Official UFC 197 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interim title so still 5 rds. Worth considering

is it officially for interim belt?

normally i'm not a fan of this, but jones prolly deserves this exception (yea yea, he's an jerk irl and does stupid stuff, but he never lost his belt.. any fight he has should be for a belt)

obviously depends also on how long DC will be out

is it officially for interim belt?

normally i'm not a fan of this, but jones prolly deserves this exception (yea yea, he's an jerk irl and does stupid stuff, but he never lost his belt.. any fight he has should be for a belt)

obviously depends also on how long DC will be out
Yep, interim belt according to ufc.com

Im looking forward to playing osp itd here. No value on jj here as line is extreme.

Osp pretty well never wins a dec. However a fight is a fight and i could see osp connecting early.

lol @ interim belt, what would be even more hilarious is if DC and OSP face off while both wearing gold.

Jones/OSP O1.5 +103 on betsafe. This must surely be worth a stab?

Im looking forward to playing osp itd here. No value on jj here as line is extreme.

Osp pretty well never wins a dec. However a fight is a fight and i could see osp connecting early.

I got Bones by choke or TKO.

OSP's style doesn't translate to the upper echelon he's too fundamentally bad but makes up for it in his size/length/athleticism which he's trumped in all 3.

I think OSP gets eaten up in the clinch and he'll lose at range too.

Last edited:
Agreed. OSP gets eaten up here almost every time.

Yeah I like the TKO or SUB prop for JJ. I expect JJ to get the finish in the first few rounds honestly. SUB prop is especially interesting becuase if JJ can just get a TD he pretty much neutralizes all of OSP's threat.

LOL DC should just stop, he seems to get the worst of it in every exchange with Jones. I like DC on the Fox broadcasts but Jones just seems to have his number in every way.

You and your vagina....lol so hard. JJ with the win

wtf!?!? jones dropped like 400 points? why?

jj vs osp basically same price as jj vs dc? how?

Was just about to type this. JJ -454 on bet365. Need something to parlay it with. I dunno what happened.

That's funny.

I think people are just feeling the effects of Ronda/Conor/Holly or all these late replacement fighters getting victories over big favorites and they're running with the theme, "Anything can happen in MMA"

What's OSP gonna do? He doesn't have the range advantage like he's used to having. Guys like Shogun or Cummins had to rush in to close the distance and they got knocked out for it. Bones isn't gonna need to do shit like that, he's longer and he doesn't throw to leave himself open like that for counters.

Bones is also a beast in the clinch. OSP will get roughed up and rag dolled when it happens.

If we look at it objectively the pieces are there, and OSP's strengths just don't match with Bones. I can't think of a scenario that OSP wins this fight in my head tbh. Only Jon Jones can fuck it up for himself if he's truly having issues with things outside of the cage.

Hardly any UK bookies changed odds. Can still get OSP @ +590 so will hedge a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back