PlayStation Official Returnal Discussion

Had a pretty solid run going until the end of the second stage. Shit my pants and fell into a hazard and burned my astronaut. Then I had to use my health boost trying to just make it the boss after a couple of tough encounters. Made it almost through his second phase, that fight was cool as hell. Really amped up the bullet time and had me relying on reflexes more. Couldn’t keep up though and ate it.

Enjoying it more and more though with all the new weapon unlocks and the lore is getting pretty heavy.

This is what I mean. Having to warn your player base to turn auto-update off because you’ll lose your run kinda indicates this should be changed.

Agreed.
They either didn't think this trough or they ran out of time.

If anyone's interested, not sure how long it'll be if they patch it out

If anyone's interested, not sure how long it'll be if they patch it out

As much as this shames me, I will be checking this out this weekend. Glad I saw this post this morning while getting ready for work so I could turn off my auto updates. The only thing this really does is drop a weapon type at your current proficiency level, it doesn't really boost anything. It looks like you can abuse it in biome 3 and below, but I'm just about past that anyway so trying to reset to have the perfect build won't work in the back half of the game.

I've had a ton of runs cut short due to RNG dropping less than stellar guns towards the end of my run and get smoked because i'm getting sniped by long range enemies and I keep getting shot guns or single shot acid lobbers. I've made it into the 3rd biome a bunch of times since I've unlocked it and have yet to find a Pylon Driver or Assault Rifle at the proficiency level for the biome.

Actually hating how little time I have to play this at the moment. Trying to squeeze half an hour sessions in between Nightshift and weight training then leaving the console on standby all night hoping that progress is still there for the next time.

<{chips}>

Got the third boss, homing shots make the difference.

Almost got the fourth boss in a shitty run

Apparently, there's a bug in the new update that corrupts your save data, don't play it don't update until next update

Last edited:
OMG...

I had a beautiful run and was more or less loaded and went into the 3rd biome. Hadn't been there in ages since i get on dying in the first... fucking died to some easy scrubs... i just .. went in.. and got overwhelmed.. sigh.. i suck.

These fuckers semi-ruined my last great run. Everything i picked up came with an error window (save state blah blah). The whole time i am thinking this game is going to crash...

Last edited:
Itching to get another run going, hard to get any game time during the work week. Work from home on Fridays so going to squeeze in a few hours before work.

Turned off the updates so going to check out the debug stuff.

Just beat the second boss by the skin of my teeth, the bullet hell in that last phase was insane. so intense.

Third biome is whooping me. Some of the enemies are cheap as fuck. The flying drones that look like square blocks have crazy damage output. They swarm the shit out of you and knot sure if they have homing rockets or if they are dive bombing you. If they surround you the only real option to evade their attacks is to grapple away. I would consider them trash level mobs, but they've ended more of my runs in the 3rd biome than anything else.

Thankfully I've been able to unlock the bridge to take the shortcut within the biome to the boss. Last phase of the 3rd boss is wrecking me too. Naturally there is a ton of shit going on, but trying to balance all of that and grapple around the arena is making me pull my hair out.

Third biome is whooping me. Some of the enemies are cheap as fuck. The flying drones that look like square blocks have crazy damage output. They swarm the shit out of you and knot sure if they have homing rockets or if they are dive bombing you. If they surround you the only real option to evade their attacks is to grapple away. I would consider them trash level mobs, but they've ended more of my runs in the 3rd biome than anything else.

Thankfully I've been able to unlock the bridge to take the shortcut within the biome to the boss. Last phase of the 3rd boss is wrecking me too. Naturally there is a ton of shit going on, but trying to balance all of that and grapple around the arena is making me pull my hair out.

Fuck yeah. Those assholes have been responsible for 3 out of 4 death runs in the third Biome for me so far. I am going to use a run away tactic. As in I jump to another area and shoot from afar once i've triggered them. gonna try that shit.

Go slow, the bridge has a ton of them.v advance slowly and they spawn in pairs

Fuck yeah. Those assholes have been responsible for 3 out of 4 death runs in the third Biome for me so far. I am going to use a run away tactic. As in I jump to another area and shoot from afar once i've triggered them. gonna try that shit.

That's the only way I can beat them, just tuck tail and try to take them out from a distance and hope to God they don't give quick pursuit.

The first time I ran into them I had a pretty good run going with some really good health boosts. Like 5~6 pop up and thought they were just trash mobs. I take aim and before I can take a shot I got blasted from one of them and my health goes from full to yellow. I barely got a chance to turn around before I got wiped out. It was like 3 seconds from them spawning in to getting floored.

I've tried to use corners to avoid their damage in bigger rooms but it only delays the inevitable. They always spawn in groups and there is always another one around the corner. The only success I've had against them is to run.

Thankfully they don't show up in every run. And now that I unlocked the bridge I can usually get the the boss without even seeing them.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I haven't seen them on the bridge.

Which makes my very most recent failed run that much more frustrating. I had the bridge unlocked and was just running around trying to increase my weapon proficiency and ultimately a stronger weapon. I had a giant extra health bar and was more or less loaded with perks. Only had 2 free slots for artifacts. I was ready... fuckin' done in by scrubs... guhh...

Which makes my very most recent failed run that much more frustrating. I had the bridge unlocked and was just running around trying to increase my weapon proficiency and ultimately a stronger weapon. I had a giant extra health bar and was more or less loaded with perks. Only had 2 free slots for artifacts. I was ready... fuckin' done in by scrubs... guhh...

Hoping to beat this biome this afternoon after work. Wife has some meetings and will have a couple hours. Looking forward to putting this level behind me.

Back