Law NYC to require Vaccine Passports. UPDATE: Now required for ALL employment, kids 5-11, and 2 doses

Can you see how US citizens might be a bit leery about following the recommendations of, as you put it, "The most corrupt democratic country in the world"?

Of course I see that. Are Americans so myopic that they don't look around and see what other countries are doing?

There will never be “zero covid-19” cases.

If that’s your requirement before going back to normal, then you are going to be waiting for 100s of years. I’m not joking.
Well zi definitely think masks are/should be here to stay as well as some other adjustments going forward. We need mandatory vaccines, proof of vaccination, etc. We may never get rid of it, but we need to comply to keep cases at a minimum

And that is why it is here to stay. A bunch of Republicans who turned a health issue into a political issue and are more worried about their stupid freedoms than doing what is right

There will never be zero covid-19 cases.

There will never be zero influenza cases.

Let’s lock everyone up until we can end influenza as well?? What about the people that die from despair? Depression? Economic downturns? People’s livelihoods?

Well zi definitely think masks are/should be here to stay as well as some other adjustments going forward. We need mandatory vaccines, proof of vaccination, etc. We may never get rid of it, but we need to comply to keep cases at a minimum

Don’t forget the booster vaccines!!

People will be taking them for the next 100 years! We need to give up our lives, just in case someone dies!!!

This is never going to end.

Are Americans so myopic that they don't look around and see what other countries are doing?

Yes.

In America, we are taught that we are exceptional and a "Beacon on the hill." In fact, we are SO exceptional, that we can bomb countries to spread "freedom" and still claim moral high ground.

Besides, it's hard to disentangle America from vaccination policies overall, as much of their development and promotion are done by Americans (e.g., the head of Pfizer was the FDA Commissioner just a few years ago). It seems that many other countries follow the US's lead on these matters, which is also NOT inspiring.

Yes.

In America, we are taught that we are exceptional and a "Beacon on the hill." In fact, we are SO exceptional, that we can bomb countries to spread "freedom" and still claim moral high ground.

Besides, it's hard to disentangle America from vaccination policies overall, as much of their development and promotion are done by Americans (e.g., the head of Pfizer was the FDA Commissioner just a few years ago). It seems that many other countries follow the US's lead on these matters, which is also NOT inspiring.

Ya.. it was actually a rhetorical question

The thing about these emergency laws is that they are never repealed after the emergency. The emergency is used as an excuse to increase authoritarian control over the people.

“It’s only two weeks to flatten the curve, man”

Why stop at Covid? Let’s lock the world down until Covid, Influenza, the common cold, all and every illness is destroyed ... and THEN, and only then, can we go back to normal!

So your point is that Americans should look to OTHER countries in order to determine their health choices?

Only if they don't trust their own governmental agencies? Perhaps they should just focus on countries that have better health care.

And that is why it is here to stay. A bunch of Republicans who turned a health issue into a political issue and are more worried about their stupid freedoms than doing what is right

Our freedoms are significantly more important than what you perceive is "right." Defending our freedoms is by far the most important thing. Otherwise, we'd wake up in a dystopia like Australia.

But they (the invaccinated) are insisting private and government entities serve unvaccinated people.

If people don't want to vaccinate, it's their choice, but they don't have the right to force other people to accomadate them. Business and government have the right to refuse service to anyone not following rules maent to keep everyone safe.
You mean the unvaccinated don't support open discrimination. And once again, we are still talking about a 99%+ survival rate virus.

If the government, or a business, or an individual is so scared of a 99%+ survival rate virus then they need to make the personal choice to shut down and stay home.

Keep your bitch assedness away from the rest of us.

I think you are confused so I'll waste a moment of my day to clarify. I've already had COVID earlier this year. Wasn't a lot of fun, was sick for a couple of weeks but ultimately not too bad.

However, I have a 73 year old asthmatic mother and a 94 year old grandmother that are both high risk for serious COVID effects. Am I scared for myself? Not at all, been there done that, got vaccinated.

Why did I get vaccinated? Because I have to be concerned about the people around me that could get very sick from COVID that unlike me are not young enough or healthy enough to fight it off.

The narrative in the US is that most people think its just a flu and it won't do much if they get it. The problem is, we are surrounded by people that can and do get very ill from COVID. Vaccination allows us to protect them. I don't see how this is so complicated. I'm not "scared" for myself or for my 25 year old daughter (who works in the mental health care industry and was vaccinated early). However, I do not want to be responsible for making people I care about sick.

Is this too complicate a concept for you or are you too fucking self absorbed and or selfish to give a shit about people around you?
The vaccine doesn't even curb the spread of the virus, so your point about vaccines is mute. Furthermore my point still stands.

If you are scared for your granny, then make her stay home, tell her to only answer the door with a hazmat suit on.

I'm willing to bet your granny isn't as scared as you, and if she was able, would still be out in public living her best life.

Also getting real tired of people talking about masks and vaccines like they are end all be all. If you are this concerned with public health and the spread of disease, why are you not in the streets demanding people get their fat asses in shape?

As a matter of public health maybe we should round up all the fat asses and send them to fat concentration camps. After all if they cared about saving lives they wouldn't be walking around with their fat, compromised immune systems.

How's your physical health these days? Since you insist on trying to guilt me into caring about things that other people should be handling themselves.

Reactions: J_C
The vaccine doesn't even curb the spread of the virus, so your point about vaccines is mute. Furthermore my point still stands.

If you are scared for your granny, then make her stay home, tell her to only answer the door with a hazmat suit on.

I'm willing to bet your granny isn't as scared as you, and if she was able, would still be out in public living her best life.

Also getting real tired of people talking about masks and vaccines like they are end all be all. If you are this concerned with public health and the spread of disease, why are you not in the streets demanding people get their fat asses in shape?

As a matter of public health maybe we should round up all the fat asses and send them to fat concentration camps. After all if they cared about saving lives they wouldn't be walking around with their fat, compromised immune systems.

How's your physical health these days? Since you insist on trying to guilt me into caring about things that other people should be handling themselves.

People getting fat has no impact on me or the health of my family. Not sure why this is even a talking point. Last I checked "fat" is not contagious.

My personal health is great. I workout daily, eat healthy, don't drink, don't smoke, certainly don't do drugs. COVID sucked but it tends to. No issues with the two vaccinations.

People getting fat has no impact on me or the health of my family. Not sure why this is even a talking point. Last I checked "fat" is not contagious.

My personal health is great. I workout daily, eat healthy, don't drink, don't smoke, certainly don't do drugs. COVID sucked but it tends to. No issues with the two vaccinations.
You don't see how fat people with shit tier immune systems become vectors for bacteria and viruses?

Vaccine mandates definitely lowers the amount of viral load you catch and spread.

Add a mask mandate on top of that with double/quality masks and we can curb the virus to negligent levels

Vaccine mandates definitely lowers the amount of viral load you catch and spread.

Add a mask mandate on top of that with double/quality masks and we can curb the virus to negligent levels
What about the fat concentration camps, should those also be implemented?

Back