Official UFC on FOX 18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Sage training at? Tristar or with his pops?

I think I'm going to bet Holbrook. I am very unimpressed with Sage and I think he can get tapped here. Holbrook fished for a bunch of chokes against Nijem and he was close on a couple of them too but Nijem was the stronger/seasoned grappler and he had the better conditioning.

Sage got taken down by Pfister ffs. He laid on his back like a turtle I don't know what he was thinking. His striking to me isn't even good. I wish it were a better candidate to fight against Sage so I can really capitalize against the hype and make some money but it could end here with Holbrook.

I think the UFC promoting the shit out of him will end up being a curse for him. Just like everyone else, I think he needs to pay his dues and not until he gets a few more years experience/losses will he be a solid fighter.

But I'll probably bet on the Sage Not ITD +130 instead. Not a strong bet though I just plan to play it this way when the time comes.

~~~

I have a pretty good idea of who I plan to put my money on this card. Waiting for the rest of the lines to open..

I'm on Sage at -300, though I plan to hedge and play him cheaper.

Holbrook was terrible against Nijem, whose fight IQ was so low that he seemed like he was intentionally trying to lose the fight (that, combined with the robbery, was my most tilting bet of 2015). In my opinion Pfister had a more likely path to victory via lay and pray than Holbrook does by sub.

same, o2.5 all the way. kinda love this line. +140!? i would think it'd be -140

Yeah Barnett showed good skill in avoiding the rights against Nelson (Rothwell's best weapon)... Rothwell too legit to get subbed. The only concern is Barnett pushing the pace and gassing him to that level, though the fight is at sea level. I'm on board.

I got Rivera at 1.775. Super pissed I didn't bet more on him now that everyone is so high on him.
He's at 1.657 now, and I can't get myself to bet him more after the line dropped that much

hope Makashvili and Ortiz will get solid lines,they are only 2 guys Im confident on this card

Anyone liking the under 1.5 for aj/Bader? I feel like aj will catch Bader in less than 7 exchanges.

All the best with your parlay Sham as you have already placed it. Personally, I don't want to pay the juice SU on AJ. I am looking to play Bader small either r4/r5 and sub. I think we could potentially see Bader do what Eddie Alvarez did last night.

2u on Tarec + Barnett

I will lb Bader if he drags AJ into deep waters and starts securing takedowns. I do however find that very doubtful. Bader cannot bring DC's pressure and he definitely cannot eat the shots DC ate.

this is the ufc on fox 18 thread

I've had a few people ask me where the thread is at. I think people are confused and think that this thread is just for AJ vs. Bader since that's in the title.

just add "Official <event> betting thread" in the title or something. that'll fix the problem for future events

how do you guys seen aubin-mercier / ferreira playing out?

Anyone liking the under 1.5 for aj/Bader? I feel like aj will catch Bader in less than 7 exchanges.

I really like this as a way to play AJ with less juice. I expect AJ to find the KO in r1 most of the time, if Bader survives r1 then I see Bader taking over r2 and r3 and winning a decision.

I am a believer when it comes to Bader 2.0 but honestly Rashad didn't have much for him and I expect AJ to be much more agressive.

I think AM wins a decision, I am not impressed with Ferreira's standup. He relies on his telegraphed spinning kick.

I've had a few people ask me where the thread is at. I think people are confused and think that this thread is just for AJ vs. Bader since that's in the title.

they'll figure it out

I really like this as a way to play AJ with less juice. I expect AJ to find the KO in r1 most of the time, if Bader survives r1 then I see Bader taking over r2 and r3 and winning a decision.

I am a believer when it comes to Bader 2.0 but honestly Rashad didn't have much for him and I expect AJ to be much more agressive.

I think AM wins a decision, I am not impressed with Ferreira's standup. He relies on his telegraphed spinning kick.

i agree with all of that

just add "Official <event> betting thread" in the title or something. that'll fix the problem for future events

I agree with this. You have to keep it standard. When the last event was going on, I honestly thought this was just a thread about AJ vs. Bader. I've had four different people ask me if there is a thread going on for this event now.

AJ vs Bader:

AJ should clearly be the favourite but I don't really like the odds on him, plus the by KO prop doesn't particularly improve them that much even if it is the most likely method. I'll probably avoid betting it. Bader does have a questionable chin but his stand-up has improved and though I don't expect him to trouble AJ much in that regard, he could use it to set up his wrestling. I'd say Bader has the cardio advantage and if he's able to mix it up and avoid getting KO'ed in the first couple of rounds that could be big. AJ showed off some great defensive wrestling in the Davis fight but that was probably the worst Phil Davis we've seen, he didn't set anything up and seemed very tentative and scared to get hit, instead just shooting takedowns from miles out without even attempting to set them up, whereas I think Bader has a wrestling style better suited to MMA. With it being a 5 round fight I think Bader could find success in not committing too much early on, using his strikes to set up takedowns and attempting to grind AJ against the cage, tiring him out and eventually managing to take him down. Despite being a menace on the feet and having some solid counterwrestling, if you do get AJ on his back he's limited offensively and I don't think he's great at creating scrambles to successfully get back to his feet, after the first round I think Bader would find success in keeping AJ on his back if he could take him down. Essentially if AJ doesn't finish Bader in the first two I think he'll be the one who starts to slow down and Bader can take over and he's shown he can keep up a good pace in 3rd/4th/5th rounds.

I think AJ is the clear favourite, but I actually think Bader has more ways to win. I don't think AJ can submit Bader and I think the majority of the times this goes to a decision, it'd be Bader picking it up. If AJ wins I'd say 85% of the time that's by KO (probably within the first 2 rounds, AJ has only once finished a fight that went to the 3rd round; coincidentally on the TUF card that Bader made his UFC debut on back in 2008). Though it's a lot less likely than the AJ KO, I think Bader can pick up a decision win and could also submit AJ with a choke, and less likely but I do think he could stop AJ with strikes from GnP late in the fight.

The obvious prediction is AJ by KO but I don't like the odds on it. Assuming they stay the same (or improve), for me I'll look at betting:

- under 2.5 rounds @ 1.66
- Bader by points @ 9.00
- Bader r3 @ 29.00
- Bader r4 @ 34.00
- Bader r5 @ 41.00

As I said, in terms of likelihood the obvious is that AJ KO's Bader, but if Bader makes it to the 3rd round I love the odds on those props.

even tho i do think bader has a better chance than most are saying, i'm thinking of not betting him prefight, rather just do it after first round

betting aj early might be the best prefight bet

i do have a few bucks on bader 4 & 5, tho

Long live the Oblivian bet thread.

Barnett & Saff = +133 1unit
Riv/Iuri o2.5 & Holbrook = +532 1unit
Carolina (NFC title game, this Sunday Live on FOX) -3.5 1.25unit

Where is the official Ufc on Fox 18 betting thread?

hitting aj vs bader under +110 on betfair.. my first bet so far.. sad i missed out on rivera +100 on unibet :( hope the line climbs again at some point but i doubt it.. might hit barnett if his line keep climbing

edit: sigh freaking 20$ limit on the under... only 365 and betsafe left to use it seems like.. if they decide to limit me in the future i am really screwed =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back