Official UFC 196 Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got to watching the press conference. Conor is saying everything I thought he would say when they ask him to break it down. Nate's too heavy on the lead foot like I mentioned and that shit almost lost him the MJ fight to be honest with you. I think Conor will show off his power in this fight and it's funny cuz he'll have more power at the higher weight classes than the lower ones. Conor's is the realest dude I've seen in a long time in MMA. Not alot of people have his mentality he's like the black mamba in his prime straight up no-nonsense. Man I grew up in the streets and I know a lot of OGs and Conor is a young OG in his own right even though we're the same age.

Last edited:
I just got to watching the press conference. Conor is saying everything I thought he would say when they ask him to break it down. Nate's too heavy on the lead foot like I mentioned and that shit almost lost him the MJ fight to be honest with you. Conor's is the realest dude I've seen in a long time in MMA. Not alot of people have his mentality he's like the black mamba in his prime straight up no-nonsense. Man I grew up in the streets and I know a lot of OGs and Conor is a young OG in his own right even though we're the same age.
I rewatched the MJ fight, and feel its the opposite. I know Jack Slack pointed this out in his recent article, but i'm really interested in how Conor deals with Nate's ability to play with range threw the forward slouch stance that lead to pulls and pivots, especially when Nate is so good countering off attacks in that stance. MJ lands those kicks early, but Nate actually checks a couple, and because hes so good as reading at range he set traps to counter off the kicks too.

Gian Villante so likeable. Feel bad I have to root for him to get ktfo

tbh diaz is the first guy connor is going up against that isnt a midget, nate is ACTUALLY BIGGER THAN HIM. if he gets up to +430 and up im all over that. nate is in his head already i never seen connor mad like that, the people he talked shit to didnt speak english so he could beat them before they got in the ring so its gonna be very different this time

tbh diaz is the first guy connor is going up against that isnt a midget, nate is ACTUALLY BIGGER THAN HIM. if he gets up to +430 and up im all over that. nate is in his head already i never seen connor mad like that, the people he talked shit to didnt speak english so he could beat them before they got in the ring so its gonna be very different this time

Some sound advice from a seasoned MMA bettor is not to take Nate at anything +600 or better. There's no value until you hit around this mark and don't be surprised at all the late money which will likely see significant money put on Conor. Of course, those who hit Connor's opening line got some insane value. I don't see Nate winning 1 out out of 10 times, but that's just my subjective opinion. All factors considered, this is essentially a "squash" match which I pointed out as soon as the fight was announced.

- Barry

Some sound advice from a seasoned MMA bettor is not to take Nate at anything +600 or better. There's no value until you hit around this mark and don't be surprised at all the late money which will likely see significant money put on Conor. Of course, those who hit Connor's opening line got some insane value. I don't see Nate winning 1 out out of 10 times, but that's just my subjective opinion. All factors considered, this is essentially a "squash" match which I pointed out as soon as the fight was announced.

- Barry
Remember that Jesus shit Barry brought up?

Can someone tell me why there are no consequences in these threads, when people like Barry clearly trolls and waste alot of peoples time that actually want to trade information and help each other? Of course, you can just ignore it, but I find it really annoying to see someone with his head up his on ***, hopefully subjectively trolling, but he really does think that he's spot on.

Am I way out of line for writing this? I could see some of it actually make sense if Barry wanted to share and trade information, but he never answers questions regarding himself and his big wall of texts. I don't see any good in this narcissistic way of "sharing" garbage information. :/

On topic:

I have done a couple of "fun" parlays for this event, and probably too many. Didn't like this card for betting that much.

Elkins +3,5
Elkins DEC
(might aswell DEC since SU probably wont be by stoppage)

Chas Skelly is no joke, and they're both gonna scrample their way through the fight. (atleast the first round) Even thogh Skelly has the grapling/submission game edge imo, I find it hard that he will be able to implenent it and actually use it to his advantage in this fight. I see Elkins outpacing Skelly with his grinding tenacity style, where he won't give Skelly any room. This is Elkins main game, and I think he will be a step in front of Skelly with this type of gameplan. Skelly will be outworked in wrestling/grapling and his cardio will take a toll after the first round. I can't see how he will be able to implement his own game, when he constantly has to counter Elkins pressure.
If it were a striking match, I would probably give Elkins a little edge aswell if you think about who evolved the most in their last couple of fights. Skelly could and will probably take round 1, and Elkins will take over from there (+3,5). Skelly's way of winning is by sub imo, but I find it hard to believe that he will be able to sub Elkins, who doesn't quit when he's in sub danger, plus his training camp with TAM has probably prepaired him for the chokes aswell.

Sarah Kaufman didn't really hurt Valentina much in the first two rounds of their fight and Valentina still got weaker in the third round. Amanda Nunes could do some damage early and then we'll see how Valetina looks in the third. I think they'll both be game, but I think Amanda may stop her or at least hurt her badly enough early to slow Valentina down. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

That's only a one fight sample though, and it was on short notice. Unless Nunes has worked on her conditioning a lot she has more or less been a one round fighter

For clarification, Valentina was on 8 days notice. She had a fight scheduled but it was over a month away (scheduled to fight for Legacy on Jan 22nd, announced on Dec 11th for a Dec 19th fight in the UFC). I have no idea about her Cardio normally. Just thought I would add the facts.

Can someone tell me why there are no consequences in these threads, when people like Barry clearly trolls and waste alot of peoples time that actually want to trade information and help each other? Of course, you can just ignore it, but I find it really annoying to see someone with his head up his on ***, hopefully subjectively trolling, but he really does think that he's spot on.

Am I way out of line for writing this? I could see some of it actually make sense if Barry wanted to share and trade information, but he never answers questions regarding himself and his big wall of texts. I don't see any good in this narcissistic way of "sharing" garbage information. :/

On topic:

I have done a couple of "fun" parlays for this event, and probably too many. Didn't like this card for betting that much.

Elkins +3,5
Elkins DEC
(might aswell DEC since SU probably wont be by stoppage)

Chas Skelly is no joke, and they're both gonna scrample their way through the fight. (atleast the first round) Even thogh Skelly has the grapling/submission game edge imo, I find it hard that he will be able to implenent it and actually use it to his advantage in this fight. I see Elkins outpacing Skelly with his grinding tenacity style, where he won't give Skelly any room. This is Elkins main game, and I think he will be a step in front of Skelly with this type of gameplan. Skelly will be outworked in wrestling/grapling and his cardio will take a toll after the first round. I can't see how he will be able to implement his own game, when he constantly has to counter Elkins pressure.
If it were a striking match, I would probably give Elkins a little edge aswell if you think about who evolved the most in their last couple of fights. Skelly could and will probablyouy take round 1, and Elkins will take over from there (+3,5). Skelly's way of winning is by sub imo, but I find it hard to believe that he will be able to sub Elkins, who doesn't quit when he's in sub danger, plus his training camp with TAM has probably prepaired him for the chokes asws sometimes reallyell.
I think you're taking this a little too seriously. Barry's cute. He's like that little yappy pet dog that is annoying, but amuses you when it does silly things.

Holly line moved a bit. She's -284 on Pinnacle.

Conor mentioned Nate's leg again in this video (twice). I'm not sure if he's referring to Nate being susceptible to leg kicks, or if there's some leg injury that Nate has as he's going into this fight. Conor first mentioned Nate's leg in the pre-fight press conference.

Hey Lafiti bettors! Lafiti lost a close friend a couple a weeks ago, he passed away in cancer. It's an article about it in the swedish newspaper today. He also said in the article that " And of course , I always go in to end the fight , but it's not like I'm looking for a chance . But will the chance come , I go for the finish."

It maybe not affect the fight, but still. Just thought you wanna know :)

Conor mentioned Nate's leg again in this video (twice). I'm not sure if he's referring to Nate being susceptible to leg kicks, or if there's some leg injury that Nate has as he's going into this fight. Conor first mentioned Nate's leg in the pre-fight press conference.
To me pre fight talk is 99% BS that won't affect the fight. Conor has been the exception to the rule, as I think it played into the Aldo result. In this buildup though Conor has lost his cool mannny times from the Steroids, to the rich kid comment here, to the punch at the weighins. I think Nate's "You don't even believe that its just an act" is the way to go with Conor. Just make him keep saying his lines and laugh them off. When he keeps repeating himself to no comeback and no reaction it makes his statements look weak and scripted.
Then that Gazelle comment from Nate lolll, had me howling. "You calling people Gazelle's too .. people don't know what that means this is America. Nobody know what a Gazelle is anyways, this is America get it right".

I rewatched the MJ fight, and feel its the opposite. I know Jack Slack pointed this out in his recent article, but i'm really interested in how Conor deals with Nate's ability to play with range threw the forward slouch stance that lead to pulls and pivots, especially when Nate is so good countering off attacks in that stance. MJ lands those kicks early, but Nate actually checks a couple, and because hes so good as reading at range he set traps to counter off the kicks too.

Does McGregor even have hard low kicks? His stance is not normal for guy who can rip in hard low muay thai style legs kicks. I tend to see him him target body/head, with side push kicks or spinning to body and occasional high. More taekowndo like kicking.

I personally worry more about Diaz's body and taking punishment there than his lead leg getting chopped down. I think because of Daiz's height even though he crouches in stance he can block them successfully. Not so confident he will parry or avoid kicks to the body though. Him coming forward, into the style of kicks mcgregor use alot in recent fights could be catastrophic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back