Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if any of you guys play poker, but AmericanCardRoom has a small sports book and had Wawr +1.5 SETS at +155 (with ML at +105 LOL). I assume they meant to have it at -155, since every book I've look at has it at -150 to -160. An obvious error but an obvious bet for anyone who has money on that site.
Unless they don't know what they're doing, I doubt they honor such a blatant error in line. As others have said previously on the topic w bigger books, it's better not to bet them in the first place

^ I would stay far away from E-Sports betting. It's a fad niche bottom of the barrel pseudo sport where handicapping becomes useless. How do you cap a computer game when you don't know whether the game in question is fixed, rigged, predetermined. It's one of the biggest issues with facing e-sports unfortunately. Stick with the traditional sports where you can cap games and win money.
It's like everything else , you have information on competitors, up to yo to make a decision , but u know that and trollin like always, that being said I couldn't imagine watching people play video games

I think the Cavs series price is gonna have a lot of value after this game. I have a ton on GS winning the chip from early in the season and I'm gonna let it ride, but if you like the Cavs, I think you should strike now. Game two is (prob) gonna be closer

I think the Cavs series price is gonna have a lot of value after this game. I have a ton on GS winning the chip from early in the season and I'm gonna let it ride, but if you like the Cavs, I think you should strike now. Game two is (prob) gonna be closer
Cant believe I bet Cavs series win before this game. Now +300 when I got them at +190 - Very dumb by me

Cant believe I bet Cavs series win before this game. Now +300 when I got them at +190 - Very dumb by me
Cavs had a decent chance of winning game 1. cant kick yourself bc hindsight is 20/20

England need to drop Rooney grow some balls Roy.
i dont really watch soccer but i know Rooney is supposed to be one of the better players in England... am i mistaken?

I think Field over Curry to win MVP (-140) has some pretty good value. The Warriors seem to be content with exploiting mismatches (as they should be) on the court with the defensive liabilities that the Cavs have. Lebron switched onto Curry at different points in the game last night to make sure that he particularly didn't go off. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Iggy or Draymond win MVP

i really think thiem is gonna give djoker some trouble. he played him sooooo closely in florida. don't let 6-3 6-4 fool you. i think thiem had like 20 break points, just couldn't convert. i remember cause i had like O19.5. probably the most frustrating loss of the year.

so yea i'm looking at like

1u murray -123
1u murray-wawr O40 -110

0.5u thiem +775
2.5u thiem-djok o34.5 -115

(only one i'd recommend is the thiem over, of course.)

Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif

i dont really watch soccer but i know Rooney is supposed to be one of the better players in England... am i mistaken?

He was. We have better strikers than him so they are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole to accommodate him by playing him in a different position as the manager doesnt have the balls to drop him.

He was. We have better strikers than him so they are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole to accommodate him by playing him in a different position as the manager doesnt have the balls to drop him.
Ya but there's no creativity in midfield, they hope he can do SOMETHING, James Milner aint gonna cut it.

I hava 2u on GSW winning the series
4-2 at +450, now Im hoping Cleveland can win 2 games

Ez, who do you like in the doubles finals? Also the way Murray played he might have a good shot against Djoko, the over might be the play there

Ez, who do you like in the doubles finals? Also the way Murray played he might have a good shot against Djoko, the over might be the play there
for sure i agree on murray & the over, 100%

no f'ing clue on doubles, sorry

I like Muguruza's +1.5 sets at -180. Good value to add to a UFC parlay you're confident in.

Since it's WTA, and since Serena improves her playing level in tournaments finals, I don't like Muguruza's +3 point spread. Muguruza could win a set and then get raped in two other sets if she doesn't keep up her level of play.

I think Muguruza can win straight up, but I don't like her current ML of +150. You could always live bet and get a better price on her after Serena holds her first serve.

muguruza looks awesome from what i've seen. that backhand has some pace for wmma.

His time has come and gone. However, behold what once was:

I like Muguruza's +1.5 sets at -180. Good value to add to a UFC parlay you're confident in.

Since it's WTA, and since Serena improves her playing level in tournaments finals, I don't like Muguruza's +3 point spread. Muguruza could win a set and then get raped in two other sets if she doesn't keep up her level of play.

I think Muguruza can win straight up, but I don't like her current ML of +150. You could always live bet and get a better price on her after Serena holds her first serve.

I don't understand your logic. You'll play a heavy juiced handicap over a moneyline bet where you're getting + odds. Serena has looked terrible in the French-O and Mugu has been one of the hottest WTA players the last 1-2 years. There's a reason why Serena isn't a huge favorite like she usually is. Mugu is a live dog and casuals always get suckered into the allure and cache of the big named stars. Mugu isn't a big name and casuals don't know her by name recognition but she has a very legit chance of winning the French-O. Plus, Serena is imho overrated.

- Barry

I don't understand your logic. You'll play a heavy juiced handicap over a moneyline bet where you're getting + odds. Serena has looked terrible in the French-O and Mugu has been one of the hottest WTA players the last 1-2 years. There's a reason why Serena isn't a huge favorite like she usually is. Mugu is a live dog and casuals always get suckered into the allure and cache of the big named stars. Mugu isn't a big name and casuals don't know her by name recognition but she has a very legit chance of winning the French-O. Plus, Serena is imho overrated.

- Barry
24-3 this year, 53-3 last year

What exactly is over rated?

1u SF Giants ML @ -120

Giants have been incredible this year and Cueto is the best pitcher in the rotation right now.

While Wainwright is a good pitcher, Cueto right now is one of the best in baseball. Tail at your own caution but loving the Giants tonight.

24-3 this year, 53-3 last year

What exactly is over rated?
Don't feed the troll, it's a waste of time.

It's highly unlikely he knows more than me when it comes to WTA, which is why I didn't respond to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back