Non-thread Worthy Boxing News Part 5

Liam Smith vs Kurbanov main event starting soon from Russia. Usually hard to win on the cards over there (like it is over here!).

English judging has been diabolical lately so either way someone gets screwed. I know that's basically what you said but y'know.

Damn, I must be getting desensitized. Someone bumped a post on facebook today about Aaron Pryor dying. I seemed to have forgotten he passed away 5 years ago.

Damn, I must be getting desensitized. Someone bumped a post on facebook today about Aaron Pryor dying. I seemed to have forgotten he passed away 5 years ago.

I can't talk, i saw your thread earlier and was gonna reply until i saw the date on the article you posted. Made me feel like an ass for forgetting.

sounds like Ioka popped for weed. I think he's gonna get a big suspension in Japan, though he's apparently dodged possible jail time.

Saw today that he got cleared; apparently the samples were held in some rando's kitchen fridge (!!!) for a week or smth & only then tested.

I say, look in that dude's fridge, maaaaaan.

@fuct. My bad. I was on vacation for the last two weeks and forgot. Not my best work but here you go.

"Derek Chauvin is my hero. Canelo is #1. Viva Mexico Blanca!"

Josh Taylor: F*ck youtube boxing

Sadly this is what me and others from the UK were saying in the lead up to the fight. There was nothing on tv about this fight happening at all, that's not an exaggeration, there was zero advertisement at all for this fight.

I imagine Josh's hometown were hyped for it but man it's got to feel shitty when you've just made history but nobody apart from hardcore fans cared.

Sadly this is what me and others from the UK were saying in the lead up to the fight. There was nothing on tv about this fight happening at all, that's not an exaggeration, there was zero advertisement at all for this fight.

I imagine Josh's hometown were hyped for it but man it's got to feel shitty when you've just made history but nobody apart from hardcore fans cared.

Man, this is weird. Britain is currently a much bigger market than France boxingwise and an undisputed title is something significant. Oubaali’s being ignored was sad but logical. Taylor’s being ignored... Fuck, that’s revolting.

Man, this is weird. Britain is currently a much bigger market than France boxingwise and an undisputed title is something significant. Oubaali’s being ignored was sad but logical. Taylor’s being ignored... Fuck, that’s revolting.

HW fights and these celeb fights are all that seems to matter. It just baffles me when Josh makes history and you don't show or even mention the fight, yet they show Katie Taylor every chance they get.

I'm not elitist about anything in life and would never say i'm more knowledgeable than someone else when it comes to boxing, but Sky Sports is the major boxing thing in the UK and it's literally just built for casuals who know nothing about boxing.

Da Sex Jr.... aka David Lemieux is fighting tonight in Mexico :)

Don't know if anybody is televising it though---apart from Francais :(

Lemieux KO in 2..... in one of the absolutely worst fight cards I've ever seen. Just terrible mismatches from start to finish, and it looked like it was filmed with an old betamax videocam. I hope the french version was at least presented a bit better, since I think those fucks were getting charged $59.99.

Triller at least had one decent fight. Yikes.

Back