows in most series, but my very early initial thoughts are that i think there's 3 teams with a good shot to come out of the west. Utah (I'm assuming they get Mitchell back and he makes an impact after a couple games to shake the rust). The Clippers, or the Lakers. I just can't trust Phoenix I don't think.

In the east, realistically you have Philly if Embiid stays healthy, Milwaukee (Holiday is a big upgrade over Bledsoe who I think held them back in the playoffs the last couple years), and of course Brooklyn. The Nets are the favorite with those 3 stars, will just depend on how well they mesh since they haven't actually all played together much this year with injuries and Covid protocols.

So Far I got 4 future wagers on MLB teams to win World Series I only take Long shots not trying to bet 25 or 50$ and have to wait a yr to get 400$ back lol

Mariners+19000
Reds+10000
Red Sox+3000
Cubs+12500

I usually try and do 2 25$ wagers weekly1 from the AL 1 from the NL sometimes I just forget or am just like na why be an idiot this shit aint gonna win but so far got 4 teams I like doubling down a lot as well. Like for the NFL last yr I think I had 4 different bet on the redskins to win it all LOL like 2 on the panthers some shit like that. But we will see

So Far I got 4 future wagers on MLB teams to win World Series I only take Long shots not trying to bet 25 or 50$ and have to wait a yr to get 400$ back lol

Mariners+19000
Reds+10000
Red Sox+3000
Cubs+12500

I usually try and do 2 25$ wagers weekly1 from the AL 1 from the NL sometimes I just forget or am just like na why be an idiot this shit aint gonna win but so far got 4 teams I like doubling down a lot as well. Like for the NFL last yr I think I had 4 different bet on the redskins to win it all LOL like 2 on the panthers some shit like that. But we will see

Not sure the odds but Brewers are worth a look. They suck offensively but they have 3 absolute hammers at the top of their rotation and probably the most dominant closer in MLB. In the playoffs runs start to come at a premium because with the schedule teams aren't using their back end starting pitchers as much (extra days off means the top of the rotation guys can pitch more and still get normal rest).

Brewers have Burns, Woodruff, and Peralta that would pitch most of their playoff games if they make it (and nobody is that great in the NL Central).

Just a thought, albeit from a Brewer homer haha.

Not sure the odds but Brewers are worth a look. They suck offensively but they have 3 absolute hammers at the top of their rotation and probably the most dominant closer in MLB. In the playoffs runs start to come at a premium because with the schedule teams aren't using their back end starting pitchers as much (extra days off means the top of the rotation guys can pitch more and still get normal rest).

Brewers have Burns, Woodruff, and Peralta that would pitch most of their playoff games if they make it (and nobody is that great in the NL Central).

Just a thought, albeit from a Brewer homer haha.

Burnes from my hometown so I was thinking about that lol. But what I do is weekly or whenever I feel like placing a dumb ass future wager that never hits take the top 2 teams in each division so for example right now red sox, Rays, White sox, Indians, A's, Astros then any team in that conference that is less then 1 game behind. At this moment later on in the season it might be 3 games idk and then the team with the highest odds put 25$ on them lol.

Brewers are +2200 now

Like my dumb ass future golf wagers that I alwalys do I have hit a couple b4 but its been a while. PGA Championship just started. And I dont know a dam thing about golf but I have 5 golfers to start the tourney

Keegan Bradley-16$ to win 1296
Ryan Palmer-21$ to win 3801
Matthew Fitzpatrick-21 to win 1386
Paul Casey- 21 to win 1176
Joaqin Nieman- 21 to win 1386

I usually pick 4 golfers for 25$ each but the machine wouldnt let me place a 25$ wager stupid I know and then depending on how they look if any of them are within 3 strokes of the lead after the 1st rd double down on them for 50$ to start rd 2 if not take 4 more golfers within 3 strokes with the worse odds to win for 25$

Burnes from my hometown so I was thinking about that lol. But what I do is weekly or whenever I feel like placing a dumb ass future wager that never hits take the top 2 teams in each division so for example right now red sox, Rays, White sox, Indians, A's, Astros then any team in that conference that is less then 1 game behind. At this moment later on in the season it might be 3 games idk and then the team with the highest odds put 25$ on them lol.

Brewers are +2200 now

Ahh ok.

+2200...IDK. Not awful but not great.

Burns is nasty as hell.

Back