Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am putting a couple more units on GSW to win series @ +242. Tonights game is already a foregone conclusion as I see GSW easily getting the win. So I'm basically get GSW M/L for +242 because I don't see them losing a game 7 on home court. It's crazy because even though GSW is down 3-1 I'm seeing value on this bet. So long as there's no funny business going on with regards to the officiating, there's less than a 15% chance GSW losses. This all falls down to the game being officiated fairly as this is a huuuuuuuge caveat.

- Barry

With a couple days to go maybe start a small chat about the Champions League final on Saturday? Personally, I think Atletico finally takes this one. Probably low scoring and probably extra time needed, maybe even PKs.

Props I like:
CR7 anytime to score 2.3
CR7 hat trick 34:1
Goes to PK: 5.50

Anyone else with thoughts?

I am putting a couple more units on GSW to win series @ +242. Tonights game is already a foregone conclusion as I see GSW easily getting the win. So I'm basically get GSW M/L for +242 because I don't see them losing a game 7 on home court. It's crazy because even though GSW is down 3-1 I'm seeing value on this bet. So long as there's no funny business going on with regards to the officiating, there's less than a 15% chance GSW losses. This all falls down to the game being officiated fairly as this is a huuuuuuuge caveat.

- Barry
I have the same bet but that's such a square way of looking at things. the Thunder won game 1 fair and square, how is it a foregone conclusion that GS wins game 5 and 7?

With a couple days to go maybe start a small chat about the Champions League final on Saturday? Personally, I think Atletico finally takes this one. Probably low scoring and probably extra time needed, maybe even PKs.

Props I like:
CR7 anytime to score 2.3
CR7 hat trick 34:1
Goes to PK: 5.50

Anyone else with thoughts?

Yeah I see a low scoring, awful game. Honestly can't stand the way Atletico play, probably the most negative, ratty football i've ever witnessed. I think they'll win it tho. Worth bearing in mind 365 have the free £50 inplay offer for the game.

Lean on the Braves tonight (lol yes the Braves as favorites).

Edit gonna parlay them w Warriors ml

Last edited:
@BluntTrauma21
whew, glad you did some more on pit before game 6.. line is ridiculous in game 7.. i haven't wanted to bet either side of the series (just the over for series games as we discussed)... but man, how do i not take a shot at tampa +186 in game 7?

sorry for late reply just got home. Yeah man all said and done I basically freerolled it (will lose like 2 dollars if Pit wins) before last game. funny thing was Pit was favored game 6 and you knew they'd be favored at home game 7 but for the series they were +165, so had to take it. Stamkos is back don't know how rusty he'll be but hopefully the pull this out!

Nice call on Tomic btw.

I think atletico are gonna win but i wouldnt be surprised at all if real win

Atletico seem to have their number but who knows. I'm probably gonna do atletico pk

I always try to remember to bet on yellow cards when these 2 teams play but I never do lol. There's always at least 5-6 Not sure if I want to do it in this big of a game. Ref might be lax

I have the same bet but that's such a square way of looking at things. the Thunder won game 1 fair and square, how is it a foregone conclusion that GS wins game 5 and 7?

I feel like this series is scripted to go 7. I've watched more than enough NBA games to have a good feel which games are shady and whether the NBA wants to influence the game somehow.
Don't get me wrong, I don't go ham with this train of thought all the time but I watch a ton of NBA games and I've got a good feel on how to exploit the lines. At the end of the day the NBA is a business and you'd be naive to think they don't have positions on certain marquee games to drum up interest and ratings. It's in their best interest, period.

- Barry

@EzFlyer any thought on series between SJ/PIT? See any value on SJ +125 series?

Yep, picking sj, but not too confident.

I did 1.5u a few days ago on

5/25/16 9:05pm NHL Props Hockey 25319 San Jose beats Pittsburgh +346*vs Any other result

And I'm Prolly gonna just leave it there

Burns & pavelski > letang & Crosby!

I think I would only do like two units San Jose series + 125 if I didn't have that

Yep, picking sj, but not too confident.

I did 1.5u a few days ago on

5/25/16 9:05pm NHL Props Hockey 25319 San Jose beats Pittsburgh +346*vs Any other result

And I'm Prolly gonna just leave it there

Burns & pavelski > letang & Crosby!

I think I would only do like two units San Jose series + 125 if I didn't have that

You east coasters and your bias! The Sharks are gonna crush Pittsburgh. Just wait till you see the beards coming at you.

I feel like this series is scripted to go 7. I've watched more than enough NBA games to have a good feel which games are shady and whether the NBA wants to influence the game somehow.
Don't get me wrong, I don't go ham with this train of thought all the time but I watch a ton of NBA games and I've got a good feel on how to exploit the lines. At the end of the day the NBA is a business and you'd be naive to think they don't have positions on certain marquee games to drum up interest and ratings. It's in their best interest, period.

- Barry
wouldn't it follow that Miami would face Cleveland in the ECF if that were the case? I don't think anyone was excited when they saw Cleveland/Toronto

wouldn't it follow that Miami would face Cleveland in the ECF if that were the case? I don't think anyone was excited when they saw Cleveland/Toronto

They tried. Once Whiteside went down nothing Miami could do. Calls were going for Miami, but Raptors were too good despite this favorable edge that Miami had with the refs. Had Whiteside not gotten injured it would have been Miami advancing. Now, the NBA isn't going to make it blatantly obvious of a rig job because it would hurt their brand. But make no mistake, they have teams they want to win and usually these are big market cities with stars. Toronto doesn't fit into this mold hence the reason they weren't competitive with Cleveland. It was always going to be Cleveland going to the finals.

- Barry

I also see a low scoring game in the CL Final.

Going to do u5.5 as my prematch qualifying bet instead of the usual o0.5. Cover it on another site for a couple of quid (£4 should cover it on Boylesports, plus if someone hits the crossbar losing bets are refunded) and look at Atletico in ET/Penalties @ 15.00 / 11.00 respectively. I figure if it goes to extra time I should be able to cash out for a few hundred if I wanted to.

They tried. Once Whiteside went down nothing Miami could do. Calls were going for Miami, but Raptors were too good despite this favorable edge that Miami had with the refs. Had Whiteside not gotten injured it would have been Miami advancing. Now, the NBA isn't going to make it blatantly obvious of a rig job because it would hurt their brand. But make no mistake, they have teams they want to win and usually these are big market cities with stars. Toronto doesn't fit into this mold hence the reason they weren't competitive with Cleveland. It was always going to be Cleveland going to the finals.

- Barry

Barry you don't seem to understand that the concept of "big market cities" is all but dead in the modern NBA. The elite players become stars regardless of where they play. They are all over commercials and every other type of media there is. OKC is literally as small market as it gets and Durant (and now Westbrook to maybe a slightly lesser degree) are international superstars. The world has shrunk and the access to guys playing in small and medium markets is there. TV ratings are driven far more by star power than by what markets are playing. If you believe the NBA instructs its officials to make calls favoring certain teams I think you are wrong. Risking ALL of the credibility of a billion dollar business that's GUARANTEED to make $ regardless of which teams win to try to squeeze out a bit more is just insane. Not to mention the billionaire ownership groups of these teams aren't gonna sit back and be ok with being on the losing end of rigged games.

Your conspiracy theory obviously isn't yours alone. Others think the same. But logically when you break it down it falls apart. Sorry man.

Got an absolute MONSTER MLB play for Memorial Day Long Weekend for those who want to build their bankrolls. Mets ML-130, take the value pick and run with, I Love this play. I'm probably going to start reducing the number of free plays I post because I want those who respect my picks to subscribe. Anyways, I am going to do some capping and then get ready to watch UFC tonight. Have some really $harp picks for the card tonight!

- Barry

Got an absolute MONSTER MLB play for Memorial Day Long Weekend for those who want to build their bankrolls. Mets ML-130, take the value pick and run with, I Love this play. I'm probably going to start reducing the number of free plays I post because I want those who respect my picks to subscribe. Anyways, I am going to do some capping and then get ready to watch UFC tonight. Have some really $harp picks for the card tonight!

- Barry

Enjoy the UFC card tonight Barry LOL. (Psst. Most pro touts know what day the events are on. Just sayin'.)

- Barry
or maybe Cleveland was just a vastly superior team talent wise, with more experience, and better coaching lol. Good luck with GS today, I'm probably gonna hedge out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back