Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Muguruza in the women's final. Her tournament play so far coupled with Serenas struggles to win service games in the first set and a half against Putineska is enough for me to see her as the favorite based off of past performances. This kind of reasoning has destroyed me in the past when i took Fed over Djoko multiple times in majors last year only to see fed come up with his worst effort and djoko his best. This feels different though, its Muguruzas time. I thought her odds would be closer to +200 than +150 but I'm still in for 2 units.

I played Serena to win this at the beginning of the tournament with 2U at 5.00, so I'm hedging a bit so I'm plus minus zero if she doesn't win...

It's so hot in California thatI woke up in time to watch Serena/Garbine play (6am).

Anyway, let's go Muguruza~

24-3 this year, 53-3 last year

What exactly is over rated?

I don't put in as much capping in WTA as I should but the value is on Mugu. I know enough to know Serena's edge is mainly to her serve, size and power. Look at her, she's a remarkable specimen and built like a tank. And yes it's in my professional opinion that she's not as good as the casual sports fan thinks. Tennis is dominated by 4-5 Elite players the rest are miles behind in skill. The disparity is greater in Women's tennis hence Serena's record. If Serena's serve is not on point she'll lose nuff said.

Oh, and I've been killing it in the French-O. Put a huge future on Djoker to win it and there's not chance in heck I'm hedging.
I've been doing quite well in Tennis this year picking spots where I see value. Mugu is one of them.

- Barry

Set 1 = Mugu took 9 minutes to hold her 2nd service game, then Serena got broken in the next game. Couple more breaks happened and Mugu won 7-5.

Set 2 = Serena looks tired and got broken in her first game, thrn broke back, then got broken again. Mugu leads 3-1 atm.

God damit Serena, time to get your game going now...

Garbine Muguruza wins 7-5/6-4.

Serena will probably win the US Open and the media will forget about her finals performance at Roland Garros.

I don't put in as much capping in WTA as I should but the value is on Mugu. I know enough to know Serena's edge is mainly to her serve, size and power. Look at her, she's a remarkable specimen and built like a tank. And yes it's in my professional opinion that she's not as good as the casual sports fan thinks. Tennis is dominated by 4-5 Elite players the rest are miles behind in skill. The disparity is greater in Women's tennis hence Serena's record. If Serena's serve is not on point she'll lose nuff said.

Oh, and I've been killing it in the French-O. Put a huge future on Djoker to win it and there's not chance in heck I'm hedging.
I've been doing quite well in Tennis this year picking spots where I see value. Mugu is one of them.

- Barry

So I'm on one of my hottest betting streaks, crushing the bookies. The picks I've listed below are just a select few that I've touted on Sherdog. Just solid capping and picking the right spots.

1. GSW -Monster Win
2. Mugu - Win
3. Djoker - Pending
4. Rockhold - Pending

I'd like anyone who doubts my capping prowess to argue against my results. As they say numbers don't lie and my results speaks for itself.

- Barry

So I'm on one of my hottest betting streaks, crushing the bookies. The picks I've listed below are just a select few that I've touted on Sherdog. Just solid capping and picking the right spots.

1. GSW -Monster Win
2. Mugu - Win
3. Djoker - Pending
4. Rockhold - Pending

I'd like anyone who doubts my capping prowess to argue against my results. As they say numbers don't lie and my results speaks for itself.

- Barry

I'm impressed by the Mugu one, but bragging about picking GSW or Rockhold is like picking under 8 goals in a soccer game...

muguruza is awesome on clay. good win there.

thinking (hoping?) murray-djok is a classic. think it goes deep. maybe djoker 3-2. prolly playing the over. and hating life with the not-djoker french open prop, hoping for the best, expecting the worst. go buttertooth...~

Live bet Djoko -130 after he drops the first set. Nothing big but want some action.

I feel it's right to come clean. I put a massive bet on Rockhold early and then added a bunch more units on him as I saw 0 chance for Bisping to win. I've just lost a ginormous chunk of my bankroll and I was fuming after Luke lost which was the reason I avoided posting here last night. I'm still pissed at myself for putting so much on Luke because I had him winning 10 out of 10 times in my simulation model. I've cooled off a bit but this is going to sting for a damn long time.

I don't know what's happening, but these big favorites losing isn't just fluke happenstances. I'm starting to think something more sinister is going on and I'll leave it up to your imagination as to what I'm alluding to. Rousey, Mcgregor, Holm, Velasquez, Barao and now Rockhold all losing when heavily favored. These are all bigger bets I placed and lost. I realize the bookies make mistakes once in awhile but this is occurring too frequent to be a one off fluke. I'm wrestling with the idea of not betting on UFC because it's beginning to become a crap shoot. It's not worth it anymore. I think the "golden days" of UFC betting is over and done with.

Looks as though my Djoker future will hit which will ease the sting a little.
And I thought the fight was stopped too early considering this was a title fight. Gotta give Luke the benefit of a doubt and he wasn't knocked unconscious so yeah Big John again screws up with his quick stoppage. SMH!!

- Barry

I feel it's right to come clean. I put a massive bet on Rockhold early and then added a bunch more units on him as I saw 0 chance for Bisping to win. I've just lost a ginormous chunk of my bankroll and I was fuming after Luke lost which was the reason I avoided posting here last night. I'm still pissed at myself for putting so much on Luke because I had him winning 10 out of 10 times in my simulation model. I've cooled off a bit but this is going to sting for a damn long time.

I don't know what's happening, but these big favorites losing isn't just fluke happenstances. I'm starting to think something more sinister is going on and I'll leave it up to your imagination as to what I'm alluding to. Rousey, Mcgregor, Holm, Velasquez, Barao and now Rockhold all losing when heavily favored. These are all bigger bets I placed and lost. I realize the bookies make mistakes once in awhile but this is occurring too frequent to be a one off fluke. I'm wrestling with the idea of not betting on UFC because it's beginning to become a crap shoot. It's not worth it anymore. I think the "golden days" of UFC betting is over and done with.

And I thought the fight was stopped too early considering this was a title fight. Gotta give Luke the benefit of a doubt and he wasn't knocked unconscious so yeah Big John again screws up with his quick stoppage. SMH!!

- Barry
You're usually good at low key trolling but this one is a bit obvious lol

Joker is so good... Getting him at -140 after the first set was such a no brainer

- Barry

LOL was the "golden age" a few years ago when you were posting about taking out thousand dollar cash advances on your credit cards after losing bet after bet? I can't believe you still post after BT eviscerated you by showing all your posts from just a few years back. You are something else buddy...

- Barry

Take your losses instead of trying to justify that you lost only because some "sinister" forces are at work. You celebrate and put it in peple's faces when you win and blame anything other than your decisions when you lose.
Crushing the bookies is something you will never do with the amount they have already taken from you. Short term>Long term for you but they're laughing.

FFS Djoker put this to bed!

Edit: There ya go!

Joker gonna be -200 to win Wimbledon geez (im still prob gonna play him to win lol)

The over 3 1/2 sets at -180 won me back every cent I lost from UFC 199

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back