Multiplatform Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II/Warzone 2 Disc **S5

Feel you. Related, Activision and IW to that end are promising this iteration that WZ and MWII, for example, will be cleaner at point of installation so separate files and no more Pack 1, Pack 2, Pack 3 management; I assume this goes for application data as well but I know these guys want us in their product web so not 100 how backend is being done. Reasons I remember for Duty file sizes were textures, shortsighted compression, and sheer number of map + store assets every game.

Wait, does that mean MWII will be able to be installed without forcing us to install Warzone 2? Because that is what pisses me off the most about MW1 and Cold War, the fact that it gives you options to install the campaign vs multiplayer vs spec ops, but it does not give you the option to forgo Warzone, which is what I would do if given the option because I do not like Warzone one bit, and yet there it is, between MW and CW taking up like a quarter of my storage space.

Wait, does that mean MWII will be able to be installed without forcing us to install Warzone 2? Because that is what pisses me off the most about MW1 and Cold War, the fact that it gives you options to install the campaign vs multiplayer vs spec ops, but it does not give you the option to forgo Warzone, which is what I would do if given the option because I do not like Warzone one bit, and yet there it is, between MW and CW taking up like a quarter of my storage space.
Yeah, exactly that. Big QoL bump for player file management.

I remember a long time ago reading too that when WZ was an unknown, no-one knew it would blow up like it did and end up where it has, so this snowballed into the crossover Charlie Fox we have right now from file management to weapons balancing across instalments. WZ alone has afforded its players lucrative careers in content creation (selectively, of course); this is the impact the venture has had. WZ2 is doing away with all the current entanglement because the concept is proven so it's going to have long, autonomous legs going forward. Am interested to see where they take this.

I remember a long time ago reading too that when WZ was an unknown, no-one knew it would blow up like it did and end up where it has, so this snowballed into the crossover Charlie Fox we have right now from file management to weapons balancing across instalments. WZ alone has afforded its players lucrative careers in content creation (selectively, of course); this is the impact the venture has had. WZ2 is doing away with all the current entanglement because the concept is proven so it's going to have long, autonomous legs going forward. Am interested to see where they take this.

If they don't announce a resurgence island modr I believe many people will stick to warzone 1. I think keeping warzone 1 is a very risky move by them. Especially with the radical departures in gameplay that many might dislike.

Go back to blackout. That was the GOAT battle royale game/mode. Warzone seems like an overcomplicated mess.

Some cool map news (loved Favela):

If they don't announce a resurgence island mode I believe many people will stick to warzone 1. I think keeping warzone 1 is a very risky move by them. Especially with the radical departures in gameplay that many might dislike.

Yeah so according to leaks they plan on removing resurgence islands from warzone 1by the time warzone 2 releases it's the most logical move cause so many players have become exclusively resurgence players.

They need to announce a new resurgence for warzone 2 though, simply removing from warzone 1 is not enough.

Yeah so according to leaks they plan on removing resurgence islands from warzone 1by the time warzone 2 releases it's the most logical move cause so many players have become exclusively resurgence players.

They need to announce a new resurgence for warzone 2 though, simply removing from warzone 1 is not enough.
I see them definitely going the cat-herding route and getting everyone onto one product where feasible. I remember how vocal the community was when we got older remasters but only for SP because Activision didn't want the MP playerbase to split and thin across two like products.

Y2 roadmap talk (and fan-fave Black Ops maps rumored included):

Not going to complain about more maps but I'm sick of the same maps every stinking game. So I am gonna complain about more maps.
Yeah, buying a map pack is fine with me if it delivers; can't overstate myself the role map variety plays in my sticking with a title. MWII being unique amongst Duty for it being a two-year title, I'm thinking we'll be seeing other lifecycle decisions like this to keep things fun and fresh: fat map packs, numerous WPN introductions for upside-down metas, fleshed-out battle passes and operator challenges, modes new and old (like DMZ), and such.

PSA for PC operators and to add, false bans still haven't been addressed by Activision to the irritation of many:

I haven’t bought a CoD since Advanced Warfare, but I’ll definitely get this one for the Campaign alone. Hopefully the Multiplayer holds up as well. I haven’t played FPS MPs in awhile.

Schreier's confirming we're getting in addition to Y2 nostalgia map pack a blown-out SP campaign expansion. This is what I meant when talking lifecycle decisions for this instalment and I'm stoked to hear the latest. If anyone reading this is new to Duty or considering readying up after years on the sideline, MWII is shaping up to be a really fun and well-supported title to make for a return to action, IMO.

Did any operators from TF Dawg go with the Vault Edition? Went rather with the Cross-gen bundle myself + Oni pack. The content value of the Vault Edition didn't add up for me; other than BP inclusion for a 10€ value, I wasn't feeling the rest and would rather pick up some vanity from the store when something tickles my fancy.

Fun facts as of today (Saturday) for the dawgpound:

/TF141 out

TF141-removebg-preview.png

Ok so they've changed the sbmm for warzone 1 to prepare the players for warzone 2.

It's not great tbh the lobbies are super sweaty at least initially I'm not having as much fun as I used to.

Early access to the campaign begins today, I'm looking forward to checking it out after work.

The most impressive COD campaign yet imo. 3 hours in and the variety in missions is insane, and the detail for some of these locations are mind blowing. Its not as bombastic and over the top as the original, its a lot more subdued and just as fun.

Cold War's campaign was damn great but it didnt have the variety that this one has, and that one was my favourite since the original MW games.

Back