Official UFC 196 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion it is the most likely outcome... I'm assuming the bookies see it as going to be connor putting an absolute beat down on nate and it ending within 1-2 rounds. If you're certain they can easily lose, id contact them and inquire further about what the line actually means.

EDIT: I'm with you on this though, like I said in my first post there is value in these lines
I never said that in my opinion, it was the most likely outcome. I just said that is a possibility. Look at all of the other MMA props. This is the only one where not only both sides can lose, but they can both win. But yes, the wording is definitely confusing. I still think it is combined strikes, but there is a chance that it is not. I just do not understand why they wouldn't have both o/u for both fighters if it was not combined strikes

U85 sig strikes for Conor is definitely more likely IMO

Surprised you guys are stuck on this weird significant strikes prop when Diaz to score more takedowns at +285 right now is GOLD. Conor is not going to even attempt a takedown, and I heard Diaz was working them at open workouts

Surprised you guys are stuck on this weird significant strikes prop when Diaz to score more takedowns at +285 right now is GOLD. Conor is not going to even attempt a takedown, and I heard Diaz was working them at open workouts

What happens if neither one them scores any TDs ?

I never said that in my opinion, it was the most likely outcome. I just said that is a possibility. Look at all of the other MMA props. This is the only one where not only both sides can lose, but they can both win. But yes, the wording is definitely confusing. I still think it is combined strikes, but there is a chance that it is not. I just do not understand why they wouldn't have both o/u for both fighters if it was not combined strikes
Yeah, its confusing. From the wording it seems they are not combined. But from the lack of o/u for each fighter, it doesnt make any sense because both sides can win, which is not how bookies operate. They don't bet against the bettors, they take action on both sides and pocket the spread. Its too volatile for them otherwise. So idk, but I would lean towards that they are combined strikes.... but someone needs to contact them to make sure.

Guys it's combined sig strikes landed between the two of them. I took the over and in my pending wagers it shows it as this:

1069 Diaz significant strikes landed/McGregor significant strikes landed Over 85½ +170*

Guys it's combined sig strikes landed between the two of them. I took the over and in my pending wagers it shows it as this:

1069 Diaz significant strikes landed/McGregor significant strikes landed Over 85½ +170*
Thank you

Ok, now this shit is worth a stab

I'm assuming its so they can play one side of the line (the one they assume is more likely) if they have it wrong, I say we take them all to the cleaners!

Edit: Thanks for clearing it up mkess and apoligies Jae I was wrong

I'm assuming its so they can play one side of the line (the one they assume is more likely) if they have it wrong, I say we take them all to the cleaners!

Edit: Thanks for clearing it up mkess and apoligies Jae I was wrong
No need to apologize. The wording was confusing. It just didn't make any sense to me for it to not be combined

No need to apologize. The wording was confusing. It just didn't make any sense to me for it to not be combined
On that note do we still think its worth a stab either side? Im leaning the over

On that note do we still think its worth a stab either side? Im leaning the over
I like the over. I did some calculations like a page back with their average sig strikers per minute. There are obviously other factors involved, but using their averages it should take approximately 8.37 minutes or 1.74 rounds to hit

Yeah like mkess101 said, when you bet it it's worded better. I had to put 1u on Diaz significant strikes landed/McGregor significant strikes landed Over 85½ at +170.

Just hammered it, had to take +265 but love this bet. I think the odds on this bet are:

Bet wins: 25%
Bet pushes: 70%
Bet loses: 5%

Conor even attempting a TD would shock me. Great line.

I definitely see value in it. As the other have calculated, if the fight goes 1 and 3/4 rounds, based on their average sig strike stats they should be over at that point. The line currently pays +170, better than the o2.5 which is +160. So the strike line is better than o2.5 assuming they land their average sig strikes/min.

I definitely see value in it. As the other have calculated, if the fight goes 1 and 3/4 rounds, based on their average sig strike stats they should be over at that point. The line currently pays +170, better than the o2.5 which is +160. So the strike line is better than o2.5 assuming they land their average sig strikes/min.

Well thought out, I like it

1u on Diaz significant strikes landed/McGregor significant strikes landed Over 85½ at +170.
1.5u on Diaz to score more takedowns at +285

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back