Official UFC 197 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you bring up another interesting aspect of this fight. Barboza has been relentlessly pressured in his last two losses, seemingly exploiting the strategy to beat him, but Pettis obviously isn't gonna do that. And of course same goes for Anthony, pretty obvious after the Alvarez fight he hasn't improved much at all with his ringcraft when he gets pressured. Dude just backs straight up to the fence. Even in the fights hes won hes done this, but Barboza is most certainly not going to do this. Such an intriguing fight, good by the UFC giving us this.

Just realized another thing that scares me as a Barb backer is level of competition. Beating Bendo and Melendez is just a bit more impressive than beating Bobby Green
Yeah, this is such an awesome fight for so many reasons. I do slightly favor Pettis to win due to his finishing abilities and having a superior ground game but all in all I think this fight takes place standing and we might see an awesome version of Barboza where he isn't getting pressured and doesn't have to worry to much about being taken down. Cant wait!

Cormier injured. PLEASE MAKE JONES VS RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!

Jones made an instagram post saying he'll fight anyone at HW or LHW. Hunt made an instagram post saying hes down.

Please UFC. Please do this.

Rumble makes twitter post less than a week ago about how he'll step up and fight DC if Jones couldn't fight, but doesn't take the Jones fight on short notice. smh.

Jones vs OSP.....

Jones vs. OSP isn't a terrible fight. Short notice Rumble would've gassed harder than usual, thus ruining an exciting fight that can still happen in the future.

OSP via chicken wang submission. Time to break some bones!

Edit: anyone know if OSP seriously injured his leg/foot in his last fight against Feijao?

Jones vs. OSP isn't a terrible fight. Short notice Rumble would've gassed harder than usual, thus ruining an exciting fight that can still happen in the future.

OSP via chicken wang submission. Time to break some bones!

Edit: anyone know if OSP seriously injured his leg/foot in his last fight against Feijao?
OSP is going to get crushed in the first or second round. If Jones was saying he would've taken a HW fight, would've at least been cool if UFC entertained the idea of Jones vs Hunt

Jones will take OSP down and hellbow him.
Just like the early of his UFC career, it's by far the most vicious part of his game and it's a shame he hasn't been able to implement it that much in that last few years.

Just like the early of his UFC career, it's by far the most vicious part of his game and it's a shame he hasn't been able to implement it that much in that last few years.
Gonna be a perfect matchup for the return of the hellbows.

Flexing on twitter when Jones gets arrested like he can step up, only to need dental surgery. Is that the approach to get fans? Act like you can be a replacement when you can't? Ok then
I know, right?

I think you should take a trip down to South Florida and tell Rumble to stop being a little bitch. If he tries to start any shit, remember that all of us in this thread have your back... ...figuratively speaking, of course.

I know, right?

I think you should take a trip down to South Florida and tell Rumble to stop being a little bitch. If he tries to start any shit, remember that all of us in this thread have your back... ...figuratively speaking, of course.
Did I say I think hes being a bitch?

I just think its a cheap way to get fans to say you can take a short notice fight, when you can't. Root canals can come out of nowhere, but its a little suspicious less than a week after saying hes ready to go we now find out he needed a dental procedure.

u2.5 -165 not bad at all

Hit this. Will be waiting for Jones KO and Jones rd 1 and 2 lines too. Possibly Jones sub if the KO line sucks and the sub line is really good.

Problem is Jones itd is gonna be like -475. So both KO and sub lines will probably suck. So maybe just the under that I just bet and Jones rd 1 and Jones rd 2? Just hope he doesn't give OSP much respect and runs through him.

Hunt posted a video on instagram that wanted to fight Jones. If he managed to keep it standing it could get pretty interesting. OSP match up is just kinda meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back