Multiplatform Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II/Warzone 2 Disc **S5

CODNext event live today @ 9:30am PT / 12:30pm ET / 5:30pm UK

Tom Henderson update on Warzone 2

https://tryhardguides.com/warzone-2s-map-is-named-al-mazrah-all-poi-locations/

Following on from our exclusive report in May 2022, sources have provided an updated map image of Warzone 2's new map with its POI locations.

Warzone 2's map is named "AL MAZRAH".

A new image, that was provided under the condition that the image does not go public shows all 18 POI locations that I've previously reported and drawn, however some of the POI names have since changed. All the 18 POI's are as follows:

• Oasis
  • Wartorn – Now called "Taraq Village"
  • Quarry
  • Oilfield – Now called "Rohan Oil"
  • Modern City – Now called "Al Mazrah City"
  • Caves
  • Dam – Now called "Hydroelectric"
  • Marshes – Now called "Marshlands"
  • Harbour – Now called "Port"
  • Sira – Now called "Sa'id City"
  • Observatory
  • Mountain Town – Now called "Al Sharim Pass"
  • Graveyard – Now called "Cemetery"
  • Oldtown – Now called "Abkdar Village"
  • Shipwreck – Now called "Sawah Village"
  • Fishtown – Now called Sarrif Bay"
  • Fort – Now called "Fortress"
  • Airport

cod-warzone-2-map-leak.jpg

In typical Activision/Blizzard fashion they are stealing every other FPS title idea to place them in Warzone 2.

No wonder COD is going away from a yearly release schedule. Patch cadence Warzone 2.0 will require is gonna eat up all developer time.

New MP trailer; well received with many calling the instalment back to form. Sweetness for a lot of community has been the new spike-to-surface penetrating nade + swap to secondary animation, which you can see around the 0m 48s mark:

I think their going with licensing (and remixing) of Bullet with Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins to be rad as hell for this. Quintessential 90s.

been playing the beta i kinda like the game less cancel slide movement weirdness, more kinda tactical always need to ads ,check corners. so far i like the gunsmith

Sooo good, FOV, VRR at 1440p at 120fps is a dream.

Dunno about the maps but it feels like an upgraded MW '19.

I suck, but getting used to sling and diving on the KBM. Had a few great games, but I really miss lobbies, and this SBMM thing still sucks. You go from bein really good in one lobby then get ripped a new one by a kid.

Have to say I really don't like what I'm hearing. The no perks and no slide canceling especially sucks balls.

Last edited:

Have to say I really don't like what I'm hearing. The no perks and no slide canceling especially sucks balls.

UIs for both (MWII, WZ2) feel like a step back + dated aesthetic. Heaps of good, bad, ugly right now; hard to get a holistic feel for what's going to be Duty for the next two years. Reload animation staging where you can't cancel out from the last frame entered but rather have to alt-swap (for secondary-above-primary fire not unlike the real-life Harries technique used by law enforcement) to finish the animation and again fire primary is going to be a venom for many.

Heads-up for PC operators as we enter the last beta phase:

Waxing nostalgic: <Lmaoo>

You playing the Beta Val? Such mixed feelings on this. I feel like a bit of a downgrade from mw19 but better than Vanguard for me so I’m still buying it:

still shocking they got rid of some things and changed up the perk system. It does feel like my guy is a bit clunky slow. The gunfights do fuck up visibility . Lots of complaints like usual but I’m still going to buy it and play.

I'm having fun with it for the most part, I like the gameplay and they've ironed out some things, Invasion games have been a bit laggy when a big group goes to battle in a small area though. Leaning towards pre-ordering.

You playing the Beta Val? Such mixed feelings on this. I feel like a bit of a downgrade from mw19 but better than Vanguard for me so I’m still buying it:

still shocking they got rid of some things and changed up the perk system. It does feel like my guy is a bit clunky slow. The gunfights do fuck up visibility . Lots of complaints like usual but I’m still going to buy it and play.
Sure am; torn too (perk system changes + mini-map are no bueno) but like you will also be buying as I'm betting on pros far outweighing cons. I have faith in IW with campaign likely another bar-raiser. WPN handling feels good (looking pretty too) but sprint-to movements feel off and with words failing me, I feel MW19 had an x-factor this doesn't – but for a beta build with so much locked down, that's a rash take right now, TBF. Really looking forward to DMZ heroics and general third-person play. The char models are also generally impressive, especially at point of selection. I think TTK needs some (holistic) attention (too first-to-see, first-to-kill) and not by way of overclocking operator HP in some rotated-in/out mode. This is where I'm at right now.

Have not played cod since the last black ops. Have about an hour into the beta and am enjoying it. Mw1 was flaming garbage with horrible camp maps and spawn trapping. So far this one seems more manageable.

Sure am; torn too (perk system changes + mini-map are no bueno) but like you will also be buying as I'm betting on pros far outweighing cons. I have faith in IW with campaign likely another bar-raiser. WPN handling feels good (looking pretty too) but sprint-to movements feel off and with words failing me, I feel MW19 had an x-factor this doesn't – but for a beta build with so much locked down, that's a rash take right now, TBF. Really looking forward to DMZ heroics and general third-person play. The char models are also generally impressive, especially at point of selection. I think TTK needs some (holistic) attention (too first-to-see, first-to-kill) and not by way of overclocking operator HP in some rotated-in/out mode. This is where I'm at right now.
Yup the TTK is so damn quick, I cant see through the muzzle flash, and the sound seems botched. MW19 beta was mediocre but the game was great, I think this beta is good, especially since its based on a year old build...

I feel like we need a better visibility system, I cant see the enemies most of the time....

Yup the TTK is so damn quick, I cant see through the muzzle flash, and the sound seems botched. MW19 beta was mediocre but the game was great, I think this beta is good, especially since its based on a year old build...

I feel like we need a better visibility system, I cant see the enemies most of the time....
Agrees. The graphics are pretty washed but my understanding is the final pass on the graphics is one of the last things to happen.

Sound is confusing. Seems like treyarch is the only studio to get it right for cod.

Agrees. The graphics are pretty washed but my understanding is the final pass on the graphics is one of the last things to happen.

Sound is confusing. Seems like treyarch is the only studio to get it right for cod.
DW, this looked better than MW beta imo.

Final product is gonna be a looker, especially the campaign.

Played some more tonight and I now have major problems. Infinity ward changing things just to change them.

Gun fire doesn't make you show up on the mini map. The most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a cod iteration. Just ridiculous

The perk system is terrible. Can't specify which perks you want individually and most of them aren't even on for most of the match.

The attachment progression is a baffling a mystery. You have to use a different gun to unlock the attachment for the gun I'm using. Just stupid stupid stupid.

Very bad decisions.

Back