International NSW Health limits residents of locked-down tower block to six beers per day

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...y/news-story/0e387ceccee145a611ddb6e38872d3d5

Residents in a Sydney tower block under a strict coronavirus lockdown are having their alcohol deliveries policed.

Residents in apartment blocks locked-down by NSW Health are having their alcohol deliveries policed as part of a policy to limit the number of drinks being consumed each day.

NSW Health has imposed rules limiting people in “NSW Health controlled buildings” to a certain amount of alcohol each day in a bid to “ensure the safety of health staff and residents”.

Mission Australia’s Common Ground building in Camperdown is the latest building where occupants are subjected to the harsh rules.

Residents of the social housing estate have complained that care packages sent by friends and relatives have been searched before they are delivered.

“They are searching all bags and things coming into the building … They confiscated a series of gifts. So things like bottles of spirits, we weren’t allowed to have those and we still (aren’t),” Common Ground resident Robin Elhaj said.

Residents are allowed to receive a ration of one of the following: six beers or pre-mixed drinks, one bottle of wine, or one 375ml bottle of spirits.

Excess alcohol is being confiscated until lockdown rules are lifted.

Residents can consult with a clinician if they think they need more than the allowed limit.

A Sydney Local Health District spokeswoman confirmed the limits are in place in NSW Health’s Special Health Accomodation, where Covid-positive patients and close contacts are sent for isolation.

However it is unclear what powers NSW Health has to limit the delivery of alcohol to people isolating in their own homes; public health orders do not mention alcohol limits.

A NSW Police spokeswoman said Police officers are not confiscating alcohol delivered to residential buildings, and do not have powers to do so.

“In all residential lockdown locations, NSW Police are there to ensure compliance with the Public Health Orders and assist NSW Health if required,” the Police spokeswoman said.

A spokeswoman for the Sydney Local Health District said when NSW Health took control of apartment buildings for the purposes of limiting the spread of coronavirus, the buildings became subject to alcohol consumption restrictions.

Well, Australia began as a penal colony so I guess its fitting it's government effectively turns it back into one with its Covid related actions...

Meanwhile in Wisconsin

17% increase in 2020 from 2019 lol

6 beers? In my twenties that would have just warmed me up.

Sorry mates. Your government sucks ass.

I talked to a guy in Australia a couple days ago. He was pissed. He said, "My nana and granddad might still be alive but that doesn't really fucking matter if I can't have my fill of Foster's now does it??"

6 beers is about a month’s worth for me, so I’d be fine. Sucks for those who enjoy their brew though.

No problem tubby.

I deserved that. I would kill for your body, dude. (No homo.)

joerogan.jpg

Back