Official UFC 196 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Tony Ferguson saying he wants it, that would be sick!!!

Before reading that was pulling for Nate Diaz. Either of those two will do.

Wasn't too impressed with Cerrone vs B-Cowboy, so not really feeling him as a replacement

EDIT Pettis wants the fight as well. At least we'll get a good replacement either way

for me, i think the thing that makes the most sense is NO fight for conor at ufc 196. you can't risk having him lose to someone if it's not for the title. just push RDA-conor back to ufc 200 or however long RDA needs to heal (depending on the prognosis/recovery time for RDA, of course).

you can't have conor fighting someone if it's not for the belt at 155. the dude hasn't even defended the belt once at 145. not unless, of course, you strip his 145 belt (which, frankly, if he's NEVER going back to 145, they SHOULD DO).

for me, i think the thing that makes the most sense is NO fight for conor at ufc 196. you can't risk having him lose to someone if it's not for the title. just push RDA-conor back to ufc 200 or however long RDA needs to heal (depending on the prognosis/recovery time for RDA, of course).

you can't have conor fighting someone if it's not for the belt at 155. the dude hasn't even defended the belt once at 145. not unless, of course, you strip his 145 belt (which, frankly, if he's NEVER going back to 145, they SHOULD DO).
Could not disagree with this more. The dude has put in a full training camp, and he embodies the spirit of fighting. Lets not turn UFC into boxing where everything revolves around one fight promoters want to build. Roll the dice, give him one of these top guys throwing their name in the hat, lets get a fight on.

Not to mention the letdown of Irish fans who are flying to Vegas to see Conor. The dude has too much pride for his country to let that happen.

fuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccck

BRUTAL.

Want Diaz as the replacement but the best part of a potential Diaz/McGregor fight is the lead up to it. Which we obviously do not get here on short notice.

This sucks.

Cowboy or Pettis make the most sense I suppose. Tough for McGregor as he doesn't really have anything to gain from either of these two fights. What if he loses? You still going to do the RDA fight after McGregor loses his only LW fight? Tough spot.

Ferg GOAT would be nuts!!! i don't want to lose my bet on Ferg against Khabib tho. Prob get juicier odds against GOAT tho!

I am pretty sure Pettis won't get a shot at Mac simply because he is coming off 2 losses.

To be honest RDA injury doesn't bug me much so long as Mac fights. I would be pumped to see Mac fight Nate, Cerrone, or Ferg.

I think the way Mac has talked and marketed himself he has an obligation to fight. It might make sense to skip fights from a business point of view but for Mac to be credible he needs to take whoever they give him.

I am pretty sure Pettis won't get a shot at Mac simply because he is coming off 2 losses.

To be honest RDA injury doesn't bug me much so long as Mac fights. I would be pumped to see Mac fight Nate, Cerrone, or Ferg.

I think the way Mac has talked and marketed himself he has an obligation to fight. It might make sense to skip fights from a business point of view but for Mac to be credible he needs to take whoever they give him.

I dunno about that. I think he proved himself by taking Mendes on short notice and potentially ruining his title shot against Aldo. I really want him to fight, but do not blame him if he doesn't.

I dunno about that. I think he proved himself by taking Mendes on short notice and potentially ruining his title shot against Aldo. I really want him to fight, but do not blame him if he doesn't.
You can't let up in this game. Just cause he did it once doesn't mean it doesn't give opponents a crack into his mental if Conor decided he didn't want to fight at 196 now.

Defending at 145 against either Aldo or Edgar makes the most sense to me. Aldo is out so Edgar would finally get his shot. I don't know how realistic this is though.

Defending at 145 against either Aldo or Edgar makes the most sense to me. Aldo is out so Edgar would finally get his shot. I don't know how realistic this is though.
I would imagine that it's to late now to start the death cut.

I hope Ferguson steps in. Will hit ferg by sub please and thank you!!!

Btw

Cerrone just posted a video on IG of him sprinting and said "I know a guy"

Hoping for tony but cerrone makes sense for the general population to watch. Not sure how that goes I think Conor would win ?

What about Frankie Edgar to step in? They called Jose Aldo- was that a title rematch at 145 or 155 pounds? I'm assuming they weren't going to have Aldo go up in weight for this?

Btw

Cerrone just posted a video on IG of him sprinting and said "I know a guy"

Hoping for tony but cerrone makes sense for the general population to watch. Not sure how that goes I think Conor would win ?
Conor would maul him. I would smash Conor in round 1

Cerrone prob makes the most sense. It may not be the fight we want to see ideally but no way they make a fight w Pettis or Edgar on this short notice. Even Ferg for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back