1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February 2016

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Rawex, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cs10 Blue Belt

Betting Tampa -1.5 against the leafs tonight for all the usual reasons, Toronto bare bones crew, also looks like their calling up goalie from the minors to make the start.

2. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

@Slohog I tailed you on all your plays. Thanks for posting and bol to us

3. Starkaine Green Belt

Alliance is a great bet here, having a very strong group showing and the patch generally works in their favor

I also really like OG going against Secret, Secret unfortunately hasn't played well at all lately.

Also for the lower bracket I am feeling strongly towards Newbee, didn't get to watch all their series but watched them versus LGD, while they didn't have the best showing they certainly look better than Newbee, I see them taking that game relatively easy

Looks to be a relatively solid tourney to bet with a couple very clear cut favorites.

I also love VP going against VG, they have indeed looked awful and losing 0-2 to Team Spirit is a clear indication that they will not last in the tourney.

Who do you have making the finals?

I see it being Alliance vs EG/MVP
    With this patch Alliance should have no problem running through the tournament.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  4. Rawex -

I am going with Tampa, Rangers and Penguins in regulation singles.

5. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

GUYS, if any of your bookies have NOT Hillary Clinton Okhlahoma or Bernie Sanders wins Okhlahoma (Same thing. This is politics, btw) +200 or better, bet that shit. A new poll shows he's up by 5 points and news came out that Okhlahoma is letting independent voters vote in the Democratic primary but not the Republican primary. This helps Bernie Sanders even more. I was able to get Bernie Sanders +260 on BetOnline. This is not a lock, but the line is really wrong here. People are late to react. It should be like -150/-200. The primary is tomorrow

DON'T MOVE THIS TO THE POLITICS THREAD OR NONE OF YOU WILL SEE IT

6. KP6982 White Belt

Followed these threads for a long while now and never really thanked you guys or contributed but 538 polls+ forecast gives Bernie an 83% chance of winning there. Bovada (lol) has Bernie at +350.

7. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

They don't fucking accept my state anymore. Nice catch! I'm still beyond happy with +260. BetOnline Was the only bookie of mine that had the line up anyway. This also proves the point that it is always good to have more than 1 bookie. I only have 3, and BetOnline is by far the one I use the least. However, it comes through in the clutch as the only one with the line up!

By the way, the 538 polls % predicition aren't too accurate. With that said, Bernie is def the favorite now

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  8. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

BetOnline took the line down. They better fucking honor my bet. That was not a line error or anything like that.

Check Bovada and Euro books for the line. BM, 5d, and BetOnline do not have it

9. Slohog Green Belt

Yea, I really think I'm on point with these. If they actually hit decently I'll keep posting stuff.

I'm guessing A vs EG or OG in the finals. I have some reservations about MVP's style against the top ~3 teams and would've given them a much higher chance if there wasn't a two day break. I think S4, Fly and PPD will spend some time figuring them out and adjusting decently well. That said they might still go very far.

I think I like Newbee too, I was very impressed with them during the qualifiers where I thought CDEC.Y would just run everyone over and Newbee 3-1'd them fairly easy in the finals. I also think Chuan might be a top5 tryhard in the world so maybe they're not as in as awful shape as the rest of China.

If I got even money I'd bet on Newbee over CDEC since they only looked slightly shaky and overall not great while CDEC looked like a total fadeplant (according to my notes, heh). However, they're only at 1.7 and it's a bo1 so I'm gonna take a look at the draft before I commit.

I also agree on OG against Secret, but odds are kind of reflecting that and OG can be throwy from time to time and I'm not a fan of laying juice against Puppy when he seems to be giving a shit. That said I'd probably bet it at -180 or so, and if the draft looks decent (no Secret Tide+Enigma or Puppy Chen or anything resembling a total outdraft) I'll probably throw a unit on OG for map.

10. Dusty Trunks Green Belt

Missed out on the Oklahoma steam!

@iGnP Bucks up to +3. We doing this?

11. KP6982 White Belt

Bovada just adjusted it to Bernie -150. They should honor the bets already made, yeah?

12. Dusty Trunks Green Belt

Was trying to parlay Trump to win every Super Tuesday state except Texas but 5d wouldn't allow it lol

13. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

They f'in better honor it. That was not a line error. They were just too late to react to the news. Just saw 5d has it at -170, too. Basically exactly what I thought it should be -150/-200

Kind of off topic, and not to brag but...

I have the sickest lines for (Super Tuesday) politics tomorrow. I'll be posting them in the politics thread in a little while

14. Starkaine Green Belt

Dota 2 (3/1-3/2)
    MVP Phoenix (+190) $10 to win $19
    Newbee (-150) $30 to win $20
    Alliance (-240) $24 to win $10
    Alliance/Evil Geniuses/OG $10 to win $15

Feeling pretty confident I will hit the majority if not all of these.

15. iGnP Silver Belt

Half a unit for me. Not recommending it unless you're not feeling anything else and just want some action

16. Dusty Trunks Green Belt

Lol that is literally exactly the case. Super light card tonight and I just don't have a strong felling on anything really. Going to play that and a play on Texas after the line has moved a full 2 points. Other than that taking it easy tonight.

CBB

Texas +3.5 2u
    North
    Carolina -13.5 2u

NBA

Bucks +3 2u

Edit- adding UNC

17. iGnP Silver Belt

damnit i shouldn't have second guessed myself w the Bucks

edit: putting half a unit on Denver 2H at +105

18. Dusty Trunks Green Belt

haha yeah and I am kicking myself for not just playing them but instead also playing the other two leans I had that weren't even that strong. Oh well Bucks win makes it just a minor negative night.

Good call man.

19. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

I hit Buck ML at +145. Houston is too inconsistent and play way too lazy on D to be giving pts on the road even against mediocre teams. Good call guys. I was leaning Bucks and you guys confirmed my thoughts.

20. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

LOL I played Westbrook rebounds+assists over 19 at -130 and he was over with like 8 minutes left in the THIRD QUARTER LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.