Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion -- 2021 and Beyond

I'll take a little stab at Argentina +8.5 at +105(2.05).This ain't Spain from few years ago,I think Slovenia with Luka beats them and should be a better match up for Argentina,can see a close game

Didn't pass,+10 Spain.Spain is mediocre,if Slovenia is at +odds against them I'll play em strong,but Argentina is such a disapointment,they play like shit

@Ryan Kelly

Thoughts on McKeon to win the women's 50? I bet her at +185. She's the favorite, albeit in I guess what's a fairly wide open field. She's far from a lock but at almost 2-1 seems like value?

@Ryan Kelly

Thoughts on McKeon to win the women's 50? I bet her at +185. She's the favorite, albeit in I guess what's a fairly wide open field. She's far from a lock but at almost 2-1 seems like value?
Looks pfg to me. Wish I was on it too. Whiffed on MA pretty badly. So crazy that he’s always under WR at 150 and then just dies coming home.

Looks pfg to me. Wish I was on it too. Whiffed on MA pretty badly. So crazy that he’s always under WR at 150 and then just dies coming home.

His last 50 free is brutal. He doesn't even need to be good. Hell he doesn't even need to be average. He just needs to not look like a mediocre high school swimmer on it. His first 150 is amazing and then he absolutely drowns LOL.

I missed on that too but still way ahead for the swim events.

His last 50 free is brutal. He doesn't even need to be good. Hell he doesn't even need to be average. He just needs to not look like a mediocre high school swimmer on it. His first 150 is amazing and then he absolutely drowns LOL.

I missed on that too but still way ahead for the swim events.
Ledecky’s last 50 in the mile was .74 faster than andrew’s free leg on the 200 IM.

Nice call Mike. You’re killing these swimming bets. Too bad we get to do this only once every 4 years

Sports betting LMAO. Yeah I have a daughter that's a pretty good competitive swimmer but aside from that I really know nothing about the sport.

Meanwhile I trained for 6+ years and had a couple pro fights. Cornered guys for almost 3 years. I feel like I have a ton of knowledge about MMA

Yet my success on these swimming bets is way better (albeit in a tiny sample size) than my MMA bets.

**Shrug**

I see that some bookies have WWE summerslam matches in offer.I quit following wrestling years ago,but I'm surprised a bit that they have offer on fixed matches,isn't there a posabillity that stuff leaks out,anyone familiar with it?

I see that some bookies have WWE summerslam matches in offer.I quit following wrestling years ago,but I'm surprised a bit that they have offer on fixed matches,isn't there a posabillity that stuff leaks out,anyone familiar with it?

From what I remember, when they first started offering bets years ago, some insiders who knew for sure how the individual matches were booked bet on them. It's hard to fault them. :-/

I think that it's also just as easy for FALSE rumors to get planted about how the match is booked, so there's that to think about.

I leave those things alone.

Same as any entertainment betting. You can bet tv shows, awards like oscars etc.
I found huge value in wrestling betting but sometimes it seems like they purposely book things to either fuck with betting people or just to try to be surprising. Even if these choices were to hurt the business in the long term.
In general though the general rule is to bet on people who you think they (the promoter) are high on and not pay too close of attention to rumors.

@TrueAscension Football season is coming up and I know how you like betting NFL im thinking about entering 3- 1,000$ entries into the Circa 6 million dollar pickem where each week you pick a team to win and then you cant pick that team again along with 3-1k entries into the NFL spread thing where each week you pick 5 teams to win against the spread and the person with the most wins win at the end of the yr. Last yr The NFL pick 1 team thing had 35 winners tied with 0 losses so each person got like 85k lol rip off. but any insight on how to play the single game shit? Have you ever entered a competition like this?

@TrueAscension Football season is coming up and I know how you like betting NFL im thinking about entering 3- 1,000$ entries into the Circa 6 million dollar pickem where each week you pick a team to win and then you cant pick that team again along with 3-1k entries into the NFL spread thing where each week you pick 5 teams to win against the spread and the person with the most wins win at the end of the yr. Last yr The NFL pick 1 team thing had 35 winners tied with 0 losses so each person got like 85k lol rip off. but any insight on how to play the single game shit? Have you ever entered a competition like this?

Every year. My pool had several winners last year too but they had a rule where the person who picked the winners with the most collective losses (the riskiest picks) won the whole shebang. Almost half a million.

Every year. My pool had several winners last year too but they had a rule where the person who picked the winners with the most collective losses (the riskiest picks) won the whole shebang. Almost half a million.

Dam ok do you do multiple entries or just 1? Do you usually try to pick the biggest fav of the week or what?

Dam ok do you do multiple entries or just 1? Do you usually try to pick the biggest fav of the week or what?

You have to balance looking ahead at the schedule with being confident in your weekly pick. With so many entries, you have to plan to pretty much go the whole year without losing. My view is only pick road teams when they are just eons better than the home team, look for sneaky plays where maybe an average team is at home vs a bad team and is a touchdown favorite, and pay super close attention to injuries. You'll generally see it reflected in point spreads, especially with QB's.

Perfect example would be like if say a middle of the road team like the Raiders were without Carr on a given week and were playing on the road vs a decent team like maybe Arizona or San Diego. The point spread would reflect it, but it's a good chance to get almost a sure win from a middle of the road team and save the power teams for other weeks.

Just my 2 cents.

You have to balance looking ahead at the schedule with being confident in your weekly pick. With so many entries, you have to plan to pretty much go the whole year without losing. My view is only pick road teams when they are just eons better than the home team, look for sneaky plays where maybe an average team is at home vs a bad team and is a touchdown favorite, and pay super close attention to injuries. You'll generally see it reflected in point spreads, especially with QB's.

Perfect example would be like if say a middle of the road team like the Raiders were without Carr on a given week and were playing on the road vs a decent team like maybe Arizona or San Diego. The point spread would reflect it, but it's a good chance to get almost a sure win from a middle of the road team and save the power teams for other weeks.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks ya man I think ill end up doing better in the spread won still wont win lol but if I enter each contest 3 times hoping to at least place in 1 of them lol. You said I wont win yea Obviously I want to win but my main goal is hey is I put down 6k for 6 entries let me at least get half back lol. But If I dont make anything back fuck it. And I strongly believe in hedging so whatever 3 teams I pick to win each week Ill bet the other team spread wise for like 100$ or whatever LOL might be able to double scoop

Just my 2 cents.

Carr from my hometown my mom used to wait on his mom all the time. My buddy who owns a pool company built David Carr's pool

Back