No Spoilers Official Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Discussion

Want to tip my hat to the Okami krew who kept this thread alive. Hard to believe the title is near 2.5 years old at this point. The discussion motivated me to return to the game for the third time in almost as many years and finally unlock the Plat this morning.

SkärmbildSek 2.jpg

Not gonna lie on the winning iteration, I no-hit Emma (love Shadowfall on her) but got busted up really good by the ground immolation AoE of Fire Saint (crazy DMG on this NG cycle) and tried to push through the rust as best I could. No less a proud moment that had me standing in shinobi glory.

Zooming out, I ended up having to do two trophies and not just the skills acquisition one because I have two savefiles, only one of which having my Shura playthroughs. This meant I had to grind end-game Ashina outskirts for Height of Technique, and then start an NG+4 playthrough on another (Dragon's Homecoming/Severance/Purification) file to take Emma and Isshin castle scalps, which earned me the Man Without Equal achievement, or all bosses on one single char. *Trophy sound

Elden Ring, my bodyvessel is ready.

9hm5z0r.gif

Jo, remember our pledge last year to try to plat Sekiro 2021? *brofist

cc: @jojoRed

Want to tip my hat to the Okami krew who kept this thread alive. Hard to believe the title is near 2.5 years old at this point. The discussion motivated me to return to the game for the third time in almost as many years and finally unlock the Plat this morning.

Not gonna lie on the winning iteration, I no-hit Emma (love Shadowfall on her) but got busted up really good by the ground immolation AoE of Fire Saint (crazy DMG on this NG cycle) and tried to push through the rust as best I could. No less a proud moment that had me standing in shinobi glory.

Zooming out, I ended up having to do two trophies and not just the skills acquisition one because I have two savefiles, only one of which having my Shura playthroughs. This meant I had to grind end-game Ashina outskirts for Height of Technique, and then start an NG+4 playthrough on another (Dragon's Homecoming/Severance/Purification) file to take Emma and Isshin castle scalps, which earned me the Man Without Equal achievement, or all bosses on one single char. *Trophy sound

9hm5z0r.gif

Nicely done, I also got one trophy left and I didnt really go back to play the DLC. I dont like playing multiple games at once but my PC is under recovery [goddamn RAM], but I guess Ill go back and get the plat now that you did it. Love that game, and Ill actually try play it on the PS5 today or tomorrow.

9hm5z0r.gif

Congrats dude, welcome to the club!

Now i just need to complete and plat DS3.

Got the most boring trophy left, contemplating if I should replay the game on a ne NG+ file or use the boring farming method.

The controls feel foreign to me, but Im thinking I should just start a new playthrough.

9hm5z0r.gif

Congratulations man!

Got the most boring trophy left, contemplating if I should replay the game on a ne NG+ file or use the boring farming method.

The controls feel foreign to me, but Im thinking I should just start a new playthrough.
Farm whatever your fancy from amongst F/head, late-game Castle, or Outskirts, IMO. I contemplated the same and you know, some trivial death when not paying attention fully (which is inevitable) will frustrate that much more given the prize in mind. I put on some music and just went into autopilot for the HoT Gold. I know family reduces your free time so the ROI per minute on a select route you like will prove superior to the perils and time to navigate of a proper playthrough. That said, if you want to enjoy the journey again, shoot, head to Dilapidated Temple and see rebirth, brother. I was rusty too but the muscle memory and veteran tactics remain; they just need a nudge.

Farm whatever your fancy from amongst F/head, late-game Castle, or Outskirts, IMO. I contemplated the same and you know, some trivial death when not paying attention fully (which is inevitable) will frustrate that much more given the prize in mind. I put on some music and just went into autopilot for the HoT Gold. I know family reduces your free time so the ROI per minute on a select route you like will prove superior to the perils and time to navigate of a proper playthrough. That said, if you want to enjoy the journey again, shoot, head to Dilapidated Temple and see rebirth, brother. I was rusty too but the muscle memory and veteran tactics remain; they just need a nudge.

Completely agree. I put Guardians of the Galaxy on the other screen and just farmed the lightning dude and guys around him near the Sakura Bull. Took ages but there was no risk involved.

Also, with you talking about Celeste it made think, there's wonder i don't get frustrated or annoyed when i die to a boss in From Soft games when i died 7 billion times on Celeste. Jesus christ those deaths were agonizing and the plat felt more like relief than reward.

I have the late game farming route near the Hatred Demon, I think I can knock it out in an hour or two of farming, maybe get a podcast on. Ill probably do it on a time when I have zero things going on or when I need to get hyped for Elden Ring.

9hm5z0r.gif

Platinum trophy winner last year.
Sitting on beginning of NG7+ for my final run but waiting for my Ps5 to play it in all its glory.

Platinum trophy winner last year.
Sitting on beginning of NG7+ for my final run but waiting for my Ps5 to play it in all its glory.
Solid plan. I was originally waiting to enjoy a last or parting play, to say, on the 5 too but still have yet to get one and my 'pre-log' for titles when I do get the 5 is already looking steep. Had to move on something. Enjoy your glory run when you finally start it.

Solid plan. I was originally waiting to enjoy a last or parting play, to say, on the 5 too but still have yet to get one and my 'pre-log' for titles when I do get the 5 is already looking steep. Had to move on something. Enjoy your glory run when you finally start it.

So far I’ve got these games on my Ps5 list:

Ghost of Tsushima*
The Last of Us 2*
Mortal Shell*
Dark Souls 3
Red Dead Redemption 2
God of War (2-3 Valkyries including final one)
Sekiro (final NG 7 run)

*haven't bought yet.

Like one of the comments says, imagine a new player seeing this video and thinking Sekiro is an easy hack n slash game.

Also, have you seen Ongbal destroy Sister Freide as Isshin? It's glorious.
So true and not unlike watching a Renaissance painter calmly paint a human hand, thinking to oneself that don't look too hard really. Lol. I have not seen that Isshin-Sister Friede dance; will watch if you share ITT. *clink

So true and not unlike watching a Renaissance painter calmly paint a human hand, thinking to oneself that don't look too hard really. Lol. I have not seen that Isshin-Sister Friede dance; will watch if you share ITT. *clink

Back