Oasis were the last true rock n' roll band, period !

Hahaha, picking Arctic Monkeys as an example of a great rock'n roll band shows how fucking lame this whole genre got on a mainstream level.
Why not the Foo Fighters?! I love Dave Grohl but they are lame aswell.
<36>
That being said, Oasis got one great song, Supersonic, and some good ones.
QOTSA besmirches most active mainstream "Rock" Bands based on a "Rock'n Roll" view.
I thought we were comparing British rock bands? Calm your tits.

Also Pearl Jam > Qotsa

Same with Alice in Chains cause they're still active

Never been a big Foo Fighters fan. Royal Blood is a good new rock band

There are plenty of great rock bands still around, for instance The National and The War on Drugs.

As for Oasis, I was never a big fan. Always thought they were pretty overrated. Just my opinion.

There are plenty of great rock bands still around, for instance The National and The War on Drugs.

As for Oasis, I was never a big fan. Always thought they were pretty overrated. Just my opinion.
Speaking as child of the 90s, I never liked Oasis. I'd have rather listened to Silverchair than Oasis lol.

I wish the Strokes didn't suck live cause they have a ton of great songs. Julian is one of the most uninspiring singers ever on stage. The rest of the band is great though.

Speaking as child of the 90s, I never liked Oasis. I'd have rather listened to Silverchair than Oasis lol.

Yeah Silverchair had some great stuff that I'd take over Oasis any day.

Not much love for Oasis lol fair enough. Just funny that topic was set up as they are my favourite band and I'm completely biased on this

At least all the other bands named here are also decent and I dig them, too :D

QUOTE="TeTe, post: 160366137, member: 179171"]I wish the Strokes didn't suck live cause they have a ton of great songs. Julian is one of the most uninspiring singers ever on stage. The rest of the band is great though.[/QUOTE]

New record is OK. Glad its not completely Julian solo weird out as the previous one. First 2 albums are awesome and played to death by me. It's a shame they were always lazy as fuck and not touring a lot (in Europe). Especially during their prime. I only catched them once at the Room On Fire tour when they played in Berlin.

I've never listened to a National studio track, but I did see them live a few years back cause a friend had an extra ticket. They put on a good show. Still couldn't name a single song though.

I thought we were comparing British rock bands? Calm your tits.

Also Pearl Jam > Qotsa

Same with Alice in Chains cause they're still active

Never been a big Foo Fighters fan. Royal Blood is a good new rock band
All good here. And yea, Pearl Jam are pretty solid and I had some good memories listening to Ten, VS., and Vitology. Black is a masterpiece, just like Elderly Women behind the counter in a small town.
And nope. Neither Pearl Jam nor Alice in Chains hold a Candle to the catalogue of QOTSA. Better Albums? More influental? Maybe/ yes. And I love Alice in Chains and the colab Mad Season.
But still, I believe we have a different view of Rock'n Roll.

I've never listened to a National studio track, but I did see them live a few years back cause a friend had an extra ticket. They put on a good show. Still couldn't name a single song though.

I like pretty much all of their albums but I highly recommend Boxer.

I saw them for the first time around 07-08. Small show, it was great. Lead singer was usually extremely hammered and a hilarious mess. They're good live imho.

All good here. And yea, Pearl Jam are pretty solid and I had some good memories listening to Ten, VS., and Vitology. Black is a masterpiece, just like Elderly Women behind the counter in a small town.
And nope. Neither Pearl Jam nor Alice in Chains hold a Candle to the catalogue of QOTSA. Better Albums? More influental? Maybe/ yes. And I love Alice in Chains and the colab Mad Season.
But still, I believe we have a different view of Rock'n Roll.
I was just throwing those names out there because technically they are still active even though they are really a different genre at this point. Hell, the Stones are still active.

I will say that I agree the current state of rock sucks ass. When you have bands like Weezer selling out to the EDM movement, you know we're in trouble. That's why bands like Greta Van Fleet are selling thousands of tickets to their shows.

Without Oasis there would be no Arctic Monkeys, The Killers etc.

lol

Irony is so strong here, considering people said Oasis ripped off a bunch of bands that came before them.*

*both are clearly dumb claims.

they certainly had the Roll down pat....but IMO they were missing the Rock by and large...

this was my fav by them

lol

Irony is so strong here, considering people said Oasis ripped off a bunch of bands that came before them.*

*both are clearly dumb claims.

Nothing to do with irony at all. They never made a secret of being massive Beatles and Stones or Stone Roses fans. Every band has their musical inspirations for sure. So with that being said without Oasis as soundtrack to their youth(AM) or attending gigs of them(Killers) most of the early-mid 00s bands wouldn't be there or sound different. All these bands mentioned that on their own by the way in several interviews etc.

Nothing to do with irony at all. They never made a secret of being massive Beatles and Stones or Stone Roses fans. Every band has their musical inspirations for sure. So with that being said without Oasis as soundtrack to their youth(AM) or attending gigs of them(Killers) most of the early-mid 00s bands wouldn't be there or sound different. All these bands mentioned that on their own by the way in several interviews etc.

Yeah, an Oasis fan smuggly claiming 'band x' would not exist without Oasis is the epitome of irony, son.

I don't claim anything nor being smugly when this is a fact <Lmaoo>

https://www.live4ever.uk.com/2012/05/arctic-monkeys-alex-turner-praises-oasis-inspiration/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/a...-noel-gallagher-cheating-girlfriend-inspired/

Also as I already said they didn't attempt to hide the influence and even saying by themselves "we ripped off the Beatles"

Maybe you are bitter towards them bc they are ManShitty die-hards or something else. Seems like the only reasonable explanation here.

tenor.gif

I think my only real issue with Oasis is they partly started a trend of British guitar music becoming derivative, whereas generally speaking it had always been evolving and moving forward prior to then. It's not entirely their fault, but going from stuff like shoegaze to Britpop was a bit jarring.

As for the quality of their output, they're just kind of there to me. They don't suck, they have a handful of songs I like and an awful lot I'm indifferent about.

At least they're not the fucking Libertines.

I liked the britpop scene which is probably the only great thing that came out from 90s music. I feel indifferent to grunge

I think they said The Jam and the Smiths were also their big influences

Back