Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion -- 2021 and Beyond

Ahh ok.

+2200...IDK. Not awful but not great.

Burns is nasty as hell.

Ya my hometown has nothing but greats from there.

Best pitcher-Corbin Burnes
Best QB- Derek Carr
Best Nascar-Kevin Harvick Casey Mears
Best defensive end ever- Joey Porter
Best country singer ever- Bucks Owens Merle Haggard( I dont listen to country)
Biggest NFL Bust ever- David Carr
12th Overall Pick outta pick outta my high school straight into the NBA last yr they allowed NBA players outta high school 2004 Robert Swift

And then the Greatest MMA Gambler of course me

Will do.

The biggest thing with the playoffs is that the teams that execute best in the half court seem to win and move on. Transition scoring drops, because (and it seems ridiculous to say this about professional athletes) guys stop being lazy about getting back and being in correct defensive position.

There will of course be ebbs and flows in most series, but my very early initial thoughts are that i think there's 3 teams with a good shot to come out of the west. Utah (I'm assuming they get Mitchell back and he makes an impact after a couple games to shake the rust). The Clippers, or the Lakers. I just can't trust Phoenix I don't think.

In the east, realistically you have Philly if Embiid stays healthy, Milwaukee (Holiday is a big upgrade over Bledsoe who I think held them back in the playoffs the last couple years), and of course Brooklyn. The Nets are the favorite with those 3 stars, will just depend on how well they mesh since they haven't actually all played together much this year with injuries and Covid protocols.
Nice recap,I agree with everything.Just to add my 5 cents,Clippers against Dallas are a lock,they are better than last year and even for them it would be an epic fail to lose to the Mavericks.Phila's got it open to the conference finals,but if Nets three is healthy can't see anyone beating them.Bucks should win against Miami this time,their better than last year like you said and Miami is worse losing Leonard and Crowder and being plagued by injuries through season.Phoenix is a good match up for the Lakers and the odds on the Lakers went up from 1,33 to 1,66 on bet365,their worth playing now.I parlayed Clippers,Bucks,Nets and Lakers to win series.

Last edited:
I only checked bNo teack the last 10 yrs so not to much of a history but no team in the past 10 yrs has won the finals not ranked in top 13 in scoring so that knocks out.

PHI
Bost
Mavs
Lakers
Heat
Knicks

No team ranked outside the top 20 in defense has won the finals that knocks out
Nets
Bucks
Blazerz
Pacers
Wizards

So if history repeats it self then that leaves Only

Hawks
Jazz
Suns
Nuggets
Clippers

Who can win it all

Like my dumb ass future golf wagers that I alwalys do I have hit a couple b4 but its been a while. PGA Championship just started. And I dont know a dam thing about golf but I have 5 golfers to start the tourney

Keegan Bradley-16$ to win 1296
Ryan Palmer-21$ to win 3801
Matthew Fitzpatrick-21 to win 1386
Paul Casey- 21 to win 1176
Joaqin Nieman- 21 to win 1386

I usually pick 4 golfers for 25$ each but the machine wouldnt let me place a 25$ wager stupid I know and then depending on how they look if any of them are within 3 strokes of the lead after the 1st rd double down on them for 50$ to start rd 2 if not take 4 more golfers within 3 strokes with the worse odds to win for 25$

Not a bad day for golf not great but Im still in the running

Bradley-Tied for 2nd 2 strokes back
Casey-Tied 16th 4 strokes back
Nieman- Tied 16th 4 strokes back
Fitzpatrick- Tied 41st 6 strokes back
Palmer- Tied 62nd 7 strokes back

After rd 1 looks like all my golfers should make the cut. RD 2 betting havent placed them yet but for sure will double down on bradley for 50$ to win current odds+1700. Will also lay down another 2 25$ bets most likely on mickelson+8200 and Streelman+6600

I only checked bNo teack the last 10 yrs so not to much of a history but no team in the past 10 yrs has won the finals not ranked in top 13 in scoring so that knocks out.

PHI
Bost
Mavs
Lakers
Heat
Knicks

No team ranked outside the top 20 in defense has won the finals that knocks out
Nets
Bucks
Blazerz
Pacers
Wizards

So if history repeats it self then that leaves Only

Hawks
Jazz
Suns
Nuggets
Clippers

Who can win it all

true on the nets but they have a historically good offense so defense may not matter too much.

Locked in on warriors tonight -165, Knicks game 1 -110 and series -120. Portland series +110, Randle o 24,5 game 1, nets win east +200, free bet hedge phllly to win the east +300.

Like my dumb ass future golf wagers that I alwalys do I have hit a couple b4 but its been a while. PGA Championship just started. And I dont know a dam thing about golf but I have 5 golfers to start the tourney

Keegan Bradley-16$ to win 1296
Ryan Palmer-21$ to win 3801
Matthew Fitzpatrick-21 to win 1386
Paul Casey- 21 to win 1176
Joaqin Nieman- 21 to win 1386

I usually pick 4 golfers for 25$ each but the machine wouldnt let me place a 25$ wager stupid I know and then depending on how they look if any of them are within 3 strokes of the lead after the 1st rd double down on them for 50$ to start rd 2 if not take 4 more golfers within 3 strokes with the worse odds to win for 25$

I doubled down on Bradley-50$+2000
25$ Horsefield+5000
25$ on Cameron Davis+5000

This will prob be the last rd of winner betting for me unless I like the lines at the end of the rd

Got Portland live last night +132 and the nets live. Going w the Suns today -143 and the Knicks to close a massive parlay w the nets game 1

Bet365 has now Lakers as dogs against suns(1,95) to win series,but still as favorites to win the western conference(3,00 while PHX is 7) LMAO

Milwaukee Bucks tonight is the play. -180

As a Bucks fan, I hope you cash that thing easy man!

Jrue Holiday needs to stay aggressive and not defer to Giannis and Middleton as much as he does. Jrue has been a ridiculously underrated player for years. He needs to leave his mark on every game.

Lakers at plus money in this series is insane to me. I’m an LAL homer admittedly but fuck I’m hitting that pretty hard.

As a Bucks fan, I hope you cash that thing easy man!

Jrue Holiday needs to stay aggressive and not defer to Giannis and Middleton as much as he does. Jrue has been a ridiculously underrated player for years. He needs to leave his mark on every game.

Thanks for the well-wishings.

I am going to look into doing more alternate lines when I have a strong play. I'm leaving 10-20% or more on the table in some cases.

Lakers at plus money in this series is insane to me. I’m an LAL homer admittedly but fuck I’m hitting that pretty hard.
I hit em hard in early season to win the conference and have them to win the series too,but after GSW and game 1 I'm not that confident anymore...AD and Lebron look like their not on 100% and the team doesn't seem in tune.Hope is just that game 1 feel out for Lebron,can't wait for game 2,it's gonna answer a lot of questions

I do a lot of future wagers not for much money but I bet Knicks like 5 games into the season to win finals if they win it I win 25k from a 50$ bet

I hit em hard in early season to win the conference and have them to win the series too,but after GSW and game 1 I'm not that confident anymore...AD and Lebron look like their not on 100% and the team doesn't seem in tune.Hope is just that game 1 feel out for Lebron,can't wait for game 2,it's gonna answer a lot of questions
Agree w all of it. Lakers were destined to lose
game 1 though. They aren’t losing this series.

Lakers -125, clippers -6

The Clippers once again underperform. I swear there is something with that uniform. Kawai Leonard, arguably among the best winners the sport has ever seen (wins championships in San Antonio then goes to Toronto and takes a very good but not overwhelming team to the title) goes to the Clippers and now they're on the verge of flaming out early again.

The west is a giant crapshoot right now. Lakers **probably** beat the Suns...but not a lock. Dallas has the Clippers on the ropes. Memphis takes game 1 vs Utah (albeit no Mitchell and he's back now).

East is mostly going as expected, West is weird so far.

The Clippers once again underperform. I swear there is something with that uniform. Kawai Leonard, arguably among the best winners the sport has ever seen (wins championships in San Antonio then goes to Toronto and takes a very good but not overwhelming team to the title) goes to the Clippers and now they're on the verge of flaming out early again.

The west is a giant crapshoot right now. Lakers **probably** beat the Suns...but not a lock. Dallas has the Clippers on the ropes. Memphis takes game 1 vs Utah (albeit no Mitchell and he's back now).

East is mostly going as expected, West is weird so far.

clippers are so Baffling Leonard went off and George had a great game and they still lose. Even if they get by this series it appears it will take at least 7 unless they can somehow turn it around in dallas and tie it up they will be pretty tired for the next round. The Suns lakers series is going to get interesting especially with this Paul shoulder injury.

As far as the east goes it seems to be a 3 way race between Philly Brooklyn and milwaulkee although I would be pretty suprised if someone can take out Brooklyn.

for tonight I’m on the Knicks -125 to even this bad boy up. Just be aware it’s a slightly bias homer play haha.

Last edited:
clippers are so Baffling Leonard went off and George had a great game and they still lose. Even if they get by this series it appears it will take at least 7 unless they can somehow turn it around in dallas and tie it up they will be pretty tired for the next round. The Suns lakers series is going to get interesting especially with this Paul shoulder injury.

As far as the east goes it seems to be a 3 way race between Philly Brooklyn and milwaulkee although I would be pretty suprised if someone can take out Brooklyn.

for tonight I’m on the Knicks -125 to even this bad boy up. Just be aware it’s a slightly bias homer play haha.

I don't know what to think of that Knicks/Hawks game 1. Knicks started out like hot trash, Randle couldn't make anything. Then they find themselves and come back, Burks gets super hot off the bench. Then it was almost like they eased up once they took the lead, IDK--like they should have won but just kinda let it slip away. How that translates to game 2...no clue. Gun to my head I think the Knicks clamp down defensively and grind out a win but Atlanta when healthy is pretty dynamic offensively. Young really breaks defenses down, Bogdanovich has been great the second half, Capella gets them a lot of 2nd chance points and Collins is an above average front court scorer.

I'm a Bucks homer, I don't know how much I like their chances with Brooklyn assuming both advance (which it looks like will happen). The problem with the Bucks is that they can't run their offense late in games through their best player because of his free throw issues. Middleton is great at the end of games, Holiday can be too...but in a series which will likely have multiple games come down to the wire it's hard to go against Durant-Harden-Irving as closers. All 3 can get their own shot about as easily as anyone in the league. You can't double any of them. And they all are terrific free throw shooters if you foul them. For the Bucks to win they are really just going to have to straight outscore them. They will need a couple games where role players are just red hot like Monday night. Forbes, Divincenzo, Connaughton, etc. If those guys just go bonkers from deep they'll beat anyone. Of course Harris did the same for Brooklyn last night haha so...

Back