Oasis were the last true rock n' roll band, period !

Yodhin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Four working class guys from Manchester who literally didn't a damn what you thought about them. They came from poor beginnings and became rock gods. When they broke up in 2009, so ended the last true rock back in Oasis. Love them or hate them, but they embodied the rebellious rock star and they lived the life style. They were, in many ways, the last rock band before the internet and social media changed music.

59c40b108f12458ed061406a44d67191.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

iOn8PTEdR-jkLZERfoV4MNmG2sLHYKamyAS7ipolvy8fN26j-IaMysqx3Sf3xjNQJDye5b1uBQkhtkgI0zC8fEYz2Uike0UtuWjtpv9WSAg-8oQHWELnLE02zduUP6dHCsXhzKToYVG4

Oasis sucks and Wonderwall is over rated.
<NightKingBringIt>

The Gallagher brothers don't give a damn about what anyone thinks of them..?

giphy.gif

Not sure about last rock band but holy fuck they were great

Last edited:
TSOOL disagrees with you.

Oasis has some good tracks though.

Four working class guys from Manchester

59c40b108f12458ed061406a44d67191.jpg
<Y2JSmirk>

Disliked them at the time, though they have grown on me somewhat in the last 20 years somewhat, and they have 3-4 really good songs, but I would never call them a great band......though they undeniably have their place in British music history.

Always thought there were miles better bands emerging in the UK around the same time.

<Y2JSmirk>

Disliked them at the time, though they have grown on me somewhat in the last 20 years somewhat, and they have 3-4 really good songs, but I would never call them a great band......though they undeniably have their place in British music history.

Always thought there were miles better bands emerging in the UK around the same time.

Who was better - blur, radiohead ? They've sold 60 million albums and to this day Noel and Liam sell out wherever they play.

It's all a matter of opinion, but the Black Keys and Raconteurs both came later, are still going, and blow Oasis out of the water imo.

Who was better - blur, radiohead ? They've sold 60 million albums and to this day Noel and Liam sell out wherever they play.

Obviously I'm giving my opinion, and don't give a shit how many records they sold, but UK bands I liked more than Oasis at the (roughly) time (of a similar genre) were, off the top of my head, The Wildhearts, The Smiths, Stone Roses, Terrorvision, Therapy?, Manic Street Preachers, Radiohead, Placebo, Belle and Sebastian, Blur, Supergrass, The Verve.

Right... because record sales have to do with being a "true Rock N' Roll band."

I guess Avatar is true cinematic art as is all those Transformers movies because they did well at the box office.

It's all a matter of opinion, but the Black Keys and Raconteurs both came later, are still going, and blow Oasis out of the water imo.

There are lots more too like Interpol, Tame Impala still going too and also blow Oasis away.

There are lots more too like Interpol, Tame Impala still going too and also blow Oasis away.

I think he meant British.

Interpol have a nice sound, but some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard, I've often wondered what they'd be like with a decent songwriter.

I think he meant British.

Interpol have a nice sound, but some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard, I've often wondered what they'd be like with a decent songwriter.
The Racaonteurs and Black Keys aren't british and the OP didn't mention anything about being the last great BRITISH rock band. He only mentioned they were from Manchester.

Disagree with you about Interpol. They sing in a lot of metaphors you really have to explore they lyrics. Paul Banks is an amazing vocalist and one of the most distinctive singers of the 00's.

The Racaonteurs and Black Keys aren't british and the OP didn't mention anything about being the last great BRITISH rock band. He only mentioned they were from Manchester.

Disagree with you about Interpol. They sing in a lot of metaphors you really have to explore they lyrics. Paul Banks is an amazing vocalist and one of the most distinctive singers of the 00's.

I tend to cringe several times each album but each to their own lol.

Lmao.

Arctic Monkeys > Oasis

And it isn't even close

Lmao.

Arctic Monkeys > Oasis

And it isn't even close
Hahaha, picking Arctic Monkeys as an example of a great rock'n roll band shows how fucking lame this whole genre got on a mainstream level.
Why not the Foo Fighters?! I love Dave Grohl but they are lame aswell.
<36>
That being said, Oasis got one great song, Supersonic, and some good ones.
QOTSA besmirches most active mainstream "Rock" Bands based on a "Rock'n Roll" view.

Back