Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - December, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@iGnP

Any strong leans on the bowl games today? College FB cut into my profit yesterday, hoping today is better on that front. I was leaning Pitt -4.5 as Northwestern was way less than impressive the couple of partial games I saw them this year, but that didn't work out very well with Minn yesterday LOL.
I bet Northwestern, Utah, and West Virginia all ATS. Strongest lean is prob WVU

Tailed you guys with a live bet on lakers +6 at -120 too. Good stuff.

iGNP what was your reasoning for betting those lines if you don't mind? So far I was only looking at bucks +6 and maybe nets covering.
Raptors are rated pretty highly in both offensive and defensive efficiency. Plus they've played the Warriors pretty tightly in recent meetings. I don't see why the spread should be so high

Bulls aren't good enough to be 10 point favorites over any team w their terrible bench.

Wolves are on a roll. Nuggets aren't a good team. Four points seems like a lot.

The one bet out of the group that worries me the most is TOR as I feel like it could be a trap asking for people to bet on the Raptors only to have the Warriors destroy them

I bet Northwestern, Utah, and West Virginia all ATS. Strongest lean is prob WVU

WVU is +3 now and at +105. Was thinking of betting their ML earlier at +125, glad I waited. I'll take the 3 pts at + odds instead for sure.

Rationale on NW? I don't know much about Pitt but what I saw of NW this year they looked pretty bad.

WVU is +3 now and at +105. Was thinking of betting their ML earlier at +125, glad I waited. I'll take the 3 pts at + odds instead for sure.

Rationale on NW? I don't know much about Pitt but what I saw of NW this year they looked pretty bad.
Pit is good offensively but their defense is crap. NW can throw the ball. Prob gonna be a shoot out (total is 66, duh) and id rather take the points. maybe would have been smarter to just take the ML but meh whatever i play all of these small anyway

Pit is good offensively but their defense is crap. NW can throw the ball. Prob gonna be a shoot out (total is 66, duh) and id rather take the points. maybe would have been smarter to just take the ML but meh whatever i play all of these small anyway

Yeah I'm going really small too. I just decided to do NW team total o30.5 at +107. Something for a little action, just .3u.

I ended up buying out my +220 action on Utah yesterday. Took all the potential winnings & put it on the lakers for what I though was a pretty good return. I was 1 u to win 2.2 on Utah straight, and turned it into 0 to win 4.3 units after buying the round robin out. Pretty happy with the play overall, and still ended up winning on my live +6 Lakers play.

I'm on West Virginia +3 for 0.8 units

Seriously, we're playing with house money at this point, big time .. Minnesota, too, to a lesser extent. Columbus is paying my freakin rent lol
Anything in the NHL look good today?

Added Plays:
Pistons -3 for 1.1u
Magic +4 for 1.1u

Added Plays:
Pistons -3 for 1.1u
Magic +4 for 1.1u

with you on detroit, i think the ml is playable.

i know nothing about college football but tailed on pittsburgh ml + galatasalray (soccer). yeehaw.

with you on detroit, i think the ml is playable.

i know nothing about college football but tailed on pittsburgh ml + galatasalray (soccer). yeehaw.
not sure if you were tailing me but im on NW, not Pit ;)

too much juice for the detroit ML, if they win the game straight out, they prob cover the spread in the process. no point in taking money out of your pocket, especially with a small spread

damnit im finding value in a lot of games but i dont wanna bet this many. leaning Pacers +5 but idk

Anything in the NHL look good today?

pit is my only lean outside of the flyers game. but not tail worthy. they were -160 when i bet them for 1.6u. not a strong play.

i will say, as a flyers nut, i'm worried about this game in STL, tho. but do w/that what you will.

@mkess101 lol let's talk hedging

i have NW +4.5. They're currently up 4. 2H line is Pit -4. If I take Pit -4 2H, I middle if Pit wins by 1, 2, 3, or 4. More importantly, if Pit comes out and scores a td, it falls within that range. But NW has pretty much dominated the game other than allowing the long passing TD. what u think

@mkess101 lol let's talk hedging

i have NW +4.5. They're currently up 4. 2H line is Pit -4. If I take Pit -4 2H, I middle if Pit wins by 1, 2, 3, or 4. More importantly, if Pit comes out and scores a td, it falls within that range. But NW has pretty much dominated the game other than allowing the long passing TD. what u think

Dude sorry I was at the movies. I checked my phone a couple times but I didn't even see this. Looks like whether you hedged or not, it's still up in the air if it was the right choice NW just went back ahead with a little over 8 minutes to go.

Gonna go with @iGnP on the Nets +9.5. Too many pts for a Bulls team that's so inconsistent even against a piss poor team like Brooklyn.

I'm also gonna lay the pts with New Orleans, -4.5 vs LAC. I know New Orleans isn't good but FFS Paul is doubtful tonight so most likely not playing. If they can't cover a small spread vs this LAC group, ugh.

Dude sorry I was at the movies. I checked my phone a couple times but I didn't even see this. Looks like whether you hedged or not, it's still up in the air if it was the right choice NW just went back ahead with a little over 8 minutes to go.
All good. No response so I didn't hedge which was the right decision in the end :)

NBA Wednesday

2u on Pacers +6.5
2u on Knicks +6
2u on Nets +11.5
2u on Pelicans -3

1u on Bucks +5

Hoping to continue a solid streak into today.

EDIT: CP3 is in fact playing?!! There goes my Pelicans bet smh.

Last edited:
WTF I got a bet in earlier on the Pelicans but decided I really like the play and wanted to add more. 5d has a ML for them -200 but point spread right now. Paul and Reddick are pretty much ruled out, not sure what the deal is with no spread?

Edit: FML Paul is gonna play after all. Well, glad I didn't get to add I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back