RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Berchelt vs Valdez RBR ESPN Top Rank 2/20

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just saw the result and I'm pretty shocked. Should be an interesting rewatch tomorrow.

I'm surprised people were picking Berchelt. He's been slipping for a little bit now. He sticks his chin out in combos and stands in front of his opponent. Valdez is still a one tempo puncher but it was right there for him.

Valdez was matched against him to make Valdez look good.

Unsurprising.

I'm surprised people were picking Berchelt. He's been slipping for a little bit now. He sticks his chin out in combos and stands in front of his opponent. Valdez is still a one tempo puncher but it was right there for him.

Valdez was matched against him to make Valdez look good.

Unsurprising.

Eh, hindsight is awesome but Berchelt was the seasoned title holder and the bigger guy while Valdez had a well documented tendency to get sucked into the very kind of brawls Berchelt thrived on. He also had struggled against inferior opponents. It’s rather uncommon to put a fighter against a -340 favorite to make him look good. Props to you if you picked Valdez, though.

If Ruiz gets a big win this year(either against Whyte or Wilder), Rheynoso is getting trainer of the year again.

Ho. Lee. Shit. What a fight.

Berchelt looked drained as shit at the weigh in and seemed slow all fight, but what a performance by Valdez.

When he switched stance in the 9th and then landed a lead right uppercut - brilliant.

I thought he’d killed him at the end. Scary shit.

Guess I’ll watch the Broner fight now.

Berchelt looked drained as shit at the weigh in and seemed slow all fight, but what a performance by Valdez.

When he switched stance in the 9th and then landed a lead right uppercut - brilliant.

Let's just say that Broner is good at putting people to sleep too, just in a much different way.

They mentioned before the fight that Berchelt had two full pizzas a day or two before weigh-ins... like why?

Eh, hindsight is awesome but Berchelt was the seasoned title holder and the bigger guy while Valdez had a well documented tendency to get sucked into the very kind of brawls Berchelt thrived on. He also had struggled against inferior opponents. It’s rather uncommon to put a fighter against a -340 favorite to make him look good. Props to you if you picked Valdez, though.

Fwiw Berchelt losing was my guess going into it. Just timing and styles.

Eddy Reynosos not the the guy too bet against right now.
He did a great job with Valdez and should get alot of credit for this win.

yep, Reynosos is for real. Valdez fought great and did resemble some things Canelo does. He was very sharp last night and such a great left hook. The last sequence where Valdez dodged the looping right and then countering with the hook was beautiful.

This fight was similar to Warrington Lara last week. Both had the favourite getting dropped in the 4th and just getting by only to continue taking a beating until they were KO'd (one the 9th the other the 10th).

Anyway good for Valdez. He looked great and I'd like to see Lomachenko drop down and fight him.

Back