No Spoilers Official Resident Evil Village Discussion

I’m terrible at this game. Took me forever to figure out what to do with the siege. Didn’t realize you had to run out the clock so I was running around looking for an exit like an idiot. Finally got it but damn that was frustrating.

Glad people are enjoying this. It looks cool but im going to wait until the Fall when I'm in a mood to play something spooky.

I made the mistake of getting this on the Xbox Series X instead of PC. I can't for the life of me play first person games with a controller. It feels so slow and gimped. I figured I'd just give it a chance but it's not working for me and making me hate the game. Might just bite the bullet and get it on Steam.

I made the mistake of getting this on the Xbox Series X instead of PC. I can't for the life of me play first person games with a controller. It feels so slow and gimped. I figured I'd just give it a chance but it's not working for me and making me hate the game. Might just bite the bullet and get it on Steam.
God the smoothness of the high mouse sensitivity/better graphics and way higher FPS/FOV mods etc just make PC the best way to play imo. I tried it back on the PS5 and it feels so slow and cramped. Glad I got it on the PC.
I’m terrible at this game. Took me forever to figure out what to do with the siege. Didn’t realize you had to run out the clock so I was running around looking for an exit like an idiot. Finally got it but damn that was frustrating.
Agreed, I think its a poorly done RE4 starting section imo, its more akin to RE5 which copied RE4 terribly. Its gonna be a bitch on Hardcore.
Gonna avoid the thread anyways lol. Imma play slow and avoid spoilers. The game is magnificent, Im really enjoying the hot garbage.

Haha. Capcom seems to always wanna one up every release making it more batshit crazy than the last. Went from a survival horrorish game, to over the top madness (Heisenberg fight), to CoD style. Wonder if one of DmCs writers helped with this. Still really enjoyed it and already started NG+

God the smoothness of the high mouse sensitivity/better graphics and way higher FPS/FOV mods etc just make PC the best way to play imo. I tried it back on the PS5 and it feels so slow and cramped. Glad I got it on the PC.

Agreed, I think its a poorly done RE4 starting section imo, its more akin to RE5 which copied RE4 terribly. Its gonna be a bitch on Hardcore.

Gonna avoid the thread anyways lol. Imma play slow and avoid spoilers. The game is magnificent, Im really enjoying the hot garbage.

...and bought it on PC. Much better. Still not sure I like the game but mouse aim and keyboard have made it way more tolerable.

...and bought it on PC. Much better. Still not sure I like the game but mouse aim and keyboard have made it way more tolerable.
Download the FOV mod, turn off the vignette, increase the aiming to like 93/and normal cam to 100. Turn on RT along with Max settings, turn dynamic audio to high. Its really great game so far for me. Loving it.

Had a real late night last night and finished the game. Time to complete some challenges.

Alright. About 2 hours in now and I'm digging it. Still not into the over the top stuff but it's still interesting. It reminds me more of Evil Within than Resident Evil. It's picking up now though and some of the graphics are great. I wasn't that impressed at the beginning with them but now that I'm in the main building, it looks pretty great.

And wow, what a difference HDR makes. I took some screenshots and they look fine but nowhere near like what it looked like in the game with HDR and proper lighting. I'm glad I went ahead and picked up a new monitor recently.

Got to the 1st save point... Good gaming experience so far.

Hot garbage it is not.

Love the atmosphere of the village and Dimitrescu castle so far, but Lady D is creeping me out big time.
<6>

Ok so just finished the castle and boy is lady dimitrescu one tall bitch. So far the game isn't to difficult on standard other then the start. Also kept on getting stuck not realizing some items in my inventory can be pulled apart to use in puzzles and opening doors.

Alright. About 2 hours in now and I'm digging it. Still not into the over the top stuff but it's still interesting. It reminds me more of Evil Within than Resident Evil. It's picking up now though and some of the graphics are great. I wasn't that impressed at the beginning with them but now that I'm in the main building, it looks pretty great.

And wow, what a difference HDR makes. I took some screenshots and they look fine but nowhere near like what it looked like in the game with HDR and proper lighting. I'm glad I went ahead and picked up a new monitor recently.

Did it auto enable HDR? Windows pushed an HDR update and I've noticed some games auto enabling HDR now for me. I accidentally launched Sekiro on my PC and it enabled HDR. Apparently MS is aware of the shitty HDR implementation when it comes to gaming and working on fixing it.

Did it auto enable HDR? Windows pushed an HDR update and I've noticed some games auto enabling HDR now for me. I accidentally launched Sekiro on my PC and it enabled HDR. Apparently MS is aware of the shitty HDR implementation when it comes to gaming and working on fixing it.

They've pushed out Auto HDR but I don't like that because I only want HDR games to run in HDR. It doesn't make sense to run SDR in HDR when it's not coded for it. In those examples, it looks worse.

I keep HDR off in Windows but thankfully Village has a HDR On/Off toggle and it turned on HDR despite being off in Windows. In the past, you had to have HDR turned on in Windows beforehand so thankfully games are getting better at just detecting if your monitor supports it.

My monitor only does HDR400 but it's honestly still pretty stunning. I turned it off to compare and there's no comparison. The wide range of colors and lighting makes a world of difference in a game like this. Combine that with ray tracing and some of the areas feel like real life.

They've pushed out Auto HDR but I don't like that because I only want HDR games to run in HDR. It doesn't make sense to run SDR in HDR when it's not coded for it. In those examples, it looks worse.

I keep HDR off in Windows but thankfully Village has a HDR On/Off toggle and it turned on HDR despite being off in Windows. In the past, you had to have HDR turned on in Windows beforehand so thankfully games are getting better at just detecting if your monitor supports it.

My monitor only does HDR400 but it's honestly still pretty stunning. I turned it off to compare and there's no comparison. The wide range of colors and lighting makes a world of difference in a game like this. Combine that with ray tracing and some of the areas feel like real life.

Weird I thought the way it was supposed to work was that it only auto enabled for HDR games. I haven't seen it enable it in my other games which dont have HDR but I've only been playing like 2 games.

Weird I thought the way it was supposed to work was that it only auto enabled for HDR games. I haven't seen it enable it in my other games which dont have HDR but I've only been playing like 2 games.

It looks like the Windows implementation is a little different but similar to the Xbox. You first have to enable HDR and then toggle the Auto HDR option.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/auto-hdr-preview-for-pc-available-today/

With the Xbox, Auto HDR enables HDR on certain SDR games. I'm guessing they still have to be made compatible because it enabled in Street Fighter Collection but not in River City Girls or Cyber Shadow which I was also playing. Either way, it didn't look good. I don't want fake HDR. It might look better in other games though.

So I don't think what RE is doing is related to Auto HDR. It just enables HDR if you turn it on in the settings even if it's currently disabled in Windows. I was hoping it would work this way but I've read that certain older games (Shadow of the Tomb Raider) require you to have HDR enabled in Windows before starting the game.

It looks like the Windows implementation is a little different but similar to the Xbox. You first have to enable HDR and then toggle the Auto HDR option.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/auto-hdr-preview-for-pc-available-today/

With the Xbox, Auto HDR enables HDR on certain SDR games. I'm guessing they still have to be made compatible because it enabled in Street Fighter Collection but not in River City Girls or Cyber Shadow which I was also playing. Either way, it didn't look good. I don't want fake HDR. It might look better in other games though.

So I don't think what RE is doing is related to Auto HDR. It just enables HDR if you turn it on in the settings even if it's currently disabled in Windows. I was hoping it would work this way but I've read that certain older games (Shadow of the Tomb Raider) require you to have HDR enabled in Windows before starting the game.

Yea I noticed some games enabling HDR in windows if you turned it on in game. I forget which game I first noticed it but it was a newer game. I'll have to check my windows HDR settings I haven't messed with it in a long time.

Back