Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel it's right to come clean. I put a massive bet on Rockhold early and then added a bunch more units on him as I saw 0 chance for Bisping to win. I've just lost a ginormous chunk of my bankroll and I was fuming after Luke lost which was the reason I avoided posting here last night. I'm still pissed at myself for putting so much on Luke because I had him winning 10 out of 10 times in my simulation model. I've cooled off a bit but this is going to sting for a damn long time.

I don't know what's happening, but these big favorites losing isn't just fluke happenstances. I'm starting to think something more sinister is going on and I'll leave it up to your imagination as to what I'm alluding to. Rousey, Mcgregor, Holm, Velasquez, Barao and now Rockhold all losing when heavily favored. These are all bigger bets I placed and lost. I realize the bookies make mistakes once in awhile but this is occurring too frequent to be a one off fluke. I'm wrestling with the idea of not betting on UFC because it's beginning to become a crap shoot. It's not worth it anymore. I think the "golden days" of UFC betting is over and done with.

Looks as though my Djoker future will hit which will ease the sting a little.
And I thought the fight was stopped too early considering this was a title fight. Gotta give Luke the benefit of a doubt and he wasn't knocked unconscious so yeah Big John again screws up with his quick stoppage. SMH!!

- Barry
3/10

Joker is so good... Getting him at -140 after the first set was such a no brainer

yea, i woke up late today, turned it on at start of 2nd set, and i was like "sweet! murray's on his game! took s1!" ... then a total bludgeoning

lol

yea, i woke up late today, turned it on at start of 2nd set, and i was like "sweet! murray's on his game! took s1!" ... then a total bludgeoning

lol
i thought the exact same thing then Joker just turned it on. he might be better than Fed when its all said and done

i might have a fuckboy futures bet on germany at 9/2.

italy at 18/1??

Last edited:
italy at 18/1??

italys midfield is in shambles, and they have a very injure prone backline and attack, 18/1 is accurate. france still the favorites with germany 2nd and then probably spain. belgium is having major defense issues that i doubt they'll be able to iron out before next weekend when everything starts.

Cavs +6 tonight, gonna put a little something on it. Like them to bounce back and play better. Dubs **probably** still find a way to win but I think this one will come down to the wire.

Gonna hit Lebron prop o44.5 pts+rebs+assts. Expensive at -155 but I think he plays a lot of minutes tonight and dominates the ball more than game 1. I think they know he needs to control the game more and they need to avoid so many possessions of Kyrie bringing it up and taking a shot with no passes.

Also like Klay o12.5 first half pts. Can't see another clunker from him and I think he'll be aggressive early.

Bets for tonights game:

$65 Lebron James double double -215
$35 Draymond Green double double -175
$5 Lebron James triple double +300
$20 Lebron James over 9 1/2 rebounds - 110
$15 Klay Thompson over 2 assists -125

no play on the game or spread bc i have tons of GS championship bets and i think the Cavs cover tonight but im going back to Tristan Thompson prop. its over 17.5 instead of 16 like last game but i think he got a few unlucky bounces that went to kevin love instead. he covered 16 through 3 quarters last game for what its worth

good luck, everyone. go dubs

no play on the game or spread bc i have tons of GS championship bets and i think the Cavs cover tonight but im going back to Tristan Thompson prop. its over 17.5 instead of 16 like last game but i think he got a few unlucky bounces that went to kevin love instead. he covered 16 through 3 quarters last game for what its worth

good luck, everyone. go dubs

Yep I hit that too. just .5u but at + odds it's a good play imo. My only concern when I play props like this with bigs that are role players is that they get no referee protection like the stars do and they are the rim protectors. So they tend to get in foul trouble the most often which submarine's the prop.

But yeah I'm alongside you on this one. He's their "dirty work" guy and is capable of pulling down a dozen or more boards easily in this type of game.

Also hit Curry pts+assts over 37. Like Klay I think he plays much better than the other night and at + odds I'll roll the dice.

Yep I hit that too. just .5u but at + odds it's a good play imo. My only concern when I play props like this with bigs that are role players is that they get no referee protection like the stars do and they are the rim protectors. So they tend to get in foul trouble the most often which submarine's the prop.

But yeah I'm alongside you on this one. He's their "dirty work" guy and is capable of pulling down a dozen or more boards easily in this type of game.
He actually isn't a good rim protector and normally stays away from fouling but yeah I definitely hear you about the concerns. I also like the fact that he's a decent foul shooter and is a good offensive rebounder. I loved 16 and I think 17.5 hits more often than not but I wouldn't play it if it goes any higher for game 3

Thompson with 12 total in the first quarter. Love it

He actually isn't a good rim protector and normally stays away from fouling but yeah I definitely hear you about the concerns. I also like the fact that he's a decent foul shooter and is a good offensive rebounder. I loved 16 and I think 17.5 hits more often than not but I wouldn't play it if it goes any higher for game 3

LOL well 8 and 4 in the first quarter we have to like that. Don't want to jinx it but jeez if he doesn't go over 17.5 now...

Hey Thompson get your shit together

3 fouls on TT. Still only need 5 more so have to like our chances. A nice putback early in the 3rd would make me happy.

Steph prop alive but he needs a big 2nd half. Lebron prop looks s good so far.

Cavs hanging around, they need to have a good first five minutes of the second half.

Ugh. Tristan with his 4th foul to start the second half. Brutal.

What an epic beat down. Almost feel guilty for live betting GS since they were down in the first

... Not

Cavs straight up quit once they got down by 15 or so. Specifically Kyrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back