• Poll closed .

Kowboy On Sherdog

UFC 300 ***The Aftermath***
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
canelo-yildirim%20(6).jpg

canelo-yildirim%20(15).jpg

CANELO ALVAREZ VS. AVNI YILDIRIM LIVE STREAM: HOW TO WATCH ON DAZN IN USA, CANADA

Boxing's biggest star, Canelo Alvarez, returns for a super middleweight title clash against Avni Yildirim, live on DAZN.

Unified super middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez makes his 2021 debut on Saturday when he defends his WBA (Super) and WBC championships against Avni Yildirim at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, live on DAZN in over 200 countries (excluding Mexico).

Alvarez competed six days before Christmas, beating Callum Smith via unanimous decision to win the WBA and WBC belts. The 30-year-old wants to be active in 2021 after only fighting one time in 2020. Yildirim is the WBC mandatory challenger, and Alvarez wants to get out of the way so he can have a clear path to become the undisputed champion at 168 pounds.

"Avni Yildirim is a good boxer, and I know we will put on an exciting fight," Canelo said in a press release. "I'm very glad that we are able to bring this event to Miami, a short distance from where my hero, Muhammad Ali, trained. February 27 will be a great night for the sport."

Yildirim returns to action for the first time since losing to Anthony Dirrell via technical decision in a vacant WBC super middleweight fight. Dirrell suffered a cut due to an accidental headbutt in the tenth round, and the bout was stopped. It went to the judges, and Dirrell came out the winner on two of the three judges' scorecards.

"I am honored as a mandatory to fight again for the big green belt - thank you to everyone who is involved," Yildirim said. "I always give my all – and everybody should be ready to see a war. I am coming to make my country proud – I am representing the whole of Turkey."

Can boxing's biggest star make a successful return, or does Yildirim pull off the upset?

Here is everything you need to know about Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim.

CANELO VS. YILDIRIM LIVE STREAM: HOW TO WATCH ON DAZN
The Canelo vs. Yildirim fight is available on DAZN in the United States and Canada, as well as globally (excluding Mexico, where the fight is on TV Azteca.)

A subscription to DAZN allows you to access the Canelo vs. Yildirim fight.

In the United States, a monthly subscription is $19.99, and an annual subscription is $99.99.

In Canada, a monthly subscription is $20 CAD, and an annual subscription is $150 CAD. (There is also a 30-day free trial in Canada.)

The subscription provides access to every live event and all the on-demand programming on the streaming service. To learn more about how to sign up for DAZN, and pricing in your region, visit DAZN.com .

Also for the Canelo-Yildirim fight, subscribers of major cable providers (full list below) can pay $49.99 to watch via their cable box on TV and receive a gift code for a four-month DAZN subscription as part of the cost. That’s a discount from the standard four-month cost of DAZN (at $19.99 a month).

CANELO ALVAREZ VS. AVNI YILDIRIM FIGHT DATE, START TIME
  • Date: Saturday, Feb. 27
  • Coverage starts at 7 p.m. ET
  • Main Event approx. 10 p.m. ET
The Canelo-Yildirim main card begins at 7 p.m. ET. Canelo and Yildirim expected to make their ring walks about 10 p.m. ET, although the time depends on the length of the earlier fights

CANELO ALVAREZ VS. AVNI YILDIRIM FIGHT CARD
  • Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim for Alvarez’s WBC/WBA Super Middleweight titles
  • Julio Cesar Martinez vs. McWilliams Arroyo for Martinez’s WBC flyweight title
  • Zhang Zhilei vs. Jerry Forrest; Heavyweight
  • Diego Pacheco vs. Rodolfo Gomez Jr.; Super Middleweight
  • Alexis Espino vs. Ashton Sykes; Super Middleweight
  • Marc Castro vs. Lester Brown; Junior Lightweight
  • Aaron Aponte vs. Harry Gigliotti; Junior Welterweight
  • Alexis Molina vs. TBA; Featherweight

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/box...-dazn-in-usa-canada/sl2bxp3js6el1bsfuhsshppj6

Is the Zhang fight going to be moved up to right before Canelo/Yildrim? If so, that's pretty disappointing, I would have liked to see a higher level fight before the main event. I don't see much else on the undercard that I am interested in right now, but the great thing about boxing is that you never know when you will see a great fight. All of us have seen huge surprises, fights that don't look competitive turn into awesome bouts, and crazy scorecards. That's one of the best things about this sport!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Zhang be challenged, I'm not a huge fan of his and I think he has been way too overly protected for a guy his age. Forrest has been up against guys better than Zhang, so if he isn't there for simply a payday, it could be competitive.

Is the Zhang fight going to be moved up to right before Canelo/Yildrim? If so, that's pretty disappointing, I would have liked to see a higher level fight before the main event. I don't see much else on the undercard that I am interested in right now, but the great thing about boxing is that you never know when you will see a great fight. All of us have seen huge surprises, fights that don't look competitive turn into awesome bouts, and crazy scorecards. That's one of the best things about this sport!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Zhang be challenged, I'm not a huge fan of his and I think he has been way too overly protected for a guy his age. Forrest has been up against guys better than Zhang, so if he isn't there for simply a payday, it could be competitive.
No, McWilliams Arroyo is fighting a replacement for JCM

Can someone explain to me how you lose a fight and then get booked against Canelo?

Is this a good matchup, Or just a glorified one sided beat down in the making?

I starts at 7 ? I’m eatting dinner w some friends, I hope to make it back in time for the main.

Canelo's performance is going to be compared to Chris Eubank Jr.'s who wiped out Yildirim in 3 rounds. Uppercuts typically finish off Yildirim.

I starts at 7 ? I’m eatting dinner w some friends, I hope to make it back in time for the main.
Might actually be them doing the promo/hyping of the card for an hour. Not sure, PPV used to be like that.

Back