Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - March 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea, I guess CDEC is a bigger name and people who likes the big names might be chasing? Or more likely I've missed something, I'm not at 100% now gonna go eat something fast and then sleep as soon as this is over just to catch up in sleep (and I'm in the same time zone as you). Draft up now, guess you have livebet so I'll update what I think after the draft.

I bet Newbee reasonably big after the 4th picks for both sides, CDEC seems to have a too single target draft without AoE.

Edit after the 5th rounds of picks: Unless Ember gets massive or Newbee gets stomped early I have no idea how they're supposed to win this. I like Newbee

edit: Just to beat the analyst with a prediction I'll guess this, Newbee wins at 38 min.

I have no idea, I guess CDEC is a bigger name and people who likes the big names might be chasing? Or more likely I've missed something, I'm not at 100% now gonna go eat something fast and then sleep as soon as this is over just to catch up in sleep (and I'm in the same time zone as you). Draft up now, guess you have livebet so I'll update what I think after the draft.

ya i guess that could be it.. no clue either. alright sounds like a good idea, i need to do the same (get some sleep) :)

yup i have livebet on local bookie and betfair has it too

I bet Newbee reasonably big after the 4th picks for both sides, CDEC seems to have a too single target draft without AoE.

Edit after the 5th rounds of picks: Unless Ember gets massive or Newbee gets stomped early I have no idea how they're supposed to win this. I like Newbee

sounds good thanks. will add on livebet if they get off to a good start

Anyone betting PL tonight?

I think stoke at +100 and the draw at +252 has some value. Obviously Newcastle could win but I think stoke will either win or draw. Easy to hedge too

Newcastle are surprisingly bad this season but they can score. Just think the value is with stoke ML and hedging with the draw

@iGnP thoughts on Wolves +3.5 tonight at home? I really like it, but homer factor is in play for me so looking for another opinion.

@Slohog I tailed u on dota, I played alliance, VP, and MVP +1.5. Went the biggest on alliance and had them parlayed with mvp +1.5, so I'm down a bit unfortunately. Do you follow LOL? My friend plays and knows the NA teams but he's unfamiliar with asia and EU

Slohog, will they release lines for Street FIghter V? I heard that's a new esport

I believe that would be a esport I could get behind.

Yea sorry about that Alliance pick. Still confused, Liquid just suddenly looked really good. Don't know anything about Lol, I'm good at dota when it comes to esports.

Also just in general I kind of hate playing +1.5's and +0.5's in Dota because a lot of the time the team that wins the first game has a drafting edge in game 2. At least I think that's sound advice.

Really feel I'm getting the hang of this tournament thought, gonna make sure to post picks for tomorrow before the tournament starts, either when I wake up or before I go to bed.

Also I want to admit that I'm not happy about my Newbee pick despite them looking fairly good to win this game. They're not playing very well at all.

edit: @Jack, no idea, last time I played a fighting game it was on Nintendo64. I can't cap stuff that depends more on hand/eye-coordination then strategy, mostly because I'm shit at it.

@iGnP thoughts on Wolves +3.5 tonight at home? I really like it, but homer factor is in play for me so looking for another opinion.
i think its a solid play but i dont like betting against hot teams (trail blazers yesterday fell into that category). wizards have won 6/8 and those two losses were on the road and in tough spots. luckily, this game seems to fit that bill. the wizards play @ cleveland on friday so they may be looking ahead. ill take it for a unit as well ;)

im realllly looking hard at the thunder/clippers game tonight. being from LA, the clippers are one of those teams that i have a lot of exposure to on TV so i can usually bet them correctly. this line makes no sense to me. i feel as though bookies are setting this line to bait thunder backers and i feel like there is money to be made on the clippers tonight but i am having issues pulling the trigger. FWIW, thunder are one of the worst teams this season at covering the spread so i believe bookies know how to manipulate their lines and still get people to bet them. thoughts?

thanks for another great pick Slohog :) looking foward to see what you find for tommorow.

i think its a solid play but i dont like betting against hot teams (trail blazers yesterday fell into that category). wizards have won 6/8 and those two losses were on the road and in tough spots. luckily, this game seems to fit that bill. the wizards play @ cleveland on friday so they may be looking ahead. ill take it for a unit as well ;)

im realllly looking hard at the thunder/clippers game tonight. being from LA, the clippers are one of those teams that i have a lot of exposure to on TV so i can usually bet them correctly. this line makes no sense to me. i feel as though bookies are setting this line to bait thunder backers and i feel like there is money to be made on the clippers tonight but i am having issues pulling the trigger. FWIW, thunder are one of the worst teams this season at covering the spread so i believe bookies know how to manipulate their lines and still get people to bet them. thoughts?
I like it. I have been on the Clippers a lot since Griffen went out and I like therm as well tonight. Looking at anything else?

Think I'm gonna do a Real Madrid + Bayern parlay

Kinda worried about Madrid. Anyone have quick thoughts before 2? Lol

Edit: damn LB on BM just came up. I should have waited and just took Bayern -2.0 at -169. Great line

Last edited:
Here is what I have for tonight so far...

CBB

Virginia Tech
+3.5 3.15u/3u
Miami FL
+2.5 3.06/3u
Seton Hall
+4.5 3.06/3u
UCLA
+3 3.24u/3u

NBA

Wolves
+3.5 3.21/3u

I like it. I have been on the Clippers a lot since Griffen went out and I like therm as well tonight. Looking at anything else?
yeah i actually like the celtics ML in the first leg of a two team parlay. i dont think i like any other team to pair them with though so i might keep it open or pair them with the clippers if their ML gets worse

I was leaning Celts also, only thing stopping me is a bet against the Blazers seems silly right now.

I was leaning Celts also, only thing stopping me is a bet against the Blazers seems silly right now.
fourth game in five nights for the blazers. those outside shots are gonna fall short and their defense is gonna be very soft

fourth game in five nights for the blazers. those outside shots are gonna fall short and their defense is gonna be very soft
Celtics ATS have been straight money all year too...probably going to play it now.

Here is what I have for tonight so far...

CBB

Virginia Tech
+3.5 3.15u/3u
Miami FL
+2.5 3.06/3u
Seton Hall
+4.5 3.06/3u
UCLA
+3 3.24u/3u

NBA

Wolves
+3.5 3.21/3u

Betting against Pitt when I considered betting them lol, maybe I should listen to you this time

Thoughts on this?

At -120 it seems too good to be true ..

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    499 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back