Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

Goddaaaaaamn the slayer gate on level 3 of Ancient Gods part 1 is fucking brutal.

The possessed marauder after 4-5 waves of double archviles, tyrants, blood makyrs and everything else. ive had to tap out for the moment...

I just flat out gave up on the slayer gates in the DLC. I conceded that I simply was not good enough to beat them. They’re too hard for me.

LOL can't wait. How is the first DLC overall?

It's great, just twice as hard as the main game wasn't prepared to get stomped as much lol, I'm on the last boss now.

I just flat out gave up on the slayer gates in the DLC. I conceded that I simply was not good enough to beat them. They’re too hard for me.

Yeah understandable, I beat the first two but I can't be bothered doing that third gate over and over again so I've just skipped it.

I'm away for work tomorrow for a few weeks so just want to finish the dlc now.

Last edited:
Just finished Taras Nabad and the first Nekravol. Love the soul factory. I don't know if it fits Doom canon but being the source of argent energy is such a cool idea. .

Just finished Taras Nabad and the first Nekravol. Love the soul factory. I don't know if it fits Doom canon but being the source of argent energy is such a cool idea. .
Doom canon is whatever Hugo says it is lol

What do you mean by Doom canon? If you’re talking about 2016/Eternal then sure.

If you’re talking classic Doom from 1993, well then it doesn’t matter:

1448384958892.jpg

What do you mean by Doom canon? If you’re talking about 2016/Eternal then sure.

If you’re talking classic Doom from 1993, well then it doesn’t matter:

1448384958892.jpg
Yeah I was wondering more about classic Doom. I know Eternal's story has been criticized for going off the rails a bit but I haven't seen anything too weird in the main campaign, unless it has something to do with the earlier games.

They need to redo duke nukem in the vein of the new Doom games

I'd love it. Just imagine what Duke's glory kills would be like

Didn’t they actually have something analogous to glory kills in Duke Nukem Forever? They weren’t called glory kills, iirc they were called executions or something, but I remember if you damaged an enemy enough you could get in close and then like stomp them out or break their neck and doing so would boost Duke’s “ego” which was effectively a Halo style shield for the game.

Finding my sessions with 2016 end out of boredom rather than getting stuck. Doom Eternal has truly spoiled me. I wonder how they'll top it with the next installment

Reactions: HHJ
100% nightmare done. So back to TAG I guess even though I still don't feel like I'm playing properly. I've watched a lot of good players now and their movement, gunplay and decision making under pressure are all on another level.

Finding my sessions with 2016 end out of boredom rather than getting stuck. Doom Eternal has truly spoiled me. I wonder how they'll top it with the next installment
Still worth it just for the testaments.

Reactions: HHJ
First mission went a lot smoother this time. Until the last arena anyway.

Yo we heard you like marauders!

Finished both DLCs. Did everything except that crazy slayer gate towards the end of TAG 1. Tried it for a few hours but that's a really hard fight. Maybe another day if I attempt them again on nightmare.

TAG 1 was definitely harder and more frustrating so I probably had more fun with TAG 2. Its levels were nicer looking and the start of Immora is fucking badass. It also introduces the hammer which is crazy good. Didn't like the boss fights but the arenas were amazing.

Finished both DLCs. Did everything except that crazy slayer gate towards the end of TAG 1. Tried it for a few hours but that's a really hard fight. Maybe another day if I attempt them again on nightmare.

TAG 1 was definitely harder and more frustrating so I probably had more fun with TAG 2. Its levels were nicer looking and the start of Immora is fucking badass. It also introduces the hammer which is crazy good. Didn't like the boss fights but the arenas were amazing.
The one that basically starts with two Archviles?

Back