1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Official UFC on FOX 18 Thread

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chemmy Green Belt

I think his line definitely gets that high by fight time. I won't play it myself, but if you like Holbrook I think waiting to pounce is the right move.

2. chemmy Green Belt

I guess it's all a matter of perspective, but nothing beats the atmosphere at a live event. Your view is better at home on tv and you get the commentary to accompany the show, but watching an event in person outweighs that any day, IMO.

3. null Gold Belt

I'm kind of with EZ on the live experience thing in regards to fights. I went once to an Elite XC show in Miami in 2008 where Kimbo Slice knocked out Tank Abbot because it was an excuse to go out with a pretty girl and see live fights for the first time. But I'd really rather watch at home for free with a better view and with commentary and live betting. Live music is different, most concerts are much cheaper and it's a far more vivid experience than the audio recordings as opposed to squinting to see the Octagon in person with the UFC's super high ticket prices.

4. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

EZ I hope you've at least been to one UFC!!! Worth the money at least one time just to experience it.

JG I went to the Elite XC show where Kimbo fought James Thompson, and gotta say the same to you!! UFC is a different experience than that shit was.

I def get where you guys are coming from though. Honestly, if I could smoke in Prudential this would be a no brainer for me just cause at this point i'm kind of like a UFC live event collector lol been to sooo many, but there are some cards (like this one) where it just doesn't seem worth the trip/money and staying home sounds more convenient

I must say, I am jealous of Brazilians and Europeans. That McGOAT card in Boston last year had a CRAZY atmosphere, so much fun and much more energetic than the NJ events

5. chemmy Green Belt

No doubt the views at a live event aren't going to equal the tv broadcast regardless of where you sit, but for me, it's all about the atmosphere. To be honest, I probably watch the screen more than half the night (mostly for groundwork) at most events, but the atmosphere in the arena makes it worthwhile. When Goldberg spews off on the broadcast about the air being electric, he's actually perfectly describing it. For anyone who loves the sport but hasn't been to a live event, it's indescribable.

I've been to well over 20 events from driving 8+ hours to small MMA shows on the Kanawake reserve just outside of Montreal in '99 to UFC 129 with 55 000 + people and I've loved every one.

To bring it back to wagering, since this is the betting forum, watching on tv is likely the best place to view for live-betting because of the camera angles, replays and corner advice, but being live you can be 100% certain that your "feed" is not lagging at all and you can occasionally get a better feel for the judging based on crowd reaction.

6. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

saff is -185 still on bm.. he just hit -220 on 5d.. getting some more -185 before it's gone.

7. rille31 Brown Belt

eu bettors can still get saf @ 1.57 bet365

8. Agent Mulder Black Belt

I like Saffiedine a lot in this fight. I put down 3u like a month ago when the line was released.

9. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

I'm on Saffiedine too. I jumped on his opener at -170 and recently added -185. Ellenberger is only 1-4 in his last five fights, although to great competition, but who were his biggest wins in the UFC? Marquardt and Shields? And IIRC, didn't Shields' father die like a week before the fight? I'm pretty sure he was mentally messed up for that fight which takes steam off the win.

10. Ballsaque Yellow Card Yellow Card

It's not so much that, he was a good fighter before, but he has looked completely completely lost in there recently. Lost all confidence after Kampmann put a knee through his face. Is he still training out of Glendals? If so, that's more bad news for him.

11. vkram Brown Belt

I think he moved to Kings MMA

12. Agent Mulder Black Belt

Only for a while I think. His Sherdog page says Reign MMA now but that might be incorrect.

13. vkram Brown Belt

Sherdog isn't always up to date, I remember seeing him do strength and conditioning with RDA leading up to RDA/Cowboy 2 (I think)

14. EzFlyer Titanium Belt

Yep, kings, i THINK. At least part time. He might still spend time with munoz, unsure

15. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

1k Tarec + AJ @ -110.

16. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

1k Tarec + AJ @ -110. Got in while Tarec's still at -187.

17. Agent Mulder Black Belt

Nice, I have the same parlay from openers. 2u @ +102.

18. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Nice!

I remember someone posted pics of Ellenberger's change of physique over the last couple of years - another Erick Silva transformation.

19. Agent Mulder Black Belt

Yeah him training with Kings is the only thing that worries me but im still very confident in this one.

20. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

I'm not worried in that respect he has declined badly physically nothing Kings can do to fix that.

Tarec done this camp with Firas great move for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.