Official Nioh 2 Disc: PC & PS5 Collection launch 05 FEB 21!

Dizzy

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
DohMN4dz6BNLZxY4J9WSrn.png

Closed alpha was just announced for May 24th-June 2nd, trailer below:

Looks like we’ll be getting the same treatment in terms of the alpha/beta demos as the first.

DohMN4dz6BNLZxY4J9WSrn.png

Closed alpha was just announced for May 24th-June 2nd, trailer below:

Looks like we’ll be getting the same treatment in terms of the alpha/beta demos as the first.

Nice looks like they added more variety to the enemies as well. My only complaint with the original game.

Too bad it's a closed alpha. Hopefully they do an open beta like the first game. I played the shit out of that thing.

Too bad it's a closed alpha. Hopefully they do an open beta like the first game. I played the shit out of that thing.
I’d be surprised if they don’t. The open alphas/betas for Nioh helped shape the game a lot.

I never enjoyed the open beta for Nioh. It wasn't until I got the actual game that I really liked it. Then again I don't think I put any real time into just kind of played with it for 30 mins and moved on.

I’d be surprised if they don’t. The open alphas/betas for Nioh helped shape the game a lot.
Yeah they were pretty responsive to players' criticisms and recommendations with the first game so hopefully you're right. The beta definitely sold me.

I never enjoyed the open beta for Nioh. It wasn't until I got the actual game that I really liked it. Then again I don't think I put any real time into just kind of played with it for 30 mins and moved on.
I played it every free minute I had until they took it offline. It was some of the most fun I've ever had gaming. Seriously. I had never even heard of Nioh so the beta caught me completely off guard and sucked me in deep. I had more hours fighting Tachibana than many complete games. lol

I still haven't played the first one. I really need to get on that.

I still haven't played the first one. I really need to get on that.

Do it. My favorite souls games other than Shadows Die twice which to some isn't really a souls game so not sure it counts.

Is there still time to protest inhabited kodama bowls making a return?

<{outtahere}>

Dizz having another pin in the bank here. In.

Shit, I need to get through Nioh, and Sekiro, and Dark Souls remastered, and DS3, and DS2's dlc.

Pass. Nioh was abysmal imo. My best friend loves it though.

I hope people will stream this on Twitch or make impressions vids on YT.
Is there some kind of NDA on stuff like this?

As someone who enjoyed Sekiro a lot, I was looking forward for Nioh 2. But I didn't like what I saw from the gameplay trailer tbh. Seems hack and slashey as fuck, and dodge based rather than parry based.

Closed alpha stream. This guy helped write the strategy guide for Nioh 1, IIRC.

After clearing pretty much everything in all three Dark Souls games, and at the end of Bloodborne (what a ride, I don't want to end it) I've been looking for something to keep my Souls-like fix going. I picked up Lords of the Fallen, and like it enough, but Nioh's the shit. I like it better than Sekiro, which I also picked up.

I put about three hours into Sekiro last week, and haven't picked it back up. I'll get back to it eventually surely, but I bought Nioh after work today, and had to force myself to put it down. It's almost 3am, and I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow faaaak lol

The combat in this is so tight. I love the stance switches, and being to able to recoup stamina to keep the action going. It's so addicting. The level design is way better than I thought it was going to be too, reminds me of DS2.

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear about Nioh 2. I love a good franchise, and they way they're weaving historically accurate and mythological Japanese lore is as tasty as the juicy combat. It's great to see Team Ninja in fine form again too. I was never a big DOA player (dat beach volleyball though), but I loved Ninja Gaiden on the OG Xbox.

Back