Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Ravens start is a little flukey. They've played 3 below average teams. Their defense looked a bit better than I thought, I will admit that. I thought the Jags would get them in a game Jax desperately needed last week and the Ravens found a way to win which shows good composure (their coach is good so not surprising). I still think talent-wise they are a 9 or 10 win team at best, maybe 8-8. But...

...I'm with you guys this week. Especially with the early kickoff. Historically west coast teams going to the east coast for early kickoffs do very poorly. I'll wait for 3 but will maybe bet it anyway if I have to take -3.5 (or maybe buy the half point).

I think the Ravens start is a little flukey. They've played 3 below average teams. Their defense looked a bit better than I thought, I will admit that. I thought the Jags would get them in a game Jax desperately needed last week and the Ravens found a way to win which shows good composure (their coach is good so not surprising). I still think talent-wise they are a 9 or 10 win team at best, maybe 8-8. But...

...I'm with you guys this week. Especially with the early kickoff. Historically west coast teams going to the east coast for early kickoffs do very poorly. I'll wait for 3 but will maybe bet it anyway if I have to take -3.5 (or maybe buy the half point).
Oh for sure their ceiling is 8-9 wins. No one is saying they're a SB contender. I believe this is the third time so far this year that the Raiders will be traveling to the East for an early game (Titans, Saints) so maybe they're getting used to the early start time. But at the same time, all that traveling has to take a toll eventually, right? *shrugs*

For the fantasy football fans, the Raiders so far have been a bottom 10 team in defending the tight end position and Dennis Pitta seems to be Flacco's favorite target. He might be in line for a productive day

Man, I really like the Cubs to wreck the pirates again tonight in another meaningless game for the team.

Cubs ML and spread
has good value.

Hit Cubs -1.5 @ +105, Maddon said he will be treating these last games like spring training so I may stop backing the team yet they keep playing an a-game and are so packed with talent.

praying the rangers can clinch the #1 seed. potentially 4 home games against the streaking red sox would be good.

UEFA:
Manchester City -1.5 @ -112
Barcelona -1.5 @ +140

I don't follow soccer too much but these lines seem attractive to me, thinking of a small parlay for action.

UEFA juice parlay
Man City ML
Arsenal ML
Barcelona ML

$15 to win $24.63

+65%?

Hitting Cubs -1.5 again.
Kris Bryant back in the line-up for tonight, Cubs get this sweep to finish strong.

Hockey preseason...I know, I know...but Edmonton Oilers are dressing an oddly NHL-heavy team tonight (in one hour) against Vancouver. ML at 1.833 and -1.5 goals at 3.40. I think this is a good opportunity for any degenerate animals like me.

Football peeps what do we think about Bucs +3 this week? The Bucs are better than the Colts and the Coots would have covered 6 on the road if it weren't for that last unnecessary defensive TD. Logic says value is on TB...

esport> cs go: esl one
sk vs optic (best of one)

optic wins odds 6.5 and +6,5 rounds 1.8 have great value

optic recently beat sk,immortals,c9

betfair have odds 6.5 / 365 have odds 6 and the point handicap +6,5

i fully expect the odds will drop to odds 3 ish once pinnacle opens the odds (they are the only site hwo have a clue about e-sport :) )

you can watch the game here on friday: http://www.hltv.org/match/2305137-sk-optic-esl-one-new-york-2016

Last edited:
anybody like the jarvis prop of over 74 receiving yards offered on betfair?

I've come to the decision to stop giving out my NFL value picks. They're just too valuable and the fact I'm getting no "like" clicks after I come through for you makes it pointless to continue giving away $$$ picks. Sorry guys I don't have an unlimited amount of time as my full time job is capping for my subscribers and that always takes precedence over sherdog.

- Barry

I've come to the decision to stop giving out my NFL value picks. They're just too valuable and the fact I'm getting no "like" clicks after I come through for you makes it pointless to continue giving away $$$ picks. Sorry guys I don't have an unlimited amount of time as my full time job is capping for my subscribers and that always takes precedence over sherdog.

- Barry
your value picks that have you in the red through 4 weeks of the NFL season? oh how will we survive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back