Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - March 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you know if there is a site that updates game information faster then just watching it from stream? the bookies seems to have access to whats going on in the game much faster..

i use this to get a better overview of the game:

http://www.trackdota.com/matches/2193321592

but it updates rather slowly

It's possible that some china stream is slightly faster. It's all over the place with that stuff, some tournaments the bookies are even a bit behind when some random stream for "reasons" (as on who the hell knows, it's just internet things I guess) gets ahead/behind. Try refreshing streams, that works sometime.

bet secret at about +110.. will switch to OG if it goes late

Yea I'm on OG now at 2.1. Secret wins if they get Miracle without a buyback and/or can go high ground with metamorphism down. If they fail that I think OG runs away with it. Close game thought, I just don't trust envy as much as I do Miracle- right now.

Edit: Basically Misery needs to get a roar off on Miracle- and they need to kill him before Moon gets there with a ravage or they're fucked in most fights I think.

Edit again: Miracle is close to skadi, really curious what he goes next. If I played the hero I think I'd just go linkens to block roar and assume I had enough damage anyway, but obviously these guys are much better then me.

looks like i am stuck with my bet. pinnacle keeping the lines closed now... oh well at least one of us wins then :) i was just surprised secret was still at dog odds with a decent early lead and a stomp in game2

Last edited:
Yea, think your bet will win. Was probably not horrible to get either at dog odds although yours might've been better. Gold was ok for OG I think but the experience I missed, Secret was a fair bit ahead there. I've messed up with that before. Still not 100% over thought.

Edit: GG PLD was MVP in my opinion.

Last edited:
damn secret showed up today.. been a while since i have seen them play this good

wtf is wrong with OKC the blew a 22 point lead in the 4th quarter!!!

If Fnatic does well in lanes I think they might have a chance, but EG has really good high ground defence. Gonna look to bet Fnatic early if they look like they get a decent start and then hedge on EG just before Fnatic needs to break high ground.

fnatic getting spanked.. to bad no livebet opportunities for this one

Rayo Vallecano-Barcelona. Barca wins, over 3.5, Barca -1, Barca -2, Barca -3, Messi, Neymar and Suarez to score.

NHL bets: Wild and Lightning to win (ML and in regulation).

I have a theory. If you play vs alliance the most important part is not to have an answer to split push like it was a couple of years ago. Now the problem is that their team fighting and map movement is so damn good. Unless you manage to crush lanes I think the by far safest option in a draft vs them is to make sure to have much stronger teamfight and a solid late game that's hard to outplay.

All this 2 out of 3 of the following enigma/void/tide bullshit seems to work really well against them while any kind of evenish teamfight where you don't have global back up just get stomped by better coordination.

I have a theory. If you play vs alliance the most important part is not to have an answer to split push like it was a couple of years ago. Now the problem is that their team fighting and map movement is so damn good. Unless you manage to crush lanes I think the by far safest option in a draft vs them is to make sure to have much stronger teamfight and a solid late game that's hard to outplay.

All this 2 out of 3 of the following enigma/void/tide bullshit seems to work really well against them while any kind of evenish teamfight where you don't have global back up just get stomped by better coordination.

good points. its pretty incredible how they always manage to come out ahead even when loosing fights.. you win a great teamfight against them only to find out after your base/towers got destroyed lol

do you have bets for the OG vs VP and Fnatic vs Newbee matchups? i have VP +150 avaliable but not sure if it is enough? they have been doing prety good against OG in the past few matchups

No have money on coL thought så happy with that. I think OG will spank VP and I thought Fnatic would spank Newbee but Fnatic did not look good this morning. I still think VP is on tilt since the EG series. They almost lost of Vici of all teams.

Think I'll just go for the following plan:

if VP keeps instapicking after a loss and/or after an annoying pick -> bet OG.
If OG drafts clearly better teamfight -> bet OG

if Fnatic gets a draft that looks like it can fight decently and has a good match up mid I'll probably be on them.
if Newbee looks like they have something that can destroy the early game (bounty hunter, ench etc) and good lanes I might bet them.

nice looking good for col

ya VP did not look very good in the last few games but they still managed to beat liquid.. guess it comes down to what mood they are in today :) will stay away for now.

hope you have time to post your thoughts here after the draft..

bet coL at +127. not the best, but worked out anyways.

Ok, this might not be any high level capping, but I'm going medium on OG at 1.6. They've only lost against Secrets drow-strats and one random throw when Miracle dove fountain and has looked good in general. VP looked good when they spanked Liquid and looked ok vs EG but after that they've simply not looked good at all. I'm more or less betting that they havn't turned their mental game around since the last game.

In related news, and I wouldn't post this unless I was super tired and feel that every dumb joke is fun, but I gotta recommend the Swedish casters over at http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/streams/24506-drayich

The main guy is a former pro player who tries to make it his full time job to cast Dota and could be be described as someone who would be considered white trash by the cast of trailer park boys, but in a good way. If you happen to understand Swedish you should check it out some day, most of the time it's trash but when he casts Alliance games and/or is drunk it's absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back