Official Nioh 2 Disc: PC & PS5 Collection launch 05 FEB 21!

Just got Kurama Sword Dance from Yoshitty. Apparently this is where katana gets fun.
Loved Kurama SD. Enjoy, bud. The combo finisher really puts the hurt on. Lol @ Yoshitty. Hey, now...

Loved Kurama SD. Enjoy, bud. The combo finisher really puts the hurt on. Lol @ Yoshitty. Hey, now...
Yeah he's actually one of the best bosses in the game lol and I farmed him in Samurai difficulty so he died in like 5 hits

Pretty short session this evening. Took down the Owl and did the first Twilight Mission. It had a recommended level of 20, I over estimated my level (I'm 63) and it was still pretty tough. Finished it anyway.

Pretty short session this evening. Took down the Owl and did the first Twilight Mission. It had a recommended level of 20, I over estimated my level (I'm 63) and it was still pretty tough. Finished it anyway.
Congrats! The recommended stage levels and difficulty ratings per equipped build (grave icons) are pretty out of whack, IMO, so you're right not to worry about being overlevelled. This game is overlevelled, lol.

Gear is around 190 +15. Need 540 more lapis lazuli to upgrade my drop rates in the underworld. Literally everything in this game is a grind.

Ok first piece of gear max leveled. 200 +120 splitstaff. Final attack rating of 6828. Can be improved by manipulating guardian spirit modifiers apparently. I've rolled attack on all of my armor and got attack bonus stats on the weapon so it's pretty much min maxed.

Congrats! The recommended stage levels and difficulty ratings per equipped build (grave icons) are pretty out of whack, IMO, so you're right not to worry about being overlevelled. This game is overlevelled, lol.
Updating, I still have cow like movement and the stamina recovery of a sloth (yellow weight) but the huge sword does big damage, I got one that has scaling with courage.

The valiant warrior armor is heavy af, I'm close to 40 stamina and I still get winded very fast, I'm still pumping it

Updating, I still have cow like movement and the stamina recovery of a sloth (yellow weight) but the huge sword does big damage, I got one that has scaling with courage.

The valiant warrior armor is heavy af, I'm close to 40 stamina and I still get winded very fast, I'm still pumping it
You've cannon equipped, yes? It gives a nice pushback for some breathing space after an ATK chain and every time you invest in Stam, it hits that much harder. Focus with Toyo (and choice of Spirit, cores) on Ki +n, Ki Recovery Speed, Ki Bonus per Amrita Gauge and Winded penalty mitigation (these two do not stack, mind you, so one each) and/or KI DMG/stance/guard/skill reductions if you haven't already; you should with even a few of these be less cow, more pow.

Heavier armours to include high-mids like Brave Demon are a lot of fun when high SL because you've all these points to strategise and reconcile negatives with, so make sure you're still having a blast at lower SL, dude, and not feeling like you have to run this, that. Hitting like a truck is very fun, admittedly, but to work with that, consider on playstyle in combat either to move or guard – not both. If you focus on guard bonuses, you can eat heavy elemental (nullifying over 30%, iirc) and base DMGs with still Ki to respond (Tonfa has great intrinsic block) or then go evasion/dodge Ki reductions (stackable). If you think rather you'll quickly block this, then evade, then grab an open hit….nah, you'll be absolutely spent as a heavy. A focused playstyle build will always outperform the all-man build who wants to have a little of everything; you're only at a disadvantage (with Ki, for example) if you play it to disadvantage.

You got this.

. If you think rather you'll quickly block this, then evade, then grab an open hit….nah, you'll be absolutely spent as a heavy.
Nailed it, I'm even having trouble with revenants, my past strategy was pressing square until the enemy was winded, do a grab, hold triangle, do the dashing move, strike again, do a finisher. I can't do that with the stamina regen I have right now.

I don't have a cannon equipped, I will do it today and start to mix it up.

The issue is that I'm playing odachi as if it was the tonfas, and I have to adapt. I'm having a load of fun, I can beat some enemies in a couple of strikes, instead of a couple of combos, and that's a game changer. Eg, I was having a hard time against sub zero with the tonfas, and I tried the odachi and the jumping move, that ducker couldn't stand a chance.

I defeated the lady with the birds of the darkness of the capital, that was difficult, no stamina, fog and a fast enemy, couldn't make it with the tonfas, so I touched her with teh odachi until she asked to stop

I defeated the lady with the birds of the darkness of the capital, that was difficult, no stamina, fog and a fast enemy, couldn't make it with the tonfas, so I touched her with teh odachi until she asked to stop
0dfd71e0242757592d99d0f165609500.gif

Beat Azai Nagamasa earlier. Then tried the following sub mission, which is a duel against some cunt who basically set me on fire. Fuck that, went on to the next main mission. I'll go back to that shitbag later.

Beat Azai Nagamasa earlier. Then tried the following sub mission, which is a duel against some cunt who basically set me on fire. Fuck that, went on to the next main mission. I'll go back to that shitbag later.
No shame in circling back. Some duels are ridiculous if accepting them in a course of natural succession, like Saito Toshimitsu, for example.

Used another book of reincarnation, needed around 75 stamina to get a green weight, totally different gameplay, you can dodge, combo and generally, be nimble.

Like it a bunch
I respect the commitment, samurai. Really glad you're having a blast. As you level, the burden your agility rating places on you here will lighten, ultimately seeing your grand ascension in the house of bad-assery.

I respect the commitment, samurai. Really glad you're having a blast. As you level, the burden your agility rating places on you here will lighten, ultimately seeing your grand ascension in the house of bad-assery.
Thanks! I'm rushing to the next difficulty so I can farm revenants for better gear and faster leveling

Gyuki is one of the most horrendously designed bosses I've ever came up against in any game. What were they thinking.

Back