International NSW Health limits residents of locked-down tower block to six beers per day

It's quite embarrassing that a dude with a beard like this has such awful takedown defence.

47729039-9975767-image-a-11_1631232832898.jpg

In all seriousness though this is absolutely crackers.

the same community that drive up the infection number

Breaking news over a guy not wearing a mask. Cuck country

It was news because there was footage, he allegedly had a heart condition (which is possibly an exemption from having to wear a mask anyway) and had to be defribillated, after which his enraged family scuffled with the police. Apparently he also had a knife.

That’s nothing if you look at their neighbor Melbourne, we are still stuck in curfews and prolonged lockdowns. There was a backlash last year but now it’s been NORMALIZED.

While the rest of the world are going back to their normal lives and they have 3x higher daily cases!! FFS.

Residents can consult with a clinician if they think they need more than the allowed limit.

Residents can consult with a clinician if they think they need more than the allowed limit.

the doctor says i can only have one beer each day. so i ordered one.

1*gHpyVQ35qiyvbZy1rebF9w.jpeg

I wonder how public housing residents in Sydney go at the moment, getting a bulk billed GP appointment that appreciates their dependence on alcohol.
Not that even total "dry zones" for public housing residents are a new thing, just rare outside of the indigenous communities.

Meanwhile, in Eastern Sydney today...

So the health authority in that area has the blanket right to search all private property and confiscate any of it that falls under what I assume is a published list of restricted materials? That’s an incredible amount of emergency power, is that explicitly stated in their mandate or is it assumed power?

It was news because there was footage, he allegedly had a heart condition (which is possibly an exemption from having to wear a mask anyway) and had to be defribillated, after which his enraged family scuffled with the police. Apparently he also had a knife.

Ok…. Go on… wait, that’s it? Lol

Omg! A knife and maskless. Rookie criminal

Ok…. Go on… wait, that’s it? Lol

Omg! A knife and maskless. Rookie criminal

It's Australian news. It's not like we have a constant litany of mass shootings to fill it.
The importance was more the fact that he had some sort of medical episode while being detained for something which his alleged condition would have given him an exemption for. Even if he was wrong about not having to tell the police about it, and generally being belligerent with the police is a poor idea.

It's Australian news. It's not like we have a constant litany of mass shootings to fill it.

Won’t argue there… live outside Houston. There’s pros there. Always shooting each other and Democrat DA’s and Judges keep letting them go.

I avoid the city like the plague.

Won’t argue there… live outside Houston. There’s pros there. Always shooting each other and Democrat DA’s and Judges keep letting them go.

I avoid the city like the plague.

It would have been a name and shame story if it was just another person flouting the restrictions and/or freaking out, our ex PM Tony made the news for copping a fine for no mask yesterday (and humourously had a shot at snitches for being "unAustralian").
The fact that this guy may have been exempt and had to be defibrillated after having an episode while handcuffed changed that, even if he was belligerent with the cops and carrying a knife.

Aside from the fact that noone drinks Fosters here, you might be surprised by the priorities of many of the people in Sydney's public housing complexes.

Sorry to break it to you, bucko, but I have it on good authority that "Foster's" is Australian for "beer".

Sorry to break it to you, bucko, but I have it on good authority that "Foster's" is Australian for "beer".

Yeah, I've heard that's their marketing. I think they are owned by South Africans now (edit: nope, the South Africans were bought out by Americans a few years back).

Meanwhile in Wisconsin

17% increase in 2020 from 2019 lol

I have noticed an uptick of withdrawals in the ICU that are fucked. Not huge numbers but out of 38 beds around 5 are fried alcoholics

I have noticed an uptick of withdrawals in the ICU that are fucked. Not huge numbers but out of 38 beds around 5 are fried alcoholics

you work in an icu? How many of those 38 beds Covid peeps in your area?

I remember when business closures here were at their worst and liquor store were still open people called that out, but the reasoning was if alcoholics couldn’t get their fix, they’d be filling up the hospitals in withdrawal as much as the Covid patients

That’s nothing if you look at their neighbor Melbourne, we are still stuck in curfews and prolonged lockdowns. There was a backlash last year but now it’s been NORMALIZED.

While the rest of the world are going back to their normal lives and they have 3x higher daily cases!! FFS.
Yeah, but those more open countries have much higher double dose vaccination rates. We'll be back to something more normal in 6-8 weeks I suspect, in time for the summer and Xmas. Vaccination keeps the hosptalisation numbers down, flatenning the curve without need of lockdowns.

Now that the pfizer supply is here, you'll see our vaxx numbers increase fast.

Last edited:
Lol, Australia is spiraling down the toilet. In reverse of course.

you work in an icu? How many of those 38 beds Covid peeps in your area?

I remember when business closures here were at their worst and liquor store were still open people called that out, but the reasoning was if alcoholics couldn’t get their fix, they’d be filling up the hospitals in withdrawal as much as the Covid patients
I'd have to count but it's roughly half and yes a few are vaccinated but they are also trash heaps

I'd have to count but it's roughly half and yes a few are vaccinated but they are also trash heaps

Cool. That fits about what I’ve heard elsewhere. Significant number of covid patients. Mostly (80-95%) unvaccinated with a few vaccinated ones who really aren’t healthy at all to begin with

Cool. That fits about what I’ve heard elsewhere. Significant number of covid patients. Mostly (80-95%) unvaccinated with a few vaccinated ones who really aren’t healthy at all to begin with
I have no idea why people will do anything other than lose weight and stop smoking. Literally do nothing except take the shot. Not super shocked given they normally don't do anything other than take their meds for heart failure or whatever they're in for again this month.

Back